[IDM Customs] The Lone Ranger 1/6 Scale Figure (Tonto Head Sculpt Page 11)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, sorry for the wait. Been super busy with work and my company is sending me off to Los Angeles for a training seminar next week so I've been busy preparing.

He's pretty much done and I'll be sending everyone requests for the balance as soon as I get back. This project took a lot longer than I anticipated. First with the pistols being out of stock, then my mold on the hands broke down. But he's finally done and I'm just waiting for my buddy Will to finish the castings on the hands left and he's good to go!

Some pics of the final figures, minus his gloved hands of course.

ranger14.jpg

ranger15.jpg

ranger16.jpg

Holy cow, that is awesome. Those hands were a ***** huh?! The whole package is first class though and I am really excited to get it. I can't wait to see what you have planned for Marston.

He's all packed and getting ready to go. I'll probably drop him off Thursday and will message everyone the tracking info. Please post some pics when you guys get him. The Ranger has been a labor of love for Jen and I. Now on to Tonto. :D

He's all packed and getting ready to go. I'll probably drop him off Thursday and will message everyone the tracking info. Please post some pics when you guys get him. The Ranger has been a labor of love for Jen and I. Now on to Tonto. :D

John and Jen. The effort you guys put into this can already be seen. I am sure it will be one of my most prized collectibles. I truly can't wait to see it in hand. Thank you for the time and attention you put into your projects.:)

Finally got the Lone Ranger:yess:

First off I want to thank John and Jen for making this figure come to reality. I have been wanting a Lone Ranger representation on my shelves for a long while.

I have to say though, when I got the figure I couldn't open the box:slap. I thought it was some cruel joke:lol, but I literally had to shove my hands down the side to get it to open (it even ripped on both corners because I had to use so much force).

Once I got the box opened though you could tell the love that went into the presentation. The red satin was nice and the plastic figure clam shell was a very nice addition. The paint job and sculpt are fantastic and the clothing is top notch. However, the most impressive thing is the belt and holsters - WOW:thud:

I did have a few things that were issues to me (some things are just my OCD:cuckoo:). The gloves (which we all know John fought with) were not attached when received. The right glove was fine, but the left glove has two rips down each cuff side and won't stay attached to the peg. The body is the KO True Type that is very loose and I had to immediately change over to the new regular body TTM21. The neck has serious giraffe syndrome, so I shaved approx. 1/3" off to shorten it to my liking. My last nit pick was the boots are a bit to baggy up top. I added filler in the backs to make them appear a little tighter to the leg.

Overall, I am ecstatic with this figure and John and Jen have done a wonderful job. Here are a few quick pics after my modifications.

Qbomb, thanks for posting the pics and I'm glad you like him. I checked the one I still have here and you're right about the box. I think the heat out here in California is getting the paint on the box more tacky than usual and I also had a tough time getting it back out. I made the original box and it opened without any problem so I think the heat might have something to do with it.

To make the glove hands fit tighter you can probably add some hot glue to fill it in if it's loose. I drilled the hole in the hands to fit properly, but the material on the hands are flexible so it's hard to get the hole just right. The boots are the stock boots from Battlegear, but I customized them and weathered them. I usually add some foam or tape to fill them out if it's too loose.

I like what you did with the stand. It looks great!

Lone Ranger in hand as well. Beautiful! I'm glad I read about the box opening ahead of time, so I was careful. I won't lie, it was tough. If the heat in California made it stick, imagine what the heat here in Arizona will do to something.

I'll be sending Qbomb a new box and a replacement hand. If anyone experiences the same problem, please let me know. I found a way to fix the boxes by just shortening the inner flap a little. Not sure what happened with it sticking, but just be careful when opening. I'm glad everyone's enjoying theirs and please let me know if you have any issues.

Back