Mad max by Sean dabbs. acsserioes wip on pg 72

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mad max by Sean dabbs and geewizz customs and leg brace by full metal! Deposit du

neckless please

Re: Mad max by Sean dabbs and geewizz customs and leg brace by full metal! Deposit du

Ok, we all agree, next step....:)

nothinghere.jpg

Re: Mad max by Sean dabbs. First wip pic. Pg 19

Here is the first wip from Sean it will be Neckless in the final sculpt. Let me know what u think I think it's pretty good start.

Re: Mad max by Sean dabbs. First mad max wip pic. Pg 19

Looks good so far. :clap

But we'll need all angles to really be able to tell for sure.

Re: Mad max by Sean dabbs. First wip pic. Pg 19

Here is the first wip from Sean it will be Neckless in the final sculpt. Let me know what u think I think it's pretty good start.

It looks nice, dont know what but there is something strange. I want to compare it to pics in detail. We need more pics from different angles.

Smaller nose and ears and maybe not too large face? Hair should be mmore messy

Mad-max_2594615b.jpg

cheers for the feedback - still early days :)

I've been searching for the ultimate "Max" head for over 25 years and sadly nobody has EVER been able to nail Mel from either Mad Max or The Road Warrior! I had an opportunity to speak with one of the master artisans at Weta and he talked about Mel having perfect facial symmetry and that's why he is so hard to replicate. IDM Customs did a great job with their Martin Riggs from Lethal Weapon 2 but still no one has nailed Mel from Mad Max 2. I have every faith that you WILL be the guy Sean (no pressure!) but when I showed your first pass to the other critics in the house (my wife and daughter) they both immediately went "no" so you have some work ahead of you. I too think your a way off but have happily paid my deposit and look forward to you proving us all wrong! Get Mel right and you will have a customer in me for life!

1964505_10202417904106098_2109278277_n.jpg
Here's a pic (sorry about the small size) of a Max head from about 6-7 years ago done by a guy called Antony Baker (could never find him sadly ~ has anyone on this board heard of him/know him?) but I personally reckon he's come closest IMO to capturing Mel from The Road Warrior. 85-90% close I reckon. What do you think Sean?

I just wanna add that, at least for me, there is absolutely no rush on this as this one I'd like to have absolutely perfect. I'd rather it take a freakin' year to nail it perfect and have the ultimate Max then have it done in three weeks or two months or whatever and have it come out just meh or ok. Just my $.02

I'm totally with you Jbeltram4! Too many times have I seen/heard that someone is doing the "Ultimate" Max only to have them deliver something that sadly has always been IMO well below par. I honestly will be surprised if Sean can nail Mel (I truly hope he does) as it seems to be a tall order for even the most gifted of artists.

Pardon my ignorance marlindesign but what is/was Velvet Mornings? Thanks!

Thank you very much marlindesign! Missed this project somehow!??? Any others I'm missing??? Great work but again Mel still not spot on but this would have to be the best I've seen attempted to this point. I studied all the pics and agree that in some there is most definitely glimpses of Mel (distant pics) but this is somewhat lost when looking at the close up pics. Please don't think for one second that I'm being disrespectful of Sean/Scott's work (both very, very talented artists in their own right ~ can only dream to have 10% of their skills) but having collected on Mad Max since the early 80's I'll absolutely know IMO when someone does nail Mel in that role!. I think the costume & accessories etc look great too! So, much respect to Scott and Sean and Sean I eagerly a
wait to see where you end up with your Max interpretation.

Have faith this is a very early wip pic I wasn't going to post it but I just want people to know that their is progress on this. So have faith and I'll update soon once Sean sends me more pics.

Thanks Luis

In sean we trust :lecture:wink1:

there is a lot of love for Mad Max here and I want to do him justice :)

Back