Shinkawa Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid 1 by Amnur Interest Thread

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I can make the Play Arts head sculpt look like that. Since his body is very stylized....But I don't liked that PIN head. Going to make it a little bigger, just a little....

Oh yes please :) I would love a more anime Play Arts head sculpt too :panic:

You guys are right it more realism suits 1/6th better (although its great on Medicom NakedSnake).

Just headed to that shinkawa links, and man, thats all I need. Everything there! AWESOME!
Many thanks Zombie!

NoProbs. Ill keep posting links and send you my pics when i find em. Unfortunately theres not very good scans of the games after MGS2.

I love the quality of some of these

256561.jpg

b0006633_4cac1c15bc6e8.jpg

edit:

heres a couple more MGS2 Snake pics
35ed5ecd.jpg

mpw_maybe.jpg

https://c.hiphotos.baidu.com/album/.../9c16fdfaaf51f3deae49fb0594eef01f3b2979d3.jpg

https://stat001.ameba.jp/user_images/20090918/17/kp-blogcast/d2/28/j/o0300063210256065633.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the input Zombie. And everyone else. And Seb I agree, perfect balance between real and the art for 1:6.

The wolfish look Snake has in those MGS2 pics is so badass. That's how the sculpt should look for sure.

I actually didn't like that look too much. As someone mentioned somewhere on here, referencing the new Ground Zeroes game, the new HD renders have removed pretty much all of Snakes characteristic facial traits and made him look like any of the other generic video game tough guys.

Yeah, I get what you mean. I think as far as renders go that's as good as we've gotten. I didn't care much for Old Snake to be honest, I just never saw him as a mustache wearing kind of guy. The iconic version will always be Shinkawa's MGS1 Solid Snake.

That's a pretty cool render! He looks much better with a full beard, and the render looks closer to Shinkawa's artwork than the game renders normally do. Cool.

Yeah, I get what you mean. I think as far as renders go that's as good as we've gotten. I didn't care much for Old Snake to be honest, I just never saw him as a mustache wearing kind of guy. The iconic version will always be Shinkawa's MGS1 Solid Snake.

I'm with you. MGS1 is the best portrait. IMO, that weird hair of MGS2 is horrible....looks like a country singer...like this:
chitaozinho-xororo-disc-299x300.jpg
:Flush

lol, yeah the hair style in MGS2 is a head scratcher, though Snake is still bad ass. The bandana really pulls the look together. I think depending on what art you're looking at for MGS2 the "mullet" is sometimes less exaggerated.

Haha!
Personally I like the stash wearing Old Snake. That look has always been popular with old school SF types.

Yeah mullet Snake FTW is right! I think MGS1 is essential to the collection but to me the long hair is the iconic Snake look. Actually the only reason he cut his hair for Shadow Moses is so he wouldn't be confused with Liquid.

Its not actually a mullet. Theres a word in japanese used to describe it which basically means unkempt hair. If it was a mullet it would have shaved sides and etc.

Anyway MGS2 is my fave followed by MGS1 then 4. I like most people hated the oldman look. But when they came up with the final character model he looked badass. I hate the Solid Eye though, looks stupid to me.
His young face looked cool in MGS4 but only without the bandana. It didn't look too much like Snake to me though either

Yeah I know, I don't think it's really a mullet either I just use the term for ease of communication. I agree about the solid eye as well, I think it was just an excuse to give Solid and eyepatch lol.

The perfect Snake:

53158-metal-gear-solid-2-substance-windows-screenshot-rejoice-snake.jpg

Amnur, i'd personally love it if you based your sculpt off the actual in game model! But I can't wait to see what ever you come up with.

Yeah, I'm not 100% on his hair in MGS2. I mean, I think it looks fine, but it's hard to tell exactly what it is. I imagine it like it's exactly like Snake Plisskin's hair, but with a head band on.

snake_l.jpg

MGS1 is still my favorite look though. I really like his look from Metal Gear Acid though, which is like long haired Gambit from X-Men.

Old Snake is okay.. I mean, mustache or not, he's still a bad ass. No other Snake is as cool as Solid.

Also, I just want to say... Amnur, don't forget the exceptional work you did on the first sculpt. I still look at this pictures you posted and think "damn! that's Solid Snake captured almost perfectly!"

IMG-20120709-00070.jpg

Thanks buddy.
I'm correcting some details that I don't like anymore, also will change some aspects of his hair.

Back