Clothing set [On mass produce] Flowerpot-Killer outfits by TORIBOX

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To circle back on the hat one more time, with apologies but full respect to Shumi and Yunsil, I felt compelled to share with the group what I managed to accomplish with the Kumik Leon hat. Apologies also that this is not the Shumi/Beastmaster head if I had it I would show the hat on that head also.

It shows essentially it IS possible get a good looking hat in this scale (matching the 1/4 one we all like shown on the bottom) but it does take work.

What I essentially did is very tightly roll the bottom of the hat upward to create the lip and secured it with dabs of glue. I then painted the hat with acrylic gray to get it the right color and while it was still a bit damp I put it on the head snd let it dry so it formed a perfect shape to his head.

I have no idea if its possible to do this to the Yunsil one too. I will try when I get it. hers looks to be a bit thicker than the kumik.

Sadly it looks like the Kumik hat/head combo has dried up on eBay also. I got this a couple years ago for like 30 bucks knowing it was still the best stock Leon hat I've seen (despite it being not perfect) and still have the crappy head that goes with it.

It bothers me that the ribbing material pattern swoops to the left but otherwise I can very much be happy with this. Struggling with damn Leon hats on my figures for over 12 years, this is the closest I have gotten to being happy with one. It's RIGHT on his head so if it's not perfect it makes the whole look kind of sour (I barely displayed my Enterbay figure with a hat as a result).

Respectfully, Yunsil says she cannot improve the hat (with many thanks to Shumi for all of their excellent guidance and effort) so I wonder if anyone else knows a different customizer who may be able to take on something like this, I would be happy to guide them or also lend what I made here, but I do not have anyone in mind for the project.

To circle back on the hat one more time, with apologies but full respect to Shumi and Yunsil, I felt compelled to share with the group what I managed to accomplish with the Kumik Leon hat. Apologies also that this is not the Shumi/Beastmaster head if I had it I would show the hat on that head also.

It shows essentially it IS possible get a good looking hat in this scale (matching the 1/4 one we all like shown on the bottom) but it does take work.

What I essentially did is very tightly roll the bottom of the hat upward to create the lip and secured it with dabs of glue. I then painted the hat with acrylic gray to get it the right color and while it was still a bit damp I put it on the head snd let it dry so it formed a perfect shape to his head.

I have no idea if its possible to do this to the Yunsil one too. I will try when I get it. hers looks to be a bit thicker than the kumik.

Sadly it looks like the Kumik hat/head combo has dried up on eBay also. I got this a couple years ago for like 30 bucks knowing it was still the best stock Leon hat I've seen (despite it being not perfect) and still have the crappy head that goes with it.

It bothers me that the ribbing material pattern swoops to the left but otherwise I can very much be happy with this. Struggling with damn Leon hats on my figures for over 12 years, this is the closest I have gotten to being happy with one. It's RIGHT on his head so if it's not perfect it makes the whole look kind of sour (I barely displayed my Enterbay figure with a hat as a result).

Respectfully, Yunsil says she cannot improve the hat (with many thanks to Shumi for all of their excellent guidance and effort) so I wonder if anyone else knows a different customizer who may be able to take on something like this, I would be happy to guide them or also lend what I made here, but I do not have anyone in mind for the project.
looks great

@Raymond F. I feel like if anyone can do it, Striped Box would be able to. Of course she'll need either a beastmaster/shumi/threestep sculpt to work off, I'm not really sure if all three share similar dimensions but it's a start.

LEON's hat is very important icon.
I want movie-accurate LEON's hat very much.
Somebody can make it?!

That is completely unacceptable and extremely concerning. Organizer, Please update this thread ASAP and handle your business and provide us a valid reason why you’ve held and collected our money without fulfilling your obligations.

That is completely unacceptable and extremely concerning. Organizer, Please update this thread ASAP and handle your business and provide us a valid reason why you’ve held and collected our money without fulfilling your obligations.

Hello. Sorry for the late reply.
This has always been the same problem.
It was the same for Clark Kent Suit and Stansfield Detective. I hope you don't always ask questions in an aggressive manner. Most co-purchasers do not place operators in the country and make joint purchases related to figures. I have explained the same problem before, but we are running a business with a business in the country. We are formally registered as a business operator and paying taxes. Due to tax problems, we need to adjust our monthly and quarterly purchases and sales. As in Stansfield and Kent Suit, some buyers doubted the delay in paying balance to Tori Box, and some of them even spoke of us as frauds. We gave refunds to those who were suspicious and anxious. We are paying the balance to the Yunsil according to schedule. As you know, we already paid a lot of money for Yunsil, and we also have a lot of products to receive from her. She says she can't go through multiple mass production operations at once. There are still some things she hasn't even begun mass production of our commissioned outfits. Toribox is also a company that officially registers its business in the country, pays taxes, and does normal business like us. As a result, they are also facing tax problems, and we have agreed on a payment date for that part and set a deadline.

