Rocco DREDD 3D (Dredd and Anderson Head Sculpts)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rocco Dredd 2012 Judge Dredd and Judge Anderson Head Sculpts *WIP UPDATE*

I revised it a bit

attachment_zps26cef263.jpg

This made me realize how thick that helmet is.

Rocco knocked it out the ballpark..that Dred head is flawless!!!!

I sent Rocco that photoshopped image. Should hopefully make it easy to understand what we are going for when we say the helmet should be more square.

Anderson proto shots are ready to go.

You guys think the head might be too big? Seems like her head is as large if not larger than Dredd with his helmet on and even considering she has a lot of hair it still seems like her head would be quite large looking when standing next to him. The thing is with the shots of her head on the female body it seems like a good size so might be best left the same size. The actual headsculpts end up ten percent smaller than the prototypes anyway right?

I think the hair might not be wavy enough on the sides.

I think there are some things off with that anderson im not seeing much of her in that sculpt. The chin and jaw is off any maybe the nose?
WFTCRMImageFetch.aspx_.jpeg

004.jpg

I don't quite see Anderson in the sculpt either, but I for the life of me can't really figure out why. It seems like some subtle alterations would really make the sculpt quite accurate.

I don't quite see Anderson in the sculpt either, but I for the life of me can't really figure out why. It seems like some subtle alterations would really make the sculpt quite accurate.

I really think the facial structure is off overall and the hairline is differnt. Im not sure how to handle it. This would be the type of hairline Hot Toys would use that layered hair technology or whatever they call it.

Olivia thirlby seems to be a hard one to capture...shes very pretty but doesn't seem to have a very distinct "look" or feature that kind of jumps out and makes people say "yes thats her"...maybe we should send Rocco more pictures of her outside of the anderson role. I think once the face is down, hair would be less of a concern.

5091595.jpg

here is another shot with a little more shadows to show deifinition
Dredd3.jpg

Olivia thirlby seems to be a hard one to capture...shes very pretty but doesn't seem to have a very distinct "look" or feature that kind of jumps out and makes people say "yes thats her"...maybe we should send Rocco more pictures of her outside of the anderson role. I think once the face is down, hair would be less of a concern.

5091595.jpg

Yea i agree i was gonna say look more at the actress overall. I think she does have some defined features shes has pretty full cheeks and a round chin. But i agree there are no characature style features like adrian brody's nose or jay lenos chin.

On a side note, what do you guys plan to do with the shoulder pads, aren't Anderson's smaller than Dredds? I'm not on the wait list yet but I've bought Crimsonbob's kit too (hopefully there will be additional openings).

On a side note, what do you guys plan to do with the shoulder pads, aren't Anderson's smaller than Dredds? I'm not on the wait list yet but I've bought Crimsonbob's kit too (hopefully there will be additional openings).

Yea i asked him about that he said we can heat them up and shape them to fit a smaller frame better. I guess we shall see.

Yes the will work on a female body. I tried it and it def work.
I agree on Anderson, there is something off but can't point what.

I will try to make a ps mod soon.

I also think the head is way too large compared to Dredd and even on the body.

Yes the will work on a female body. I tried it and it def work.
I agree on Anderson, there is something off but can't point what.

I will try to make a ps mod soon.

I also think the head is way too large compared to Dredd and even on the body.

Ah so I'm not the only one then.

All three points seem pretty solid to me. We're off to a good start on potential changes. So maybe a ten percent reduction in size on top of these changes?

^ good points. Would a closed-mouth look also possibly help with the likeliness?

^ good points. Would a closed-mouth look also possibly help with the likeliness?

I don't think so because her mouth was open for most of the film. To me that's part of her look and represented the idea that she was a rookie not quite prepared for what they ended up having to go through.

Maybe the sculpt is a tad elongated like with Dredd's helmet? Seems like her face should be perhaps a little rounder and just a bit wider so that the eyes are further apart.

I don't think so because her mouth was open for most of the film. To me that's part of her look and represented the idea that she was a rookie not quite prepared for what they ended up having to go through.

Maybe the sculpt is a tad elongated like with Dredd's helmet? Seems like her face should be perhaps a little rounder and just a bit wider so that the eyes are further apart.

Actually, you are right, she did have this clueless look. I think the current sculpt looks like she's laughing a little bit, maybe its simply because its not painted yet...hm...

Actually, you are right, she did have this clueless look. I think the current sculpt looks like she's laughing a little bit, maybe its simply because its not painted yet...hm...

That's part of the difficulty of judging this sculpt. The paint is going to make a huge difference in how she looks in the end, partly because her mouth is open.

Back