Mad max by Sean dabbs. acsserioes wip on pg 72

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mad max by Sean dabbs and geewizz customs and leg brace by full metal! Deposit du

So I'm trying to put the dog into scale for my sculptor.

I have 2.75H x 3.0L x 1.25-1.50W (in inches) Does that sound about right?

Hard to tell from the movie sometimes. The dog is either in the background, close-up or the
shot is at a strange angle. Please, anyone chime in if you think my measurements are off or on or whatever.

Also, would people like the dog to have a moving jaw? Or maybe be able to turn the head?

Thanks

Ike

Re: Mad max by Sean dabbs and geewizz customs and leg brace by full metal! Deposit du

You are right it's hard to tell the dogs size. Wish I could help but trial and error might be our best bet on this.

Moving jaw?turn head?

I am impressed!! Thats great.

Cant tell you about the size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The measurements are in the post. That would be my best guess when comparing it to Velvet's dog size.

When it's straight forward I can convert it pretty well. By a dog that's never really seen at the perfect angle
in the film to gauge its size against Mel's. So I was asking for input on size from anyone.

I think the turning or rotating head would give it more personality and just have it
with a slightly open mouth that doesn't move. But that's just me. So I was asking
which one people might prefer.

As for scale, yea I have no clue. Just watched film other day and that's a tough one to figure out as long he's not huge or chiwahwah size we'll be ok. As for rotating head, ****** YEA! That's awesome lol!! Seriously, this is gonna be an awesome piece when alls said and done :)

I'd say we should ask Jon to make the Interceptor, but that would probably cost as much as a few mortgage payments on my house ;)
(It'd totally be worth it, but the ensuing divorce, not so much...)

I'd say we should ask Jon to make the Interceptor, but that would probably cost as much as a few mortgage payments on my house ;)
(It'd totally be worth it, but the ensuing divorce, not so much...)
Right you are! The Caddy from BB is costing a fortune for the guy who bought it! I am talking about several thousands of dollars! Not just a couple, but several couples! With that being said, we have only 1 order for the Caddy. If there are several seriously interested (I am talking about over $8000 each and it doesn't even include the postage which unto itself should cost around $800!) parties here...maybe I can persuade him to make one. But honestly, he does not want to do another vehicle because they are so hard to make. The cost will go down if he makes like 5 or more, but not by much. Let's say about 10% to 15% down. Which has little impact on the price when the price is $8000. Way too much for 99.999999% of collectors.:lol

Do the clients want all doors to open, trunk & hood to open, an engine, wheels turn, under side detailed, interiors detailed...there are a variety of options that add to the cost of this. Originally, the Caddy doors weren't suppose to open and interior plain...but I told the person the driver's side door must open, and all other doors are stationary. The interior, especially the dashboard has to made. He agreed with me. Just these two factors cost him probably over $2000. Jon has been working on the Caddy, on and off, for 4 months now. That is why he does not want to do another car.

Last edited:

That is an absolutely an insane amount to throw on a Caddy you can't drive lol!! I tell ya tho, if there's someone to make it, it's Jon :)

If I could toss those kind of duckets around, I'd easily have him putting the Interceptor together. It's one thing to see pictures, but when you actually hold one of his pieces in your hand, you know where your money went.

For now, I'll just settle on accessories for my figures. As soon as I win the Mega Millions, though, you'll be one of the first to know Dave(and even then, my wife would still kill me hahahhahaha).

For now, I'll just settle on accessories for my figures. As soon as I win the Mega Millions, though, you'll be one of the first to know Dave(and even then, my wife would still kill me hahahhahaha).
:rotfl

Okay, I got my friend, who is sculpting the dog to sign up on here. She's very excited about the
opportunity to sculpt in this scale. She is very detail driven and thinks she can really bring the
character of dog to life.

She has started on it and I hope to have pictures in the next week or two that I can post for her.

V
Okay, I got my friend, who is sculpting the dog to sign up on here. She's very excited about the
opportunity to sculpt in this scale. She is very detail driven and thinks she can really bring the
character of dog to life.

She has started on it and I hope to have pictures in the next week or two that I can post for her.
Awesome bro can't wait to see it. I hope to see the head sculpt pretty soon. Sean is working on it.

hey guys - neck or no neck?

Mad max by Sean dabbs and geewizz customs and leg brace by full metal! Deposi...

No neck for me. Muscular body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

very cool! to go with the fig perhaps - Candykiller ?

No neck Sean

no neck for me

I can't imagine many modern collectors would want a neck for this guy. Gots to use a muscle body.

Indeed, no neck please!

Back