Kit/JonSnow by Sculptor

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure you guys will find a solution to it like you guys did for oversized MJ's BW.

Sent from my Classic using Tapatalk

Have you received yours, Ray? I assume you will be painting it yourself? Very much looking forward to that. :)

Anyway, I took some better picture with my camera. He looks better in these pics, imo. I do think with some paint the sculpt won't look as big, especially considering the all black outfit is exacerbating then size of the all white sculpt.

That head is still really large. Are these things even tested before casting and shipping?

I hadn't realized initially that Rocco was given dimensions to the stock sculpt but did his own thing anyway. The more I look at it the more I realize it's unusable.

Is there any way to get this casted in a smaller scale?

Yes, pity that has not been compared before cast size.
My head is coming, but I think it will have no solution

Enviado desde mi SM-G7105 mediante Tapatalk

I think this is what everyone was talking about with a rush job and not looking for revisions.

Where is the accountability for this? Also the pic of the prints were shot deceptively to hide this issue.

12744125_1082192291832978_2087417609926176558_n.jpg

Hey Guys,
I didnt try to fool or hide anything. I worked out dimensions with PiperPixel, I personally didnt see any issues in size, I don't collect the 3Z figures so had nothing else to compare to. the close up shots I took were on my Black Beard figure, that is why its close up, I don't own a Jon Snow figure. Why would I want to upset any group of folks? How is reprinting and remolding beneficial to me?

Ok, so how many folks want a reprint? and please have a consensus on size in Millimeters, and Ill see what I can do. Thanks everyone.

I don't have the 3Z in hand either to check it but on a few bodies i have around, it looks OK (as in the print shots), maybe just VERY slightly oversized but not as out of whack as it does on the actual JS figure as Fiend showed. If anything it looks like it may have been (again VERY slightly) narrowed in the casting and the elongation might be contributing to the larger look.

The 3Z body itself may be slightly undersized but the head it came with obviously matched the proportions. Rocco seems to be a very straight-up guy to me - I've bought a bunch of great sculpts from him and he's been great to deal with - and I do not feel it was deceptive on purpose.

Thanks Comatoast, I appreciate! As I stated I don't mind reprinting if there are guys that are that upset over the head, I just need measuresmets in from the outside with of the hair. so i can adjust the file size to your liking. Ive resculpted this head 4 times when folks didnt think the likeness was right on. Im not looking to hurt anyone, just to fulfill what you guys are asking for. Thanks again.

If i had the figure, I would ship the head (or the whole thing) to you. Is anyone willing to do that to get a good reprint? I have it on order, not sure when I'm getting it yet though.

I have purchased many items from Rocco and have not had any problems. This would be the first. Making a post about Rocco intentionally deceiving everyone is ridiculous and should have never been posted. All it does is create negativity and takes away from the real issue. It is pretty obviously over-sized there is no question about it. The 3Z body is the same size as the base bodies you find all over eBay. There was some problem somewhere that made these too big. I'm not sure about what the size should be but it needs to be a bit smaller in scale. I have attached some pics to see the issue. The details and everything else about the head are amazingly well done. Thanks to Rocco for offering to take care of the issue and hopefully someone can help with the correct size.

ROCCO2.jpgROCCO.jpg

Last edited:
My 3Z head is at the painter's or else I would send mine in. I'll ask around and see if anyone else wants to volunteer theirs. Definitely want a smaller sculpt if that's an option.

Ok, we can get the sizing thing fixed, no worries, I'm going to need a few weeks for print and such. Thanks for the productive discussion guys! Let's make the best customs!

Ok, we can get the sizing thing fixed, no worries, I'm going to need a few weeks for print and such. Thanks for the productive discussion guys! Let's make the best customs!

what an awesome response and class act, can't wait to see the fixed sculpt rocco.. :)

Ok guys, check it out, if you guys are cool with these new measurements I can reprint. I've scaled to be the same size, give or take a 1/2mm, as the 3Z head.

Old measurements 48.27W x 50.30H
Screen%20Shot%202016-03-30%20at%2011.15.11%20AM_zpsctedhawc.png

New Measurements 45W x 46.89H
Screen%20Shot%202016-03-30%20at%2011.17.49%20AM_zps76zpjixz.png

great for me - thanks !

Happy to wait for my bunch of other heads for the resized Jon Snow sculpt (bald)

Back