[IDM Customs] The Lone Ranger 1/6 Scale Figure (Tonto Head Sculpt Page 11)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [IDM Customs] The Lone Ranger 1/6 Scale Figure (Horse Order Info Page 8)

IDMCustoms said:
The horses fits better in size with 11 or 11.5 inches action figures

6902458654_bfa63efa46_b_zps6598be97.jpg
105911qbub7vjb4z94j4b3__95709.1367280331.720.1280.jpg

Looks in better scale than this imho opinion!

But if The Lone Ranger gets a ride, then I will have to have one for Tonto. I would also prefer a stance with all four hooves on the ground. Can the horse be removed from the base? Prefer to have freestanding.

Standard is without the base. The base is added with the mohair upgrade for $70.

Does he offer hairless versions of the Calvary? Even though a mustang sculpt I would love to own!

Standard is without the base. The base is added with the mohair upgrade for $70.

Yep and thank god for rio rondo!

I really like the Calvary horses, especially the black.

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

I'd rather have a standing pose for Silver with no base and real mane and tail. Should we set up an interest list?

Yeah, the scale looks perfect to me, but Luis knows his stuff so I think he's basing it on the real scale horse. It looks fine to me and is much more in scale than most of the horses I see.

The cavalry horse is my second choice. I just like the Duero more because the pose is more dynamic. I was going to get the Cavalry horse in brown for Tonto and I didn't want them to have the same horse in different colors. I'm fine with either one. Luis does some really awesome work and I hope to collaborate with him on some figures. Have you guys seen his bandits?! They're crazy awesome and really detailed.

We can vote on it I guess. Keep in mind if we get 8-10 people confirming, we can ask Luis to make a new sculpt too.

john i am in for the horse... but i vote against the typical pose... something along the lines of that famous silver pose...remember the old marx lone ranger ,....or at least something where it looks like he is moving, maybe a gallop pose..would go great with a same tonto and horse...look like they are riding next to eachother, rather than just a still pose... but its your project....you make the call...

I prefer the real mane and tail also. My thought is with a standing pose the Ranger can either be sitting on it or standing next to it. With an action pose you are forced to have a riding pose. Just my 2 cents.

Put up a poll!

ah, see you found luis as well. his work is awesome to say the least. i ran across his stuff a while back while looking for a horse to fit the bill for my frazetta death dealer. he told me he is working on a large draft horse (like a clydesdale) and can't wait to see that. he's a bit pricey but his stuff is just off the charts outstanding.

wish the "oldman" was a bit taller, that would have worked.

Duero for sure! That pose is great. I'd go for mane and tail hair for sure.

Ok, so this is where it stands. It's 3 for 3 on the votes. :D

The Danger - Cavalry Horse
qbomb71 - Cavalry Horse
greatlakes6 - Cavalry Horse
idmcustoms - Duero
mightyq- Duero
phantom65- Duero

We still need to see if pcleemake and yodasan wants in on the horse order to break the tie. :D

I think we can all agree on the real hair and tail. I initially planned to make my own base, but I think you really can't beat Luis' custom made and hand-finished base. The horses are separate from the base so you can display them anywhere. The base just makes it look more fancy so we can do without the base I think, but it's up to you guys. Personally I plan to just display mine in my cabinet so I don't plan on getting the base.

Well would love to see a custom sculpt done, however calvary will do for now. :)

John
Were you able to get all the parts needed to keep with your end of the month projection?
Really looking forward to this piece.:panic::panic::panic:

I checked and should be receiving the pistols and bullets from Battlegear Toys early next week. But I'm almost done with all the casts on the heads, hat, etc. I've started work on the holsters and Jen is sewing up his outfits as we speak. :)

I should also have some pics of the Tonto sculpt soon. :p

Awesome. Can't wait to see your Ranger. This is a long wanted figure for me.

I checked and should be receiving the pistols and bullets from Battlegear Toys early next week. But I'm almost done with all the casts on the heads, hat, etc. I've started work on the holsters and Jen is sewing up his outfits as we speak. :)

I should also have some pics of the Tonto sculpt soon. :p

All of this is GREAT news!! Really excited to see any and all progress on this!

john, is ther anyway for each guy to order whatever horse they want? or does it have to be just the one?

Back