Clothing set Jurassic Park - Dr. Alan Grant - Toribox/Yunsil [CLOSED/SHIPPING]

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for your feedback everyone. I relayed it all to Yunsil and she has replied back on a number of points already.

1) Trousers / pants - I asked Yunsil to send me a further picture with the pants rolled down just to make sure it covers the boot to the correct length as shown in the movie (in the promo shots he often has the end turned up but for the most part in the movie it is rolled down). She sent the further picture below which shows it really nicely.

2) Shirt Colour - I asked Yunsil to send me a further picture of the shirt in daylight to get a better idea of the colour of it (from the original pictures the shirt looked on the darker side and whilst it is a colour match for lots of the dimly lit / interior scenes I'm more used to seeing the lighter colour from being outside in the direct sunlight). If you look at the pictures below you can see that in sunlight it is lighter in colour than it first appeared and I am very happy with it.

3) Sleeve Length - I passed on our feedback about the sleeve length and you can see in the picture below that she has rolled it up to show that it can be rolled higher in the usual position worn by Grant. However, Yunsil commented that whilst she thinks it's okay to fold it up, it would be better to reduce the length to reflect our intentions. She is going to reduce the length of the sleeve on the final version.

4) Shirt Buttons - I asked Yunsil about the button options as she has used well scaled brass / silver studs (rather than buttons) but from looking at millions of pictures of the shirt I am convinced that they are shiny blue (they catch the light differently and sometimes look a mottled brown but I am sure they are blue). Yunsil is not able to source any blue buttons in this scale and invited us to send some to her if we can locate them. I've spoken with DoggieDoc and he is kindly exploring whether he can manufacture some for this run so our shirt will look as accurate as possible, I will report back once we have more info on this option.

5) Shirt Collar - I passed on the comments about the shirt collar and Yunsil has commented as follows: "It is hard to reduce the width of the collar further. This is the width of our common collar. The interference of the thickness and width of the cloth cannot make it smaller." So in summary she appears to be saying that it cannot be made any smaller and that it is the same size as their usual collar. Do you want me to see whether there is anything further can be done here (seems like there is not)? She suggested in her comments to me that some of my points may come down to how she has futzed (or not) the figure and that once we get it in hand we can make it look better and it might be that this is the case here. I would appreciate your thoughts.

6) Shirt practicalities - I asked how the shirt was 'done up' (i.e. snaps or magnets?). Yunsil said that her team no longer uses magnets on shirts. She also said that in this case she hasn't used snaps and has sewn the shirt up with thread for the scene (to create the correct look of the billowy / baggy shirt). I think the end result looks good but I should be grateful for your feedback.

7) Henley Tee - I think this might be out of the question now as Yunsil has said that in order to produce the henley tee she would need to entirely re-make the outfit to accommodate the extra size of it underneath and I'm nervous about the shirt losing its narrow shape around the shoulders if the outfit has to be thickened up with a further layer. It can only be seen later in the movie once he loses the neckerchief and unbuttons a further button on the blue shirt (after the T-rex attach) and I don't expect many are going for this look so it might be surplus to requirement. It is going to increase the cost if we include the henley tee and I will need to discuss it further with her and she has mentioned potentially more costs to completely re-work the sample (whilst I asked her to include it before booking the run I can see how it was missed off as it was not on the original submission request). Before I look into this further, are you bothered about the inclusion of the white henley tee?

Yunsil has gotten some nice folds into the shirt sleeves in the new picture below so I hope that this shows that these can be futzed and the material does have a nice drape quality to it. I look forward to hearing from you and thanks for your patience throughout this process.

Alan Grant - Yunsil Further Pictures.jpg

I'm pretty happy on all accounts. Don't need the henley. Perhaps the color of the shirt could be a little lighter, but I'd be ok with it this color. If DoggieDoc can do the buttons, that would be fantastic.

BTW, Which body is Yunsil using? I'd like to secure one soon. Thanks!

Will Tatiana be making the hat so that it goes over the haired sculpt or so it sits on the sliced sculpt as a replacement to the Waruna?

I ask because I really want one but I will likely be using the chronical head. In either case, it should be fine as I believe their hatred head is like that anyways as well.

Hi Djfresh. Thanks for your message.

Yunsil has agreed to make the changes to the sleeves that I reported above (she will make these to the final produced version of the outfit for the run). I reported to her that we were happy on the colour of the shirt (based on the later pictures of it shown in daylight). She is unable to make any further adjustments to the shirt collar (she said this was as small as it could be at this scale) but she did think some of my comments were down to her lack of futzing in the photos she sent me and that once we had it in hand this would not be an issue. Based on the comments I received I confirmed to her that the we would not require the Henley Tee.

DoggieDoc is currently working on prototypes for the buttons for the shirt (we spoke earlier this week and he has a couple of ideas he is trying out). I will begin to collect the final balance on the clothing once we know how the buttons fall into place (if we can add the buttons it will greatly enhance the shirt but will lead to slight increase to final price). Yunsil did say to me that irrespective of the buttons there will be an increase to the final price anyway as the cut and sew of the outfit (trousers and shirt) and the fading effect to the shirt were more time intensive than she first anticipated. I will advise you all by message once the final price has been confirmed.

Sorry for the delay I will update here once I have more to report.

Hi everyone. Good news, I will begin collecting balancing payments tomorrow for the clothing run. I will send everyone a PM with the details. Thanks for your patience, coming round to the home straight now.

Really bummed I missed out on this, especially since Chronicle went under. I have payment at the ready if anyone drops out!

Can anyone point me to where I can preorder the boots and accessories for this set? ??

Also, I’m not finding the Worldbox AT013 body that was used for this set anywhere. Does anyone have any leads on that, or an extra you’re looking to sell?

Can anyone point me to where I can preorder the boots and accessories for this set? ??

Also, I’m not finding the Worldbox AT013 body that was used for this set anywhere. Does anyone have any leads on that, or an extra you’re looking to sell?
Wow, that's not good. I doubt anyone has actually purchased the body for this yet and it's nowhere to be found. I just checked numerous sources I use and nothing.

Hi MarfMaster

Thanks for joining the project. I will send you the details for the balance in a PM. DoggieDoc is producing the accessories but they are not yet available for order. Striped Box (Tatiana) is making shoes and I believe you can still order them (deposits appear to be open but I will check) or there are other timberland style boots available on ebay. I will check if I can find the body for order anywhere at the moment (I think it is almost identical to the AT011 save that this one has a very small paunch but all other parts are the same, the shirt for Grant has been tailored to be baggy around the mid-drift in any case so should not be an issue).

All the best

Jamie

@Bravomite
Bro, please note that I have sold my Yunsil spot to @Levit05
Please take out my name and put his on the list.
Since I haven't paid the remaining balance, he will pay it directly to you.
Thank you.

Back