Shinkawa Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid 1 by Amnur Interest Thread

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait Amnur, sounds like another winner. This V2 has me thinking about how cool a bandana-less version would be, or a long haired version (like Metal Gear Acid). MGS is such an untapped property.

I like how you think! There can never be enough 1/6 MGS stuff, it really is an untapped property as you said.

Where there is a will (and money...and time) there is a way. I have been on various 1/6 forums since the early 2000s and have purchased just about every single MGS custom sculpts that have come out, but NONE of them have come close to Amnur's work on Snake. You did good my friend!

Thanks Jack, your comments motivates me. Sorry if I cant run faster with these projects, due to my actual job...
Hope this version doesnt disappoint you this time.

I like how you think! There can never be enough 1/6 MGS stuff, it really is an untapped property as you said.

Where there is a will (and money...and time) there is a way. I have been on various 1/6 forums since the early 2000s and have purchased just about every single MGS custom sculpts that have come out, but NONE of them have come close to Amnur's work on Snake. You did good my friend!

I agree. Amnur's work is really second to none. The sculpts I've seen so far have always perfectly captured the characters imo. I hope their is more MGS in his future. :)

Thanks Jack, your comments motivates me. Sorry if I cant run faster with these projects, due to my actual job...
Hope this version doesnt disappoint you this time.

Take all the time you need! I think I speak for all of us when I say that you should never feel rushed, just keep working until you feel satisfied. :hi5:

Totally understandable. No rush at all. And I was in no way disappointed by your first one, it actually exceeded my expectations.

Same here, I was, and still am, blown away by your first sculpt. It's unfortunate what happened to the cast during mailing, but that aside it's really great. The fact that you decided to go back and revisited the sculpt is really awesome of you, and exciting. I can't wait. :D

Jack D pointed your work out to me and wow. You have an amazing way of capturing Shinkawas artwork in 3D that he himself can't seem to do lol

I look forward to you ver.2 of Snake. And i think ill buy the PlayArts sculpt too, what we got is just not Snake.
What you made is just aweome, although like SF said he has a thinner head. The codec is perfect, i like this one too
MetalGearSolid.png

My 2 cents on MGS2 Snake, could you make him resemble these works?
mgs2-solid-snake7.jpg

MGS2-metal-gear-solid-7903298-1024-768.jpg

Snake%20in%20Briefing.jpg

mgs2-solid-snake5.jpg

i alway thought this profil shot was badass
4e1d2.jpg

i look forward to your work :)

Last edited:
Damn, I really liked that look on MGS 2 pic.....uhm......:naughty
Thanks for your kindness! :duff:

i can give you them in even better quality if you like. I love Shinkawas art so i always look fr the highest quality art online :)

Are one of those pictures of Liquid Snake? lol. I hope Liquid is an eventual possibility Amnur. He's got the same face as Solid, so who else better to do it than you?

I'm interested in every sculpt MGS related.

My fav would be

Ocelot (MGS2) even if I already have a pretty perfect head.
Decoy Octopus
Vulcan Raven
Psycho Mantis even if I already have a pretty perfect head. Would love an umasked head.

Man! send me everything that you have!
[email protected]:panic:

I need to find em all first lol. I don't have everything in very high quality ( i don't even know where these people get them)

heres a couple sites for now:

good quality the first 2 artbooks:
https://thejadednetwork.com/gallery/artbook/Yoji-Shinkawa/The-Art-of-Metal-Gear-Solid-II/
https://thejadednetwork.com/gallery/artbook/Yoji-Shinkawa/The-Art-of-Metal-Gear-Solid/

some very good quality wide range of art:

https://browse.minitokyo.net/gallery?tid=1013&index=3

On Snake sculpts, i think snke ca have an anime look to him. Maybe down the line you can do an anime style Snake?
I think the play arts Gyle looks like him - but with stronger features:
210.jpg

211.jpg

know what i mean?

Last edited:
Personally I don't want something too stylized.

I think AMnur captured the perfect combination of stylized and real look.

On a 1/6 figure with clothing and accessories I like somehting a bit more realistic.

Amnur nailed Snake from MGS1 IMO.

I'm interested in every sculpt MGS related.

My fav would be

Ocelot (MGS2) even if I already have a pretty perfect head.
Decoy Octopus
Vulcan Raven
Psycho Mantis even if I already have a pretty perfect head. Would love an umasked head.

Good list. A good Revolver Ocelot would be my next choice after the Snakes.

I agree, while I think the anime look is cool, I'm more interested at this point in something more realistic, and I think Amnur captured Snake perfectly. He pulled the real out of the art you know?

Revolver Ocelot would be cool, but come on guys, Liquid Snake! :D I'd like to see a good Meryl, as well as Raiden.

Well, I can make the Play Arts head sculpt look like that. Since his body is very stylized....But I don't liked that PIN head. Going to make it a little bigger, just a little....

Just headed to that shinkawa links, and man, thats all I need. Everything there! AWESOME!
Many thanks Zombie!

Back