Mad max by Sean dabbs. acsserioes wip on pg 72

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mad max by Sean dabbs. outfit complete pg 21

Did anyone ever outline total estimated costs for all this--outfit, sculpt, brace, and other accessories? I'm wondering if this is going to be a bit higher than I'm willing to pay when all is said and done. I couldn't justify Velvet Morning's for cost, and his was around $650 I think for all that stuff, particularly considering the body and head painting would be added on top of all that.

You will prolly get the same amount.
The legbrace alone will be in the 200$ price range. You have to add the accessories, outfit, body, painted head etc...

But some of us can make parts of this figure, so you don't have to get everything.
As I understand the thread, you are only required to get the head and base outfit.
Or at least, the outfit will only be offered to people that get the head. Which pretty
much means the same thing...:lol

I intend to do the brace myself out of aluminum plate and of course I have
my friend working the Dog that anyone can get if they wish. I hope to
have WIP pictures soon on that.

Well I just got the jacket only since I already had a suitable pants. But mine is even thighter than that.

Here's how it looks like with leather boots.

IMG_0166_zps34489986.jpg

What body, brand did you use? Those veins in his arm look cool.

But some of us can make parts of this figure, so you don't have to get everything.
As I understand the thread, you are only required to get the head and base outfit.
Or at least, the outfit will only be offered to people that get the head. Which pretty
much means the same thing...:lol

I intend to do the brace myself out of aluminum plate and of course I have
my friend working the Dog that anyone can get if they wish. I hope to
have WIP pictures soon on that.

Agreed i know Sean will offer the accessories made from resin so that's a cheaper option for parts. I know time travler aka Gustavo can make the belt and his leather work is awesome at a good price he made Elviss belt. So theirs cheaper options out their. Also I'm trying to space the payments so u don't have to drop 600-700 at once.

What body, brand did you use? Those veins in his arm look cool.

I used a TTM19

Agreed i know Sean will offer the accessories made from resin so that's a cheaper option for parts. I know time travler aka Gustavo can make the belt and his leather work is awesome at a good price he made Elviss belt. So theirs cheaper options out their. Also I'm trying to space the payments so u don't have to drop 600-700 at once.

Gustavo only made the two back pouches for me. The belt was a brown belt sourced on ebay and repainted black. The leather straps on the shoulder is made out of leather.

Holster was also made from scratch.

A little detail that is hard to see and can be missed is that the buckle on his main belt should be copper and not silver.

I used a TTM19

Gustavo only made the two back pouches for me. The belt was a brown belt sourced on ebay and repainted black. The leather straps on the shoulder is made out of leather.

A little detail that is hard to see and can be missed is that the buckle on his main belt should be copper and not silver.

Looks good.

You can get a belt just like that in real leather from Newline. I've bought a few, just waiting for them to arrive.

I used a TTM19

Thanks seb for explaining this your always a major help.

Yeah, thanks Seb for the info, it is always welcomed.

By the way, I bought several sawed off shotguns, dont know if I will go for the real one from fullmetal. I will try to take more photos from different sides and paint all of them. The ones at the bottom are the smallest one, they are from Hot Toys Alice, quite small for Max. I repainted one of them as you can see giving them wood effect with oil painting (it took two weeks to get fully dry). Willl try the same with the others. The one at the top has a black line crossing the grip next to the trigger but looks too big for me.

image_4.jpeg

image_5.jpeg

In order from top to bottom or left to right in second photo.

Law Enforcer variant from Toys Land
Stoeger Coach sawed off shotgun from ¿SIDESHOW?
UNKNOWN (it is the one Seb is using in his last Max)
Alice Shotgun custom repaint - Hot Toys
Alice Shotgun - Hot Toys

Ok final price on the outfit will be $320.00 see below for shipping

$325.00 shipping included in the U.s.a
$330.00 shipping included to the international

Shoulder pad
Jacket
Pants
Black t-shirt sleeveless for better movement.

I will send everyone on the list my paypal info this weekend to get production rolling on the outfit with geewizz.

$200 for a 1/6 scale leg brace?? I'm sorry but that Fullmetal guy is a straight thief! Just because it's his full-time job, you can't just- nevermind..
I'm going to start selling homemade lemonade in front of my house and start charging people $50 per cup and tell them that this is my full-time job.
Oh, that is a nice statement. That is the guesstimated price. More people will buy, the cheaper it is. I have sold a lot of his things on this forum. Although his items are pricey, they have all commented on the great product he produces. Enough said...

Velvet Morning:
Option A: Full figure set $900.
Option B: Full figure set + 2nd head $1050.
Option C: Full figure set + the dog $1140
DX version I think it was $1,290.
Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:

No need to bash Jon like that.

