Clothing set Jurassic Park - Dr. Alan Grant - Toribox/Yunsil [CLOSED/SHIPPING]

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think what Andy said sums it up perfectly to be honest. I’m willing to bet that if you break it down hourly she’s not making much money. To those who can afford and it’s worth it for it’s an awesome thing and awesome for the artist too. Very much worth the price if you ask me even though I too may not be able to justify it personally it is most cetianly not overpriced. Remember these are made BY HAND

Found some references for the clothing set, not sure if it has been brought up yet:
https://jurassic-pedia.com/alan-grant-costume-guide/
Thanks noocollection. They do have some very good photos on that page (especially useful for the belt accessories which are really hard to find) and I did 'consult' it (haha!) a long time ago when I was first checking for reference material - however, they do misidentify some of the items (e.g. the boots are not 6 inch classics). I have bombarded Yunsil's team with a lot of photos for the outfit (and even went through the movie frame by frame to try and get better photos of the more obscure pieces). I'm going to chase up Yunsil now to see if I can get an update on the time frame for the proto and will report back here.

Hi everyone

I have received the following update from Yunsil this morning:

"I already finished first same few weeks ago. I'm checking and modifying now. I keep thinking about the pockets of my belt because they are difficult. Please wait little more. I will show you soon it."

So a really positive update and hopefully she will be able to share photos of the sample soon. When she mentions pockets of the belt, I believe she is referring to the pouch which holds the compass, u-dig trowel 'holster' and the multi-tool 'holster' that are on the belt (DoggieDoc's awesome proto trowel and multi-tool are with Yunsil for the fitting).

Thanks for hanging in there everyone, I really appreciate your patience.

Thanks noocollection. They do have some very good photos on that page (especially useful for the belt accessories which are really hard to find) and I did 'consult' it (haha!) a long time ago when I was first checking for reference material - however, they do misidentify some of the items (e.g. the boots are not 6 inch classics). I have bombarded Yunsil's team with a lot of photos for the outfit (and even went through the movie frame by frame to try and get better photos of the more obscure pieces). I'm going to chase up Yunsil now to see if I can get an update on the time frame for the proto and will report back here.

That’s cool that you’ve already looked for it before, I was rewatching the movie yesterday and started looking into detail, and yes I noticed that the timberlands should be an 8-inch instead. Any ideas if the hat is accurate? As Tatiana is going to do it for us.

Hi everyone

I have received the following update from Yunsil this morning:

"I already finished first same few weeks ago. I'm checking and modifying now. I keep thinking about the pockets of my belt because they are difficult. Please wait little more. I will show you soon it."

So a really positive update and hopefully she will be able to share photos of the sample soon. When she mentions pockets of the belt, I believe she is referring to the pouch which holds the compass, u-dig trowel 'holster' and the multi-tool 'holster' that are on the belt (DoggieDoc's awesome proto trowel and multi-tool are with Yunsil for the fitting).

Thanks for hanging in there everyone, I really appreciate your patience.

Good news! Can’t wait to see the sample.
After that we may start to plan to work on a different character hahahaha

Good news! Can’t wait to see the sample.
After that we may start to plan to work on a different character hahahaha

Large_jurassic_park_blu-ray_1x.jpg

Thanks for enthusiasm. Yes very keen to tackle everyone's favourite Chaotician next once Grant is on the home straight.

Finewee haha I was very happy to see that news as well, although I think the hat you are referring to is the one he wore in JPIII (as he lost the hat from JP during the T-rex break out scene).

Noobcollection, the hat on Waruna's sculpt is really accurate to the one he wore in JP, he did a top job there. I wasn't there person who initially contacted Tatiana / Striped Box about the hat (only the shoes) but I can check with her.

Thanks for enthusiasm. Yes very keen to tackle everyone's favourite Chaotician next once Grant is on the home straight.

Finewee haha I was very happy to see that news as well, although I think the hat you are referring to is the one he wore in JPIII (as he lost the hat from JP during the T-rex break out scene).

Noobcollection, the hat on Waruna's sculpt is really accurate to the one he wore in JP, he did a top job there. I wasn't there person who initially contacted Tatiana / Striped Box about the hat (only the shoes) but I can check with her.
Haha, you're right! Comparing images, Waruna's does looks really accurate to JP.

