Clothing set Jurassic Park - Dr. Alan Grant - Toribox/Yunsil [CLOSED/SHIPPING]

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The replacement arrived. All very well.
Waruma is a recognized artist and we all know that he works well.
It is not my first head from him and not will be the last. I will repeat.
The problems are normal, we are all human.
But the communication has always been good and the attitude polite and pleasant.
A pleasure to make deals with you always
thanks a lot bro. appreciate the time you taken to express these. it means a lot

Definitly in for a hat as well from striped. Btw anyone else who got the replacement having this issue where a small part of the neck is missing at the back, most likely because of the casting. My original head had this as well but there the piece broke of during the shipping. (original sculpt below). The packaging on the new one was top notch however, bubble wrapping + wooden box even. But in the end it's the cast that matters most :)
P00413-221551 (1).jpg

Attachments

• P90724-171950-orit (1).jpg
    P90724-171950-orit (1).jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 80
  • P90724-171921-orig (1).jpg
    P90724-171921-orig (1).jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 74
Hi Everyone, hope you are doing well and keeping safe during this strange time.

Tatiana at Striped Box has finished the prototype boots for Grant and I’ve copied some pictures in this thread so you can see the incredible results (these boots have been sent to Yunsil for fitting with the outfit).

Once Chronicle announced their figure I reviewed it and wanted to make sure that ours was the best possible version of the character on all levels (with Toribox, Waruna and DoggieDoc I knew we would be on clothes, sculpt and accessories) which is why I commissioned Striped Box to make a pair of boots as I knew they would be the best and unbeatable. There are many options on eBay of Timberland like boots which are passable for Grant and there is always the option to try and purchase Chronicles boots once they are parted out but for those of you who are freaks like me (haha!) and want the most accuracy as possible then I hope you will enjoy the boots created by Tatiana / Striped Box.

I went through the movie meticulously and all the behind the scenes and promotional shots that I could find to match the details of the boots. I sent this info to Tatiana who even went as far as to purchase a screen matched copy of the boots so she could match the design and colour of them. Grant’s boots become progressively more weathered as the movie progresses and I believe Tatiana will offer a weathering service.

92683012-F588-4902-96A1-17395A20B7A2.png
AC2FEB07-4C0F-42A5-98A5-23536E05C8A2.png

FCEFA9A0-6449-4AF5-8EAA-E8410A3C4E0C.png
97732664-56AE-4A96-97CB-6B3C42116FE6.png
90A2F04B-AF75-4CE6-AA98-473E9A1BBCD1.png
0EFEB6C8-25A4-4114-8AD5-C14D48C38699.png
BB8511DD-25E7-44D1-9FCB-15B522D68204.png

Tatiana will be taking orders for these boots in her own thread and I’ve copied below a link so you can find it here (I don’t think she has put up the details and pricing yet but for those who want to add their name to the list please do add a note on her thread and indicate that you are interested in the Grant 8 Inch timberlands).

https://customonesixth.com/index.ph...k-torrance-the-shining-by-striped-box.190540/

Due to some reasons, I can't continue this project.
Therefore I'm selling my yunsil spot + waruna's hs.
If anybody is interested, please PM me.
Thanks.

Those boots are absolutely amazing, but my goodness, $350-$400. Wasn't looking to spend $1000 on this figure.

Those boots are incredible.... Ly... Overpriced. Thanks but no thanks.
Are they expensive? Yes. Are they OVERPRICED? IMO no, not for the amount of work put in, the craftsmanship, the materials. I personally won't be spending that much on the boots, but they are worth every penny with regards to what went into making them.

Last edited:
Back