Head sculpture "My Indy" by WW - Closed

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That torso piece really needs to be made of rubber and super-thin to even work without giving Indy the expected slumping shoulders.

On the plus side, Waruna's does not have the traps to worry about. On the con side, what's there doesn't show much chest (if that's what you want.

I think if an open shirt is what you want, like Cairo Indy, then stick to the HT ANH Solo body (or the like) and get a neckless Waruna head.

Burdening the sculpt with a fixed chest piece that doesn't really give you any gain may just be wishful thinking.
I might have to bow out of this if that's the case. I like to have my Indy displayed more with a more open shirt like Cairo or TOD and less TLC. Was hoping this one was going to be the one to hit all the marks.

Honestly though, if people want articulation I think that's what the neckless version is there for. The seemless look is more geared towards a museum display IMO.

This is exactly what it comes down to for me. I used to favor articulation over aesthetic but I’ve come around to the seamless look in terms of no gaps and matching paint.
For an example, the only sculpt I currently have with a sculpted neck/chest is the LY Daryl Dixon. Here’s how I have the sculpt attached over the DAM rubber chest:
View attachment 469450
Obviously you can only have the shirt open so much (as with this Indy) but there’s still enough clearance to work a generous amount of articulation if you wanted to mess with it:
View attachment 469451
View attachment 469453
For Indy it’s not even a big deal because I don’t see myself posing the figure where it isn’t looking forward, so the sculpted neck works well for me.

Exactly

Am back brothers and sisters. Back from the hospital episode. PO closes on 31st Jan. Thanks.

IMG_7129.jpeg

IMG_7130.jpeg
IMG_7131.png

IMG_7133.jpeg

That looks very nice, will solve the open shirt problem.

I'd love to see a test print of that on a figure first to see how the partial traps will effect the slope of the shoulders before considering changing my order.

So new offerings will be as follows, (There will be no price additions to the new unpainted versions except the painted options)

Unpainted:

1. My Indy neckless with hat - $230 (shipping and PayPal fees not included)
2. My Indy head/ chest all in one - $250 (shipping and PayPal fees not included)
3. My Indy head/ chest piece Sepertaed - $250 (shipping and PayPal fees not included)

Painted:

1. My Indy neckless with hat - $380 (shipping and PayPal fees not included)
2. My Indy My Indy head/ chest all in one - $420 (shipping and PayPal fees not included)
3. My Indy head/ chest piece seperated with hat - $420 (shipping and PayPal fees not included)

Deposit sent for a second seamless neck and chest option Indy sculpt bringing the total to:
x1 neckless sculpt unpainted
x1 chest neck and head seamless option unpainted

Thanks Waruna!

wow! this is a brilliant solution!! a ball joint?!? amazing!! i am all in for the new ball joint!! really curious about how the head stays on… and the mobility of it… but it’s a VERY exciting option!!

The sloped traps look like they may create too droopy shoulders. Have you tried putting a shirt or jacket on that arrangement to see how it reads dressed? Might be helpful as the traps may need to be lowered/straighten a bit possibly.

The sloped traps look like they may create too droopy shoulders. Have you tried putting a shirt or jacket on that arrangement to see how it reads dressed? Might be helpful as the traps may need to be lowered/straighten a bit possibly.

Actually I dont have the cloths with me. also the neck and the traps done to match Harrisons physique, also the sitting on the body will be bit higher once the internals worked on.

1706492690320.png

Here's a visual example of what I'm concerned with. Using Cellar Toys photos that he posted earlier (hope you don't mind Cellar Toys), you can see how the thicker collars of the 1/6th shirt and jacket pile up on the sculpt's traps to exaggerate the slope of the shoulder.

Rzeznikk Andreas sculpt shoulder slope 1-28-24  (2).jpg

Just because the proportions are correct on the body, doesn't mean they read that way once dressed. You must over-compensate for the collars. I'm sure all of you reading have seen a bare figure with an apparently long neck that, once dressed, looks normal.

Last edited:
Back