Rocco DREDD 3D (Dredd and Anderson Head Sculpts)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dredd 2012 Judge Dredd and Judge Anderson HS

Here are my thoughts about the dredd head.

I really think this needs to be sculpted in two parts.

Helmet without visor and face.
Entire face doesn't need to be sculpted, just the mouth parts, nose and eyes.
Basically i would like to be able to put a plastic visor.
IMO it will look way more realistic.

P1050015_zps2b18697b.jpg

Put me down for Anderson and dredd please

Here are my thoughts about the dredd head.

I really think this needs to be sculpted in two parts.

Helmet without visor and face.
Entire face doesn't need to be sculpted, just the mouth parts, nose and eyes.
Basically i would like to be able to put a plastic visor.
IMO it will look way more realistic.

P1050015_zps2b18697b.jpg

Sounds good. Should I request he includes a visor with it? It sounds like you already have one, but for most of us it would be nice to have Dredd's head complete without any additional pieces.

Well the visor is just a piece of black shiny plastic sheet.
I don't see howrocco could inlcude this.

Well the visor is just a piece of black shiny plastic sheet.
I don't see howrocco could inlcude this.

I think it should be a fairly sturdy material though so at the very least it would be nice to have one included that can be removable or something along those lines. Just a thought.

Well honestly the one I used is very thin and does the job perfectly.
I don't see how he could include one. The only thing he could include is a sculpted one. And having a sculpted visor removable might be really difficult to pull of.

Well honestly the one I used is very thin and does the job perfectly.
I don't see how he could include one. The only thing he could include is a sculpted one. And having a sculpted visor removable might be really difficult to pull of.

Would you be against the idea of having the visor be sculpted and not removable? I'm curious as to what the setbacks to that might be. Specifically I am wondering how the helmet would fit on with the visor already attached.

Well just becasue having a shiny semi translucent plastic visor looks more realistic than a sculpted (painted and glossed) one.

But that is just my opinion, if everybody want a sculpted one I will go with that and just dremeled out the suclpted visor.
That is what I did with the helmet above.

For now I am going to lean on the idea of having the visor be sculpted, but if strong opposition to it does come up then those plans can be adjusted accordingly.

Another question worth asking would be the neck. How do people want that to be handled? I see that some of Rocco's headsculpts have had sculpted necks and others have went without them. Personally I highly prefer sculpted necks, but it seems like less and less figures are doing that these days.

I would go with no neck since I used a TTM19 body and I'm sure that is the perfect body for dredd :)

I would go with no neck since I used a TTM19 body and I'm sure that is the perfect body for dredd :)

Ah you're right! I plan to use that body too and indeed neckless is the way to go for that one. Speaking of which, where's the best place to get one of those? Looks like BBTS sold out. I wish I could grab one without the headsculpt. That would probably save ten or twenty dollars.

Honestly I don't know. Bout about 50 of them when they were released. lol

Ebay is your best bet i think.

Being in the UK and trying to find reasonably priced TTM-19 bodies is a pain in the ass!

Going to pick up a hitfigure body at some point to see what they are like. I know the colour difference between arms and torso is silly but if its for a fully suited and booted character it won't make a difference anyway. They are around $30 I believe on evilbay.

Honestly I don't know. Bout about 50 of them when they were released. lol

Ebay is your best bet i think.

50!? :lol Do you just have a box full of the head sculpt it came with?

haha I just trashed them all :)

i did the same thing seb, i had a box filled with ttm-19 heads, i might have a few still...trashed them all as they were no use....

Back