Head sculpture "My Indy" by WW - Closed

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello guys, a happy new year to you.

I wanted to know what you recommend for an indy raiders with leather jacket "head with neck or without neck"? Thanks

Attachments

• received_130916656760306.jpeg
    received_130916656760306.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 0
That's great. So what body will you be using/testing for the necked head?
Curious about this too.
All you guys are also buying a necked version though too, right? What body are you using for that one?
Pending any test bodies, I’m considering a DamToys necked body since the rubber is easy enough to cut through to fit the sculpt. They’re also fairly cheap and close enough to Ford’s physique so you can’t go wrong.

I'm not sure I understand. Sounds like you and someone else here are planning to cut a "canal" for the strip that comes down off the neck to fit into the body's rubber torso... is that right? Like a puzzle piece? It that's true, then you've just locked the sculpted head and neck in place.

If you mean just cutting the neck away entirely, then is that sliver of chest connected to Waruna's neck going to be outside of the remaining rubber torso on the chest? That will not look good -- the shirt will give away that extra 'torso' bulge underneath.

I must be imagining this wrong...?

Did Waruna's Han also come with this extended bit of chest?

I'm not sure I understand. Sounds like you and someone else here are planning to cut a "canal" for the strip that comes down off the neck to fit into the body's rubber torso... is that right? Like a puzzle piece? It that's true, then you've just locked the sculpted head and neck in place.

If you mean just cutting the neck away entirely, then is that sliver of chest connected to Waruna's neck going to be outside of the remaining rubber torso on the chest? That will not look good -- the shirt will give away that extra 'torso' bulge underneath.

I must be imagining this wrong...?

Did Waruna's Han also come with this extended bit of chest?
This is why I believe the neck/chest needs to be larger. Coming down farther and also covering the majority or the collar done area where the shirt is open. Otherwise it will look goofy and or we will be forced to display him with his shirt closed more than normal.

My plan or the way I'm envisioning it is we remove the stock rubber chest and replace it with a full Sculpt/Neck/Chest piece. But then we need a larger neck/chest to make this work

That's what my plan would be too, or even just using a good old KO body. Perhaps I don't intend to have my Indy's shirt as open as yours -- not using this for Cairo Indy or ToD Indy.

Even if you remove the stock rubber chest, you still have the harder ABS plastic internals underneath, the torso portion that holds the shoulders and ab section together. I'm just as confused as anyone else. I don't see how the necked sculpt could fit on any body.

Even if you used something like the World Box body that is solid PVC, how are you going to cut it precisely to make it fit the sculpt? I suppose you could dremel it away, but even still that's going to be really tough.

I've seen similar necked/chested sculpts on Instagram, I've just never seen how anyone uses them on a body. Perhaps they're just collecting the sculpt as 'art pieces' and never use them on a body.

Curious about this too.

Pending any test bodies, I’m considering a DamToys necked body since the rubber is easy enough to cut through to fit the sculpt. They’re also fairly cheap and close enough to Ford’s physique so you can’t go wrong.
This is my basic plan, cut a rubber torso so the sculpt and neck fit roughly like a puzzle piece but with maybe a few degrees on either side for some movement side to side. The remaining torso is just there to fill out the shoulders/back/front part of chest, etc.

The goal of the neck piece is obviously to eliminate the unsightly seam where the head meets the neck (and eliminates paint matching a head to a body), but obviously there's a huge trade off in terms of articulation, reducing it to almost nothing potentially depending on how one approaches the mod. Pretty sure most people getting the necked version of the sculpt are accepting of that tradeoff otherwise they would simply get the no-neck version.

As for the size of the chest, maybe Waruna just needs a HT shirt in order to test out the chest piece size currently shown to be sure that we're at least getting enough chest exposed for a typical Indy shirt opening.

The shirts I've used recently don't have that much exposed (YMA/Mike Yuan on left and Yunsil on right) so I feel like the current neck would be fine for me, but I'm sure a bit more wouldn't hurt since other people might be exposing a bit more.

