Kit/JonSnow by Sculptor

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine yesterday. The cast is excellent. Thanks,Rocco. Now to decide on whom I want to paint to it.

The casting is light colored on a black background and black clothing, it will look perfect painted. I gave him real world dimensions not comic head sizing.
jon-snow1.jpg

kit-harington-431.jpg

I don't have the figure in hand, so I can't try it, but propartionately it lines up with some other sculpts I have, like Rick Grimes. I always thought the Threezero head looked a little undersized. Owen did a great job reworking his, but it still seems just very slightly small, might be due to the thickness of the padding/armor though which seem to fit a little snugger IRL.

jon-snow.jpg

Kit-Harington-Jon-Snow-Game-of-Thrones-S5-EW.jpg7516ea7c26b59356f07e0a7d251a79bf.jpg

I added a bit of length to the neck which helped, and put his cloak on. Here he is with Ned. I still think it's oversized, but I'm still anxious to see it painted!

The casting is light colored on a black background and black clothing, it will look perfect painted. I gave him real world dimensions not comic head sizing.
jon-snow1.jpg

kit-harington-431.jpg

My comments were based on in hand experience, not from the pictures. I always use that background for pictures. Granted, you do have a point though with the perceptions the pictures will give because of the black background. Regardless, the cast is excellent, and I appreciate the professional job done for the base of the sculpt to insert a plug if you wanted. I've only bought maybe a dozen custom sculpts in my life, so I don't know if this is the norm now, but this is the first I've seen. The likeness is very good, as is the detail, and like I said, I'm most anxious to see it painted. Thanks. :)

Awesome, I'm glad you are liking the head sculpts! I'm trying get better with each new project. Thanks again guys for the support!

If anyone is looking for their Jon to be painted, I will be accepting some. So far I've only gotten sculpted hair requests, but I'm not opposed to doing the hairing on the bald sculpts. I haven't offered on them because I haven't exactly been doing hairing. However, I wanted to start getting into it. I know I'd make a good product, I just need to dabble some more. Anyway, if anyone is interested, here's a link to my FB page. If you like the paint, perhaps we could work together. [emoji6]

https://m.facebook.com/Terbancs-16-Scale-Paint-Customs-757326914347160/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The sculpt is definitely oversized. It may be real world sized for 1/6th, but it's much bigger than the 3Z sculpt. "Comic sizing" might've been the way to go on this. It's just too big for the body.
I thought pixelpiper gave you dimensions of the 3Z head?

If anyone is looking for their Jon to be painted, I will be accepting some. So far I've only gotten sculpted hair requests, but I'm not opposed to doing the hairing on the bald sculpts. I haven't offered on them because I haven't exactly been doing hairing. However, I wanted to start getting into it. I know I'd make a good product, I just need to dabble some more. Anyway, if anyone is interested, here's a link to my FB page. If you like the paint, perhaps we could work together. [emoji6]

https://m.facebook.com/Terbancs-16-Scale-Paint-Customs-757326914347160/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You live in Stow, Ohio? Hmm, that's not too far away from me. I might have to drive over and drop some heads off. :lol

Got my sculpt in yesterday looks amazing thanks, However first thing I thought was that it looked a little oversized compared to my other sculpts. Also one of the hairs is cracked, not sure if its something to complain about as I am sure it happens a lot also the beard is not detailed all the way on mine don't know if that's how they all are. Here are a few pics one of how good the sculpt looks 20160324_142305.jpeg and the other of the minor issue i was talking about 20160324_145710.jpeg20160324_142324.jpeg

The beard on mine has that same issue. I thought it was just me being picky, but apparently not. It's like it got sanded or dremelled down and it took a little chunk out.

I asked my mold maker, he said the hair was complicated to mold, either a little loss of detail from the underside or a chunk of hair missing from he back of his hair, he chose the lesser of two evils :( Same guy molded the Gandolfini, and Ive been getting compliments on those castings. Its just one of those things thats tough to avoid on certain pieces. I hope that doesn't detour folks from the head sculpt. Thanks guys

there is no solution for oversized head ??

Enviado desde mi SM-G7105 mediante Tapatalk

I think it's a tad big too. Looked great though so much better than threezero and tony soprano especially
Have you received yours, Ray? I assume you will be painting it yourself? Very much looking forward to that. :)

Anyway, I took some better picture with my camera. He looks better in these pics, imo. I do think with some paint the sculpt won't look as big, especially considering the all black outfit is exacerbating then size of the all white sculpt.

Last edited:
Yup fiend! I got two bald and hair so I'll try both. Hopefully start soon probably with the bald one.

I still think the head is too big too even with the cape on and especially without./ bit of a bummer but it's nice to see there is to warping to the sculpt

Back