Mad max by Sean dabbs. acsserioes wip on pg 72

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mad max by Sean dabbs. outfit complete pg 21

Yes......you.......will........
All really depends what you want out of your figures man. Great if you can bash one for $200 and love it!

Well when you love you don't count lol
But usually I keep my loved one in the dark about some prices.
I have a 2000 usd custom coming, but it's a big fricking 1/6 mech so I think I'm getting my money worth.
I think... Lol

Yeah, but do you want tom hardy mad max, or mel Gibson mad max?

Awhile ago I modified the HT terminator long slide to put a teeny tiny red LED in the laser sight part. All the wires were hidden. It looked really cool, but took about 3 hrs to complete. The materials (gun, light, wiring) cost $25. I sold one on ebay for auction for $35. So after fees and costs, my work per hr was about $1.50. My point is I understand why custom, intricate pieces are expensive. Not saying I always agree with the price, but I understand.

Yes this is a option for those who want it.

Well at least you have the choice of skipping the brace. For those who endeavor to make their own I would anticipate many hours of work. Particularly if one has no experience in metal crafting. Or if you don't even have the tools to perform the work.

I own a piece of Jons work and I own same piece that's found on eBay. HUGE difference in quality and craftsmanship. Now I don't know you, Chew, and I don't assume anything about anyone so I'm not sure if you work with tools and machining metals, but here's where I say his price isn't bad, and that's not saying it's for everyone. It's your right to say that it's over priced nonsense. But I agree that anyone can make lemonade. Whether it's the best ingredients or not, anyone can do it.

Not many people can do what Jon does. I don't know your experience with tools and materials, but can you produce his workmanship if I gave you both same tools, materials and time? If so, then a-that's awesome, and b-then you can say that his price is crap. It's the same as people who complain about Katos price on suits. His suits are top notch quality and yea, it's for a toy, but you're not gonna find better anywhere else. Same here with Jon.

Your completely entitled to your opinion and I don't wanna sway ya really. But just because it's 1/6 toy accessory doesn't mean insane amount of talent and craftsmanship didn't go into it. I personally think his stuff is extremely expensive, but extremely worth it if you can swing it. My wife and friends already know I'm out if my mind with this stuff and I know that, while niche and small as it is, when the sad day comes when I hafta resell, there will be a market who will buy at the price I paid.

Over all, it's the same reason Kato can charge $500 for a toy suit. Why Robbiethepainter can charge $180 for a belt. They make the figure more realistic and accurate. Some of us dig and find the price fair for the quality. Others think we're bat **** crazy. Different strokes for different folks.

Since I'm in the process of kitbashing my very first figure, you are right about "want it to look its best"! I'm not on a tight budget but since my money doesn't grow on trees, I'm trying my best to get the materials for the right price. Right now, my brain doesn't allow me to cough up $600 for a tiny suit but if I stay active in this forum a little longer then I believe I might get brainwashed sooner or later :hi5:

You're DEFINITELY going to drink the Kool-Ade. It's just a matter of time :)

Yeah, but do you want tom hardy mad max, or mel Gibson mad max?

Gibson any day

images

Mel was cool as **** in The Road Warrior. :rock

$200 for a 1/6 scale leg brace?? I'm sorry but that Fullmetal guy is a straight thief! Just because it's his full-time job, you can't just- nevermind..

I'm going to start selling homemade lemonade in front of my house and start charging people $50 per cup and tell them that this is my full-time job.

thief: a person who steals another person's property, especially by stealth and without using force or violence.

craftsman: A craftsman' or artisan is a skilled manual worker who makes items that may be functional or strictly decorative.

Sorry sir, but I don't see any relevance from a "thief" to a "craftsman" :dunno
Also, if I am a thief, I am the only thief that works 12-16 hours a day, 7 days a week to steal......

Thank you thank you so much for the members here who vouched for me... We really appreciate it :wink1:

Obviously you haven't seen his work. Do you know how many hours goes into some of his artwork? Plus just because you don't want to pay that amount what gives you the right to humiliate him like this. OMG we are not talking about some Barbie and Ken toys here..he makes REAL items that actually work but are just in miniature size. I think you owe him an apology!! Obviously you must have known how remarkable his work is or you wouldn't have even considered it but just because he can't give it away for what you want to pay doesn't mean it's not worth it. Make you own piece and see how easy it is!!! People kill me the way they want an item to look perfect, work perfect and be the spotlight of their display but they don't want to pay for it. You ever hear the saying "you get what you pay for"..well, with Jon you get above and beyond what you pay for. I think what pisses people off is they know they can't buy his kind of work anywhere else but they know they want it so if they don't want to pay for this custom item it's easier to bad mouth the artist rather then simply say "his work is amazing but I can't afford it at this time"...I'd love to own a Mercedes but I can't afford one so I'm not going to call them crooks... I will just wish I had one and go on!

If i had the money i would get Jon to make every single item in my collection just because he always puts 101% effort in to his works and you know it will be perfect.

I haven't been able to afford many of his items in recent months but there is no need to be angry at him about this :dunno

Ready to pay a soon as you send your info.

Any updates about rest of the items? The shoulder pad? The dog?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ready to pay a soon as you send your info.

Any updates about rest of the items? The shoulder pad? The dog?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend is a bit of a perfectionist and wasn't happy with
the dogs face, so she started over. I hope to have pictures
for everyone's input in the next few weeks.

She really wants to knock this out of the park and is confident she
can really bring the character of the dog to life.

I did a Max bash a couple of years back, the leg brace it just really cheaply put together, looks ok but it doesn't function.
I never envisaged someone actually making a 1.6 scale working leg brace but it just shows how much this hobby has progressed in recent years.

DSCF2942_zps0c768c5e.jpg

DSCF2943_zpsdf69df70.jpg

Maybe its time to upgrade him. :exactly:

Mods can you clean this up?

Chew, this thread is not for what you're doing. Please take it to Jon's or David thread
if you're so worked up about it their prices. We're not kissing ass and not all of us are getting Fullmetal's brace.
So please take it elsewhere so we can focus on the project as a whole and not take
up a lot of space on something that won't help the project.

Thanks

Not involved with this project but this may help our good friend chewblock with his ignorance. Not 1/6, but same deal.

[video=youtube;WeNxKtX-I_U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeNxKtX-I_U[/video]

My bad sir, I meant to say you are a con artist, not a thief. . .Before that happens, I suggest you get a different job instead of overcharging people :wink1:
This is a forum where people buy high end customs, that often cost a premium due to the craftsmanship. The artist can ask whatever they choose, and it's not appropriate to run them down for it here. No one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to buy anything, and you aren't entitled to get something for less than an artist offers it up for.

Back