Mad max by Sean dabbs. acsserioes wip on pg 72

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mad max by Sean dabbs. outfit payment due,legbrace wip,pg31,new head sculpt wip p

payment sent 85 for one regular Max head

Re: Mad max by Sean dabbs. outfit payment due,legbrace wip,pg31,new head sculpt wip p

Thank you very much all for notifying me! It is greatly appreciate. If there are any problem, just PM me and I will do the very best to remedy the situation, as Jon stands by on all his work. Thank you all so much!

Received:
Gruff Old Bear
JeffTVR
kam veitch
elvis1976
Jbeltram4
Mightyq
Rahmier84
marlindesign
Azon4reel
Jeronimo
lt0778
kingbumble

Last edited:

How is it that I'm always missing threads like this for my favorite characters? And this one done by one of my favorite artists! :gah:

Max looks incredible, Sean.

well done.

Counting the days to get the outfit the heads and then if we get a preview of the items/extras. Lets sit, this is going to take a long time!

Just got my leg brace from full metal and let me say money well spent. I don't ever wanna here johns work is crap until U own a piece of his art u have no idea what kind of quality u are getting until U own it. So glad John has done this for us. Many thanks.

Also I got the prototype outfit for my max as well and geewizz customs did a amazing job on the outfit as well U will not be disappointed once U finally get yours. I will contact geewizz to get a status update on the outfit this week.

I don't have them on a figure yet but I'll post pics later when I get a chance.

The scarf would cover the seams like this. Of course it's real cloth.
But you get the picture...:)

The neck is being thinned down a bit like this or else it would be a little to big for the body.

rwdogrv2a_zpse2e1feb7.jpg

Still a bit more detail has to go into the dog as a whole, but were getting closer.
The is the final tail position we decided to go with. Note the tail has no detail yet.
Just there for positioning. What do you think of the stance?

Any updates on the dog? The head does not seem a bit big or that body?

We should get a comparison next to Max or a 1/6 body to see if th size is correct.

I am loving it.

She's re-working the head, so it's more in that lower attack stance.
The neck would be more straight out with the head looking up a bit.

Should have some final pictures in the next few weeks, as she was out
of town for the holidays.

Thanks for the update. If she doesnt read us often, tell her its a superb job, and thank you both of you for giving us the chance to have the dog!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji106][emoji482][emoji482]

Here's a mock-up of the final changes on the dog.
This is to bring the head more to scale and give
it a more natural look.

She's thinning out the jawline more and bringing
the head closer to the body. This gives it a thicker neck
like the real dog had. So the black gap is what will
be taken out to bring the head closer to the body.

The height looks spot on and I think we're almost there.
I posed it next to a figure on a HT DX stand. It fits nicely.

P11502482_zps0cfd9069.jpg

What do you think?

Here's a mock-up of the final changes on the dog.
This is to bring the head more to scale and give
it a more natural look.

She's thinning out the jawline more and bringing
the head closer to the body. This gives it a thicker neck
like the real dog had. So the black gap is what will
be taken out to bring the head closer to the body.

The height looks spot on and I think we're almost there.
I posed it next to a figure on a HT DX stand. It fits nicely.

P11502482_zps0cfd9069.jpg

What do you think?

There are not good pics of the dog in the movie to compare. I think the proto it is looking much much better than the last time. The strange area is the neck, hope after shortening we get that right.

The dog is amazing, even if its not ultrascreen-acurate.

In this video I think the dog heights up to Maxs knee. What do you think? And we can see his back is more bulky and is a bit more up and the tail falling from there.

0:51

[video=youtube;ys_1tXNdCKo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys_1tXNdCKo[/video]

Quite happy with the progress!!!

There are not good pics of the dog in the movie to compare. I think the proto it is looking much much better than the last time. The strange area is the neck, hope after shortening we get that right.

The dog is amazing, even if its not ultrascreen-acurate.

In this video I think the dog heights up to Maxs knee. What do you think? And we can see his back is more bulky and is a bit more up and the tail falling from there.

0:51

Quite happy with the progress!!!

Yeah, I looked from several different shots in the film on height.
I found in shots that were actually at or close to a straight on view, the height
was just below the knee on most, with the ears and tail being at the knee
or slightly above.

The stance is an alert or a ready to herd stance, so in a lot of the
pictures/video's I saw of the this type of dog, have the tail up or straight out when
they herd or are about to. So that's what I was aiming for. I think a little more bend
or curve upwards might be the most realistic. What do you think?

[video=youtube;oKNWWet3Ec0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKNWWet3Ec0[/video]

@ Sean: any news on the head? When do you think we will see the first print

any updates on accessories

Back