Rocco DREDD 3D (Dredd and Anderson Head Sculpts)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rocco Dredd 2012 Judge Dredd and Judge Anderson Head Sculpts *WIP UPDATE*

Looks great still think the visor needs to go a little further down but maybe its just how he has it on the head in the pics

I asked him about the helmet positioning and he told me you could probably move it a little forward or a little backward so I imagine doing so would alter the visor's positioning to be more how you want it.

He also mentioned that he might have an Anderson work in progress up in a few days. The man is a beast :thud:

Wow. Just checked out the sculpt on the first page. Its reeking of Karl Urban!

Really amazing how Rocco works so efficiently at this level of precision.

Wow. Just checked out the sculpt on the first page. Its reeking of Karl Urban!

Really amazing how Rocco works so efficiently at this level of precision.

Yeah he is very skilled.

been tweeting these pics out may have more people interested in the project. Still hoping to find someone for the outfit

been tweeting these pics out may have more people interested in the project. Still hoping to find someone for the outfit

I'm thinking of just bashing the outfit. A lot of people have seemed to have success with finding or painting black vests and then using foam to create the armor like material. It's not the highest quality solution but it actually turns out just fine.

My concern is more with Anderson. It's harder to bash the outfit for her since she's on a female body so I'm not too sure what to do with her for now.

Looks fantastic! Rocco is doing a fantastic job :rock

I made a quick PS mod on the helmet.

I think atm it is too elongated, needs to be more square.

I will mail this to rocco.

attachment2_zps8c7b90a4.jpg

Good catch Seb, I hadn't really noticed that before. Your mock up looks much improved :rock

I made a quick PS mod on the helmet.

I think atm it is too elongated, needs to be more square.

I will mail this to rocco.

Wouldn't the head end up looking a tad smaller when on the body?

EDIT: I think I see what you're doing here. The head itself is the same size but the helmet should be reduced in areas to create a more firm square fit.

I guess the best thing to do would be to use some reference pictures to try to figure out if the helmet really should fit so snuggly and square like that or if the more longer approach accurate. I think part of it comes from it not being painted. It makes it hard for me at least to refer and look at the visor as I'm trying not to imagine it as part of the helmet.

Well yeah but still you can obviously see the the helemt is too elongated.
But oh well I will let you guys me the judges, i'm tired of all this seriously, you're just selective in wich comments you want to hear.
I posted several times about the visor and the eyes but somehow you just ignored those.

Last edited:

If you look at some of the reference pictures that Paul posted you can see that the helmet does fit more squarely on the head. Initially I just thought it was because the helmet was sitting too high on the head but with Seb's mock up you can see that it really improves the positioning and proportion.

We want as near damn perfection as possible for this sculpt :lecture

Wish I had PS on this laptop so I could show you more clearly.

It's coming along nicely . :) Would it be possible for someone to photoshop a still of Dredd / Urban alongside the pic of the sculpt ? This may help with sizing and show the comparison of the way the helmet sits better. It does appear that the helmet looks long but in the different reference pictures the helmet doesn't always sit in the same place.

I'm not sure about the eyes though , looking at the face forward, the right hand side eye looks to be slightly off. ( But it could be my eyes, I've been on the go since 3.30am this morning ! :lol ) Apart from that I want one !

It's coming along nicely . :) Would it be possible for someone to photoshop a still of Dredd / Urban alongside the pic of the sculpt ? This may help with sizing and show the comparison of the way the helmet sits better. It does appear that the helmet looks long but in the different reference pictures the helmet doesn't always sit in the same place.

I'm not sure about the eyes though , looking at the face forward, the right hand side eye looks to be slightly off. ( But it could be my eyes, I've been on the go since 3.30am this morning ! :lol ) Apart from that I want one !

Best I can do without PS or a clear shot of his full face and helmet :lol

I agree that the helmet definitely needs to be more square.

Nice one, standard Paint for windows is useless. You can't even have to pictures open at the same time! :gah: So it was a guessing game when I did it lol

Back