Imaresqd1 Christian Bale SOLD OUT

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Imaresqd1 Bruce Wayne Order Thread (Anyone that owes read post #749)

Please do, Dean.

Not to put pressure or anything but, we did send payment a while ago and have been waiting patiently. Please make sure that we get the perfect heads for this project.

Its no 1 on my customs project now, and it would really disappoints me if I get a sub par sculpt from what could possibly be Adam's masterpiece.

Thanks bud :wave

Dean its really nice seeing these in production. Looking good! I would like one of the more solid sculpts if possible. It will make it much easier to paint with the technique i use.

:exactly::exactly::exactly::exactly:

my reasons exactly... i'm not going to use traditional painting methods that will cover the whole sculpt.

Please do, Dean.

Not to put pressure or anything but, we did send payment a while ago and have been waiting patiently. Please make sure that we get the perfect heads for this project.

Its no 1 on my customs project now, and it would really disappoints me if I get a sub par sculpt from what could possibly be Adam's masterpiece.

Thanks bud :wave

No pressure at all. You did and you have... and it is much appreciated.

This would have been finished some time back with the white resin I use for other projects but I wanted to do the flesh tone as you don't see it that often.

Like I said in post #929 "The heads will all be within about an 80% range the same color. None will be extremely translucent."

And those are not. As for concerns with detail. There is no difference. :lecture

The slightly translucent casts look a bit more glossy but it's due to light and not detail. It's not like they have a smooth surface. I haven't come this far to give you guys crap product.
:1-1:

Dean
CC

The process...

After mixing the resin - they are cured at 60psi for 20 to 30 minutes.

This is the result.

A full mold:
IMG_5350.jpg

Batch-O-Goodness:
IMG_5349.jpg

Envelope mold:
IMG_5351.jpg

Pre-trimmed head:
IMG_5348.jpg

Break off the base:
IMG_5352.jpg

Trim the flashings:
IMG_5353.jpg

And here, we, Go!
IMG_5355.jpg

It looks very good.

Yeah, it does. I can´t wait to have it in hand...

Cant help but to notice some of the details are not too visible here?

The process...

After mixing the resin - they are cured at 60psi for 20 to 30 minutes.

This is the result.

Batch-O-Goodness:
IMG_5349.jpg

compared to this one thats on the first page:

IMG_4585.jpg
IMG_4586.jpg

IMG_4588.jpg
IMG_4590.jpg

IMG_4591.jpg
IMG_4592.jpg

IMG_4593.jpg
IMG_4599.jpg

is it just the lighting or pic quality, Dean?

I'd say that would be the lighting.

I have actually decided to scrap my BW bash, so if anyone would like an extra (pre-drilled) sculpt for $60 instead of $66.50, shoot me a PM and I'll pass the change of ownership along to Dean :duff

The one with the purple spots must be the original, but there is a major difference between the cast head shown on the suited body (1 of the original 10) and the ones coming out now.
I am not too thrilled with the translucent resin, it doesn't make for realistic flesh on miniatures. Is is possible to tint white resin rather than crystal clear? I would take plain white if that's easier. I'm so sorry you had so much trouble with this I am just a bit concerned.

I´ll have it white too, no problem, but not translucent, please, please.

Sorry but I'm not following the logic of wanting a white one rather than a flesh toned one that you have not seen in person. If you are painting a white one, the base coat will cover just as easy as it would over the flesh tone casts. :dunno

( Excluding painting styles to show the base color...)

Last edited:

I'm confident what we'll be getting would be nothing short of stellar in quality - i've been speaking to Dean about this whole project very regularly and I have nothing but praise for how much work he's put into this whole thing. No need to worry guys

I am sorry I rocked the boat, you are probably right on the painting aspect but I would likely have just kept the white one as it is to admire. I have no experience with total coverage painting, I was fearing too many layers would take away from the details. Again, I am very sorry, I can't imagine the work it takes to make those molds and the troubles you have had with the bubbles.

So these heads don't need to be drilled? These look cast ready for a neck adapter?

Back