85FEA1C0-F31B-4E11-B179-EDC6308139BB.jpeg

These types of DAM bodies have really soft rubber chests. JX S01 does as well, should be really easy to trim away the amount not needed.

body.jpeg

Last edited:
My plan or the way I'm envisioning it is we remove the stock rubber chest and replace it with a full Sculpt/Neck/Chest piece. But then we need a larger neck/chest to make this work
Those rubber chest pieces are pretty thin and variable from body to body. A 3D-printed version of that might be pretty fragile, also you often have to run the arms through the chest pieces with some force and cut the sides of those rubber pieces to work with most bodies, unless you removed the arms first.

Do you have pictures from when you were testing the Andrea sculpt/chest piece? Curious what you learned there

Those rubber chest pieces are pretty thin and variable from body to body. A 3D-printed version of that might be pretty fragile, also you often have to run the arms through the chest pieces with some force and cut the sides of those rubber pieces to work with most bodies, unless you removed the arms first.

Do you have pictures from when you were testing the Andrea sculpt/chest piece? Curious what you learned there
Even if you remove the stock rubber chest, you still have the harder ABS plastic internals underneath, the torso portion that holds the shoulders and ab section together. I'm just as confused as anyone else. I don't see how the necked sculpt could fit on any body.

Even if you used something like the World Box body that is solid PVC, how are you going to cut it precisely to make it fit the sculpt? I suppose you could dremel it away, but even still that's going to be really tough.

I've seen similar necked/chested sculpts on Instagram, I've just never seen how anyone uses them on a body. Perhaps they're just collecting the sculpt as 'art pieces' and never use them on a body.

This was the test fitting for the Proto I received from Andrea when we were getting the measurements fitted. What I did as I mentioned above is just removed the stock rubber piece. And kept the "neck peg/socket" in place and it ran up into a hole into the neck/head to keep in place.

Note the final sculpt was smaller to scale and the chest piece wasn't as thick. I don't have the final to show at the moment because it's with the painter. But these pics show how this can and will work.

Screenshot_20240121_172700_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240121_172712_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240121_172729_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240121_172747_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240121_172754_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20240121_172808_Gallery.jpg

I guess the bigger it gets the more some side-to-side articulation veers to zero, though I wasn't expecting much so happy to go with whatever others agree is best.

Obviously want some margins on the sides/bottom, but it seems like the current version essentially would achieve the same thing visually.

B6D8EC6A-B102-4597-B3D6-F0BA231EC354.jpeg

That torso piece really needs to be made of rubber and super-thin to even work without giving Indy the expected slumping shoulders.

On the plus side, Waruna's does not have the traps to worry about. On the con side, what's there doesn't show much chest (if that's what you want.

I think if an open shirt is what you want, like Cairo Indy, then stick to the HT ANH Solo body (or the like) and get a neckless Waruna head.

Burdening the sculpt with a fixed chest piece that doesn't really give you any gain may just be wishful thinking.

The goal of the neck piece is obviously to eliminate the unsightly seam where the head meets the neck (and eliminates paint matching a head to a body), but obviously there's a huge trade off in terms of articulation, reducing it to almost nothing potentially depending on how one approaches the mod. Pretty sure most people getting the necked version of the sculpt are accepting of that tradeoff otherwise they would simply get the no-neck version.
This is exactly what it comes down to for me. I used to favor articulation over aesthetic but I’ve come around to the seamless look in terms of no gaps and matching paint.
For an example, the only sculpt I currently have with a sculpted neck/chest is the LY Daryl Dixon. Here’s how I have the sculpt attached over the DAM rubber chest:
IMG_5684.jpeg

Obviously you can only have the shirt open so much (as with this Indy) but there’s still enough clearance to work a generous amount of articulation if you wanted to mess with it:
IMG_5685.jpeg

IMG_5688.jpeg

For Indy it’s not even a big deal because I don’t see myself posing the figure where it isn’t looking forward, so the sculpted neck works well for me.

Last edited:
Back