So i'm a graphic designer and I work in advertising. My tarif is 70USD an hour. Which in advertising isn't expensive.

So a 200$ legbrace doesn't seem that much expensive considering the time that takes to make one.

Jon probably spend a few hours only on one piece. And 1/6 makes no difference than a 1/1 piece. Building things in 1/6 sometimes take as much time if not more than building a 1/1 piece.

It takes talent to do that. Making homemade lemonade doesn't require any talent at all.

This is just my two cents.

No need to bash Jon like that.

So i'm a graphic designer and I work in advertising. My tarif is 70USD an hour. Which in advertising isn't expensive.

So a 200$ legbrace doesn't seem that much expensive considering the time that takes to make one.

Jon probably spend a few hours only on one piece. And 1/6 makes no difference than a 1/1 piece. Building things in 1/6 sometimes take as much time if not more than building a 1/1 piece.

It takes talent to do that. Making homemade lemonade doesn't require any talent at all.

This is just my two cents.

Yes I agree, A one man band operation is totally different from a large company like Hot Toys. If this is a really well made quality 1.6 leg brace then you would expect to pay this sort of money, for what is in effect a custom made piece of art.
It must take him some time just to make one.

Thank you elivs1976 and shells075! You get it, but he does not.

It is not plain and simple as you might think. Cut and put it together. Headscuplt are comparatively easy. Make the head (this may take 10s of hours) and mold and then crank them out using that mold. Jon has to make every piece by hand. First he must make a plan. Like in architecture. How long each piece should be and formulate it to a plan. Next he has to cut the pieces. File it. Drill holes. Put gommets in the holes. Put the leather on. And when he is finally finished, to weather them. There are a ton of factors. It is trial and error. There is no blue print for the brace. For every piece he makes, he has probably failed 5 times on average.

And the Caddy he is working on for a client...the client has paid thousands of dollars for it. And that is only the deposit.

Now you might have a day job, but think about it. 20 hours of work for a project and all you get pay was $50. How does he pay his rent? Feed his kids? Keep electricity on?

I know your a newbie to this forum, but let's be more civilized and refrain from such comments when you don't know all the facts.

I'm not even going to comment on your rate as a graphic designer

Why not because you think it's too expensive?
I work as a graphic designer since 15 years. I'm paid that price cause I have some experience.
Same with figures I guess you pay the price to get soemthing of quality made simple as that.

But you don't seem to get it i guess. And no need to sound agressive like you are.

And also about your lemonade.

I can tell you I would see the difference if you put together a legbrace and if jon put together one.

I don't get why you're so pissed off. Nobody obliged you to buy one.
Have a littel respect please.

The work he delivers is second to none and with great attention to details. That is what people are paying.

$200 for a 1/6 scale leg brace?? I'm sorry but that Fullmetal guy is a straight thief! Just because it's his full-time job, you can't just- nevermind..

I'm going to start selling homemade lemonade in front of my house and start charging people $50 per cup and tell them that this is my full-time job.

Bro theirs no guarantee it will be that much that's just a estimate. Do u have any involvement in this project, last time I checked your not on the list, so please stay out of my thread and keep your comments to yourself. Can't stand when people start crap in threads they have nothing to do with, and nobody's being forced to buy anything, their are cheaper options out their if u can do things yourself.

Can you buy the figure without the brace?

Chewblock, if you owned any of Jon's work you would not say that. The detail and quality of these pieces that he produces are amazing. $200 for a leg brace made by Jon is a VERY good deal considering the result. This hobby can get very expensive as you may find out. If it's not for you, it's not for you... But when you build up a custom using the best quality and most accurate bits you can find, the end result speaks for it's self compared to a cheap $200 bash you may attempt. There is NO comparison.

I also charge $70 an hour for graphic design work Seb!:wave

Agree some prices here are well just ridiculous.
But it's the same as with HT, prices soar but people keep buying.
Why sell at 100% if you can do 150%.
Sometimes the craftsmanship and artistry justify the price sometimes it's not.
I'm too baffled by people are willing to pay but hey If there is demand there will be offers.

Btw beautiful project, since I have no customizing skills I will end up spending velvet morning full figure prices to get it done I've decided to not get on the full custom figures wagon anymore. seeing all the mad being done now I'm hoping some company down the line will release a full figure :)

Last edited:

Yeah, wait until you justify paying $600 for a tiny suit :lol:lol:lol

Don't worry, you'll get there if you stay with this hobby...:rotfl
Most of my bashes cost more than $700 easy. But I want the best I can get my hands on. If I am going to look at the figure, I want it to look its best...

Back