[IDM Customs] The Lone Ranger 1/6 Scale Figure (Tonto Head Sculpt Page 11)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [IDM Customs] The Lone Ranger 1/6 Scale Figure (Horse Order Info Page 8)

Marty,

Yeah, we can order anything we want. The only real benefit of ordering as a group is to get a brand new sculpt from Luis, which is very rare and unique since he doesn't normally do that. So even as it stands, we can order 3 Duero and 3 Cavalry horses from him. I haven't heard from the other guys so maybe they're not interested in the horse.

Re: [IDM Customs] The Lone Ranger 1/6 Scale Figure (Horse Order Info Page 8)

Quick Update:

Heads and Hats are casted and I'll set up for painting this weekend. In the meantime, I'll cast and clean up his hands and mask and start work on the gun belt since I just got the parts in from Battlegear on Monday.

ranger13.jpg

Here's a preview of Tonto also. I made that skull piece several months ago for a planned Mariachi/Desperado figure I've been meaning to do but never got around to, so I figured I can use it for Tonto now. :p

tonto1.jpg

tonto2.jpg

tonto3.jpg

nice tonto, without a doubt he has those native american features,,,:clap

5/29/13 Update:
Just want to update everyone that I've hit a speed-bump so to speak, so the Ranger is taking a little longer than I anticipated. He's going to take a little longer to finish because the mold and castings on his hand is taking a lot longer than I initially thought. The resin I use takes several days to dry and harden. Unlike the hat and mask which is thinner, the hands are using the same soft material, but because it's thicker, it's taking much longer to fully cure. The last few sets I've casted are averaging 3-4 days just for one set to cure. I just want to let everyone know. I'll try to finish him as soon as I can. Heads are being painted currently and Jen has already finished the clothing and we're starting to put everything together. So the hands casting and the box is the only thing slowing things. I hope to finish him in the next few weeks and will try to find a way to speed up the castings on the hands.

Don't sweat it John. Take your time and do what is needed to get the hands right. I know that has got to be a bit frustrating, but I for one have wanted a 1/6 Lone Ranger figure for many years so a couple more weeks is nothing. If you could post update pictures along the way would be great too though:wink1: Thanks man, really looking forward to this.

No need to rush. Thanks for the update!! Take all the time you need.

5/29/13 Update:
Just want to update everyone that I've hit a speed-bump so to speak, so the Ranger is taking a little longer than I anticipated. He's going to take a little longer to finish because the mold and castings on his hand is taking a lot longer than I initially thought. The resin I use takes several days to dry and harden. Unlike the hat and mask which is thinner, the hands are using the same soft material, but because it's thicker, it's taking much longer to fully cure. The last few sets I've casted are averaging 3-4 days just for one set to cure. I just want to let everyone know. I'll try to finish him as soon as I can. Heads are being painted currently and Jen has already finished the clothing and we're starting to put everything together. So the hands casting and the box is the only thing slowing things. I hope to finish him in the next few weeks and will try to find a way to speed up the castings on the hands.

Take your time, no rush. I appreciate your attention to doing it right instead of quick.

Thanks Rick!

Update:
Just a quick update to let everyone know that I pretty much gave up on molding up the hands. I'm going to send it off to my friend Will to mold and cast it so it will be another few weeks before I get the casts back to paint. But everything else is pretty much done and Jen and I will assemble the figures minus the hands this weekend.

Thanks Rick!

Update:
Just a quick update to let everyone know that I pretty much gave up on molding up the hands. I'm going to send it off to my friend Will to mold and cast it so it will be another few weeks before I get the casts back to paint. But everything else is pretty much done and Jen and I will assemble the figures minus the hands this weekend.

Awesome!!! Looking forward to it John! This will be the centrepiece to my display.

Just an excited bump... can't wait to see this one in person! Let's see those hand-less Rangers!

Thanks Rick!

Update:

John
How is this progressing?

I sent the hands off to my buddy Will to cast. Will is the one who casted the hoverboards and mags and it should be another 2 weeks before he gets the hands back to me. He's wrapping up the hoverboard and mags and should be shipped out this week sometime. I'll take some pics of the assembly on the Ranger soon.

Back