Imaresqd1 Christian Bale SOLD OUT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Imaresqd1 Bruce Wayne Order Thread (Anyone that owes read post #749)

From what I understand, that is pretty much it. You still have to paint it but it is much easier to do so and the results are generally more realistic looking.

ah, thx for the explanation Void.

It forces the air out, and also forces the resin into all the nooks and crannies. The mold itself must also be made under pressure, or the pressure pot will drive the resin into the air bubbles in the mold itself.

Proof that I'm not stalling :D

IMG_4801.jpg

Best Bale likeness on the market.

As others have said, that flesh-toned head is the best if you can make it work.

my god that flesh cast looks amazing..

To compress air bubbles so it doesn't stick in the resins surface.

It forces the air out, and also forces the resin into all the nooks and crannies. The mold itself must also be made under pressure, or the pressure pot will drive the resin into the air bubbles in the mold itself.

Hmm.. I was thinking on another process, got mixed up. haha, but yes, I correct myself, it forces the bubble out.

I can´t wait to check this out on hand, I bet everybody here can´t!

the second one from the right! that sculpt literally paints itself... perfect skin tone creg.. hope you can get it this way!

Last edited:

... Pressure pot? Do not you speak rather about a vacuum chamber by chance, guys? :dunno :cuckoo:

@ Dean: take your time my friend, because things have to be slowly made so that they are made well.
... And I speak knowingly! :D :monkey3

To compress air bubbles so it doesn't stick in the resins surface.

Hmm.. I was thinking on another process, got mixed up. haha, but yes, I correct myself, it forces the bubble out.

the second one from the right! that sculpt literally paints itself... perfect skin tone creg.. hope you can get it this way!

Thanks for the explanations:hi5:

But yeah, i'm happy to wait if that means a higher quality cast! Do take your time to get this right Dean! Which I know you are

No - It's pressure. The pressure "pushes" the resin into the detail if you will. I will be using about 60psi.

I know you can degas silicone but I'm not sure if you can degas resin? Is that what you are doing. I have a buddy with an industrial vacuum pump I my try if so.

Also - This resin blooms or gels at 3 min. so I have a quick work time. I got the fast cure because if it took 6-8hrs for one batch... :horror X 130????

No thanks :lol

... Pressure pot? Do not you speak rather about a vacuum chamber by chance, guys? :dunno :cuckoo:

@ Dean: take your time my friend, because things have to be slowly made so that they are made well.
... And I speak knowingly! :D :monkey3

:lol

I believe -- this is from my research, not from experience -- that some professionals use a vacuum chamber to make the mold, and a pressure pot for casting. A pressure pot set to the right amount of pressure will accomplish the same thing during the making of the mold, squeezing the air bubbles out. The one thing I am familiar with is what happens when you pressure-cast using a mold that wasn't made under pressure or in a vacuum. The result is hilarious, but not usable.

I believe -- this is from my research, not from experience -- that some professionals use a vacuum chamber to make the mold, and a pressure pot for casting. A pressure pot set to the right amount of pressure will accomplish the same thing during the making of the mold, squeezing the air bubbles out. The one thing I am familiar with is what happens when you pressure-cast using a mold that wasn't made under pressure or in a vacuum. The result is hilarious, but not usable.

OT, but I couldnt help but notice that Jedi Luke on your signature! wow, thats the best likeness of Mark Ive seen so far!

Mind sharing who did the sculpt and paint, bud? :peace

Thanks, H...still meaning to reveal my varied treasures...that's a Les Walker repaint of the Mat Falls Sideshow head.

We now return to our regular programming.

No - It's pressure. The pressure "pushes" the resin into the detail if you will. I will be using about 60psi.

I know you can degas silicone but I'm not sure if you can degas resin? Is that what you are doing. I have a buddy with an industrial vacuum pump I my try if so.

Also - This resin blooms or gels at 3 min. so I have a quick work time. I got the fast cure because if it took 6-8hrs for one batch... :horror X 130????

No thanks :lol

Personally, I use some polyurethane resin which begins to harden at the end of 5 in 7 minutes and which I can unmold after 20 minutes. I prepare in two tumblers (or in two syringes, depending on quantity) the same quantity of resin than of hardener and I put them to remove bubbles during 10 minutes in the vacuum chamber. After that, I mix them correctly without moving too quickly at the risk of creating new bubbles. And Voila.
That's the classic method, I think... :dunno

Pleeeease let me know that you got my payment Dean, I'm freakin out alittle :dunno . Thanks, Bill(#9)

Paid in full as well, pls update the list if possible, thanks!

List updated!

Oh yeah... The pressure pot worked great!!!! :D

Production starts this weekend.

In the meantime. Pics on a Sat. Toys body and side by side with a Joker head.

Enjoy!

IMG_4816.jpg

IMG_4818.jpg

IMG_4819.jpg

IMG_4822.jpg

IMG_4823.jpg

Back