I was the one who contacted Tatiana with the hat, just sent her this reference earlier but not sure if it's accurate.

I was the one who contacted Tatiana with the hat, just sent her this reference earlier but not sure if it's accurate.
Great thanks for reminding me haha! Yes the hat shown page under 'screen used' is the correct version (at least as far as I can tell). I've copied it below with a couple of shots from the movie so you can see that it looks the same. The 'Scala Panama replica' shown on the page is not a very good match in opinion. I'm excited to see what Tatiana can do.

m9Z6J2k.jpg
2213_00121_tall.jpg
2213_00392_head.jpg

Great thanks for reminding me haha! Yes the hat shown page under 'screen used' is the correct version (at least as far as I can tell). I've copied it below with a couple of shots from the movie so you can see that it looks the same. The 'Scala Panama replica' shown on the page is not a very good match in opinion. I'm excited to see what Tatiana can do.

View attachment 427441View attachment 427442View attachment 427443
Right it does look different, I'll send this to Tatiana as well.

Thanks for your patience everyone. The first post has been updated with pictures of the first sample (apologies for the picture size/quality, I've not found a way to upload better at the moment within the size limit). I've had a few hours now to analyse the pictures and will start off by saying I am very excited and pleased with how they look (but do have some critiques which I will detail below):
  • The trousers / pants look perfect to my eyes, the cut and sew is fantastic, very happy with the colour choice and those pleats (haha!), if they had the Ralph Lauren logo on them I'd think they were the real 1:1 thing.
  • The belt and pouches for the accessories also look very very good to my eye (you can't see the accessories but there is a tiny accurate U-dig trowel and multi-tool tucked away in those pouches - thanks DoggieDoc).
  • I love the material chosen for the shirt, has a fantastic drape quality to it and having looked at many screen shots of the movie (comparing side by side on my screen) I'm happy with the colour too (I did really analyse this because I wondered whether it could do with being more faded but I actually think it is fine but happy to hear what everyone else thinks). Yunsil said that she decided to not use a jean material because it didn't look right in this scale so she added a washing process to get the faded look. The sew and creases on the back of the shirt are also fantastic.
  • neckerchief looks perfect.
So overall I think it is great and quick side by side with the Chronicle proto should make you all pretty pleased to have gone with Yunsil. That said, this is the first sample so we do have the opportunity now to offer some constructive critiques and make some changes. With that in mind, I set out below my thoughts (all on the shirt) and I would be interested to know if you agree or if you have any other thoughts:
  1. I said all on the shirt, but Yunsil forgot to include the white henley tee in the sample. I will ask again whether it can be added and the cost because I want it for the full look;
  2. the sleeves need to be rolled up higher because Grant always wore them just below the elbow. My concern is that if we rolled up the existing sleeve to get that level it would bunch too thickly at this scale. If you agree, I would like Yunsil to make the sleeves shorter so that she can put the roll in herself to the right height to create a natural look (the other option would see us each cut them to our desired length but I'd rather she did it with the sew finish to prevent unravelling);
  3. the collar is too big. I will add some photos later to show what I mean but it is messing up the balance and scale of the outfit and figure;
  4. the buttons on the shirt. At the moment they are studs but I would prefer buttons (probably unlikely in this scale) but I can ask if you agree. Also there should not be a button on the left breast pocket (don't know if Grant lost it but the outfit doesn't appear to have one in the pictures). Do you want me to ask her to remove it? Also on the buttons, I need to check with Yunsil where the snaps (I presume snaps rather magnets but can check) are because if you wished to go with the look from the latter half of the movie then you would need to have one more button 'undone' so the snaps need to allow for this;
  5. the breast pockets should not be as wide and should sit a little lower on the shirt; and
  6. where the sleeves meet the main body of the shirt at the shoulders is not quite right at the moment (almost there), but I think they should meet slightly higher up on the shoulder.
Right those are my thoughts but I am very keen to hear yours.

