Imaresqd1 Christian Bale SOLD OUT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Imaresqd1 Bruce Wayne Order Thread (Anyone that owes read post #749)

Any chance of getting some pics of the completed sculpts that are ready to ship please

Hi Dean,

I'm sorry that you encounter problems. :(
If I understand correctly: you have wanted to achieve 10 silicone molds, and while you had put them under pressure to polymerize, there was an accidental drop in pressure, which generated deformations in molds... Is that correct?
For once, the "Elephant Man" effect is striking!... :D :monkey3

Personally, I do not use the system pressurized. I add 7.5% silicone oil in silicone to limit the formation of bubbles and I put this mixture in a vacuum chamber for a quarter of an hour to remove a maximum of bubbles. Subsequently, I dose the catalyst to 2.5% only so that the silicone cures very slowly. It also allows me to put the final mixture into the vacuum chamber to remove a maximum of bubbles for 10-15 minutes without losing the fluidity of the silicone.
Finally, I pour silicone from very high to create a fine net which further reduces the formation of bubbles, and I let harden for 15 to 24 hours. In this way, the residual microbubbles have ample time to return to the surface of the mold.

If this can help... :dunno
Anyway, good luck my friend! :1-1::peace

:monkey4 Tell me about it...:slap

I have 19 shipping this week. 10 molds post curing now to start pouring 20 per day to wrap up. I hope to have all packaged and shipped by next weekend.

I estimate that I have cast from 70 - 80 heads and all but 18 have had small (but too bad) to large defects.

I am the first to say how pathetic it is to have taken this long but as I have said before I will see this to it's end no matter what. I told you all that I had 10 molds poured a week ago. Well - I did but lost pressure in the cure :gah: and this happened....

IMG_5329.jpg

There were no surface bubbles but when the resin was cured on pressure if pushed out the this spots where air was trapped. I was all :panic::panic::panic: then :monkey2

Anywho - I know we've all been :impatient: (waiting) I just want to get a good product in your hand. Flesh casts really are something special compared to white.

Away I go to make some heads this week. I'll update the list soon.

Thank you all,

Dean

Mutant "Bruno" Wayne...

Those look as though they were made under pressure but the mold itself wasn't. If the mold wasn't de-gassed, it has air pockets. Pressure will push the resin into those pockets.

Any chance of getting some pics of the completed sculpts that are ready to ship please

That's what I posted last night... :dunno :lol

I'll snap one tonight.

Those look as though they were made under pressure but the mold itself wasn't. If the mold wasn't de-gassed, it has air pockets. Pressure will push the resin into those pockets.

Thank you - that's exactly what I was trying to say but didn't articulate it well enough.

The molds lost pressure after about 4 hours curing. The compressed air expanded and left a lot of rather large bubbles in the rubber.

I poured a test run of a quick set resin and they looked fine. Then I cure a set of flesh tone under pressure and that is what happened.

By the way all. The molds came out this morning and are smooth as glass! :yess:

Casting starts tonight :hi5:

And Baloo - Thank you for the suggestions. I know some of you guys are degassers (giggle) but I have had great success with air free molds curing under pressure.

The guy that helped me with these even did a mold of the Iron Man helmet, with the head removed, under pressure and it turned out perfect with very thin walls and smooth detail with no trapped air pockets...

Anywho - All is well and on track. Thank God! :pray:

excellent news, thank you for the update.

Greg any chance of taking a photo of your set up for casting? Very new to all of this and a rank hobbiest, would love to see how all this works.

Wonder when the later people on the list are going out. Those are some freaky heads! :lol

Wow looking great, thanks for the update

Wow ~~ Looking great pictures,Can't wait to see it ~~

Back