That's the right one. They have until Nov 8th to pay it but to request final balances half a year in advance is unnecessary...

Naturally, people living in other countries doing business with her shouldn't have to think about these problems, but it's upsetting to bring us to such a bad view without knowing our position of living in a country like her and facing the same tax problem. All the other projects we've worked on with her have been completed normally, some have already been delivered to our customers, and some are being prepared for delivery. I don't know if we needed to criticize it so bluntly without listening to our explanation.

We report VAT twice a year as well as one comprehensive income tax return. Last year we were hit by a big tax bomb while doing business without adjusting this. Of course, this is a problem that you don't have to worry about. Because it operates without buying and adjusting sales, sometimes it is more over paying than the money that came in. So we started using tax accountants, and we also discussed these issues with head sculptor, painter, and outfit malers who are in our dealings with us. Paying all at once doesn't mean you're on a fast schedule. This is clear, but all of our projects have been delayed by at least six months. We didn't pay for the sample production of the project late. The work of one project host in Yunsil is carried out one by one.

Thanks for the information leewola, it's difficult to comprehend when Yunsil releases those information publicly. I just want to ask when the balance will be paid? To my knowledge, the earlier you place your order, the sooner it's going to be made.

Thanks for the information leewola, it's difficult to comprehend when Yunsil releases those information publicly. I just want to ask when the balance will be paid? To my knowledge, the earlier you place your order, the sooner it's going to be made.

It's not like that. Just because we pay the balance now doesn't mean it's scheduled early. Those who work on one project pay the balance and are scheduled about two to three months later. She sticks to the same order of mass production work in the order of the samples provided to us. And I think there's something you're mistaken about. She updates the homepage only when all the money we received is deposited. We are paying her in installments for the reasons mentioned above, such as the previous Clark Kent and the Stansfield detective project.

Thanks leewola_soyeon for the response.

Do not worry or question the legitimacy of Shumi Arts, we here at Custom One Sixth value your contribution to the community and as a personal customer prior I can confirm Shumi is most certainly a trustworthy and valued group/company!

Unfortunately bad behavior from other run organizers who do not pay yunsil after they collect final payment in a timely manner has made people in this community doubt run organizers. This is not your fault, and I know you update your Facebook group often. Updates on the status of your projects on the forum too will likely go a long way to managing any concerns so thank you for the update and explanation.

The Korean tax issue is confusing for most but I think we can all rest assured you and Toribox are handling it in the correct manner that works for you both.

I think some members are confused as Chubbyman says, because in most cases Yunsil does not begin a final run until the host has paid her and full and she publicly states this status On her website when that has paid.

I believe this is unique in your situation given the tax situation.

Most yunsil projects are delayed 6 months or more as you mentioned even if they have been paid in full so I don’t think any members will be surprised to hear that.

You have already indicated as such. But If you could confirm yunsil is working on the outfit run and not waiting on anything from your group or any customers at this point I think everyone will be at ease.

Once again thank you for your contribution to our community and great communication we appreciate you here at Custom One Sixth!

I appreciate the explanation, but as someone who has organized 7 different product runs, (some far larger than the ones you have done) with Yunsil, I know the way she operates with me and most others.

I can understand your tax issues and the need to seperate those payments throughout the year, but to request all of our balances 5 months ago and just hang onto it with no explanation until now is where I see the problem. You need to be very transparent with your customer base, and you were not. If I didn’t bring this up, it seems you wouldn’t not have.

Also, given how full her schedule is, the delaying in payment is sure to push this project back months if not a year. That is not what most people signed up for, and is irresponsible on your end in my opinion as a fellow run organizer. Unless you have some sort of special deal in place with them where they are reserving this spot without payment, it’s a problem.

I appreciate the explanation, but as someone who has organized 7 different product runs, (some far larger than the ones you have done) with Yunsil, I know the way she operates with me and most others.

I can understand your tax issues and the need to seperate those payments throughout the year, but to request all of our balances 5 months ago and just hang onto it with no explanation until now is where I see the problem. You need to be very transparent with your customer base, and you were not. If I didn’t bring this up, it seems you wouldn’t not have.

Also, given how full her schedule is, the delaying in payment is sure to push this project back months if not a year. That is not what most people signed up for, and is irresponsible on your end in my opinion as a fellow run organizer. Unless you have some sort of special deal in place with them where they are reserving this spot without payment, it’s a problem.

Thank you for your opinion. It is certainly my fault that I did not explain this in advance as you said. And I also know that you have worked with her on many projects.I think it's also wrong that I set the balance deadline too short. I don't know exactly when this Leon project could start, and I think I've set the balance deadline too short. I was told that the work would be carried out after previous projects with mass production schedules, and I was not aware of this before. It is also my fault that several projects overlap at the same time, causing this confusion. I think the will was too far ahead. Like other projects, this project will proceed without problems, and it will be completed without problems.
I'm sorry that I didn't explain on this thread, and I only explained to you personally.
I deeply apologize for just keeping you waiting without any explanation.

Back