I've inserted the photos below as well as in the first post:

Alan Grant Clothing Sample - Yunsil. 2.jpg

Alan Grant Clothing Sample - Yunsil. 3.jpg

Alan Grant Clothing Sample - Yunsil. 4.jpg

Alan Grant Clothing Sample - Yunsil. 5.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for your patience everyone. The first post has been updated with pictures of the first sample (apologies for the picture size/quality, I've not found a way to upload better at the moment within the size limit). I've had a few hours now to analyse the pictures and will start off by saying I am very excited and pleased with how they look (but do have some critiques which I will detail below):
  • The trousers / pants look perfect to my eyes, the cut and sew is fantastic, very happy with the colour choice and those pleats (haha!), if they had the Ralph Lauren logo on them I'd think they were the real 1:1 thing.
  • The belt and pouches for the accessories also look very very good to my eye (you can't see the accessories but there is a tiny accurate U-dig trowel and multi-tool tucked away in those pouches - thanks DoggieDoc).
  • I love the material chosen for the shirt, has a fantastic drape quality to it and having looked at many screen shots of the movie (comparing side by side on my screen) I'm happy with the colour too (I did really analyse this because I wondered whether it could do with being more faded but I actually think it is fine but happy to hear what everyone else thinks). Yunsil said that she decided to not use a jean material because it didn't look right in this scale so she added a washing process to get the faded look. The sew and creases on the back of the shirt are also fantastic.
So overall I think it is great and quick side by side with the Chronicle proto should make you all pretty pleased to have gone with Yunsil. That said, this is the first sample so we do have the opportunity now to offer some constructive critiques and make some changes. With that in mind, I set out below my thoughts (all on the shirt) and I would be interested to know if you agree or if you have any other thoughts:
  1. I said all on the shirt, but Yunsil forgot to include the white henley tee in the sample. I will ask again whether it can be added and the cost because I want it for the full look;
  2. the sleeves need to be rolled up higher because Grant always wore them just below the elbow. My concern is that if we rolled up the existing sleeve to get that level it would bunch too thickly at this scale. If you agree, I would like Yunsil to make the sleeves shorter so that she can put the roll in herself to the right height to create a natural look (the other option would see us each cut them to our desired length but I'd rather she did it with the sew finish to prevent unravelling);
  3. the collar is too big. I will add some photos later to show what I mean but it is messing up the balance and scale of the outfit and figure;
  4. the buttons on the shirt. At the moment they are studs but I would prefer buttons (probably unlikely in this scale) but I can ask if you agree. Also there should not be a button on the left breast pocket (don't know if Grant lost it but the outfit doesn't appear to have one in the pictures). Do you want me to ask her to remove it? Also on the buttons, I need to check with Yunsil where the snaps (I presume snaps rather magnets but can check) are because if you wished to go with the look from the latter half of the movie then you would need to have one more button 'undone' so the snaps need to allow for this;
  5. the breast pockets should not be as wide and should sit a little lower on the shirt; and
  6. where the sleeves meet the main body of the shirt at the shoulders is not quite right at the moment (almost there), but I think they should meet slightly higher up on the shoulder.

View attachment 427855

View attachment 427856

View attachment 427857

View attachment 427858
Looks fantastic!

I agree the left button needs to be removed. he either lost it or it's not pushed through the button opening but either way it IS missing. The Chronicle shirt is put together this way. if the button is missing the button opening needs to be showing, though, which is something the Chronicle prototype does NOT have correct..

I also agree that where the sleeves/arms attach should be higher up. needs to be more like mid-shoulder versus proximal arm if that makes sense.

I also agree the breast pockets need to be narrower but, importantly, should stay as long as they are.

Thanks for the feedback so far. I would like to compile everyone’s thoughts and send them on to Yunsil on Tuesday 25th August to keep up the momentum. So if you would like to add any critiques to the list or disagree with any comments I’ve made please let me know by end of Monday ideally. Thanks everyone

View attachment 427855

View attachment 427856

View attachment 427857

View attachment 427858

I know I've passed the deadline to give feedback because I haven't open the forum for a quite some time.
Honestly the shirt doesn't look good. The material is a bit too thick, remember we need to fold the sleeves up to close to the elbow, I hope it won't look too bulky. Secondly the collar size is too wide.

Back