Shinkawa Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid 1 by Amnur Interest Thread

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really need the addresses, unless you sent it to me in the last couple of days please message me your address.

head sculpt arrived, size and everything are perfect!!! love every bit of it!! Amnur, this is one of the best work you have done, we are so happy own them. Thank you very much!!! :clap:clap:clap:clap

btw, whats your email? got some question and project to ask you.....

Got my head, fantastic although mine seems to have a problem.

Heads seems warped or deformed! Does anybody else has that problem?

Deformed? How? That's sad to hear that. Can you post some pics?
What I can do, is to send you another one. But I have to make another mold, since the last one was damaged.

Deformed? How? That's sad to hear that. Can you post some pics?
What I can do, is to send you another one. But I have to make another mold, since the last one was damaged.

Yeah head is slightly deformed, chin not aligned and left parts form the face seams to suffer from that.

I guess I cna live with it.

No, that's not fair.
I can send you another one.
Just let me make another mold, I'll let you know.

Yeah head is slightly deformed, chin not aligned and left parts form the face seams to suffer from that.

I guess I cna live with it.

I think I know what you mean, one eye is slightly farther away from the bridge of the nose, the mouth tilts up a tad at the end, and the jaw line rises with it? I can't get a pic at the moment, but will soon. I didn't take much notice of it before, but figured it just needed painting (I have a very few unpainted heads). On the other hand, my Guts head looks perfectly symmetrical.

I think I know what you mean, one eye is slightly farther away from the bridge of the nose, the mouth tilts up a tad at the end, and the jaw line rises with it? I can't get a pic at the moment, but will soon. I didn't take much notice of it before, but figured it just needed painting (I have a very few unpainted heads). On the other hand, my Guts head looks perfectly symmetrical.

I Don't know what happened. Perhaps this new king of resin gets deformed somehow.
Well, I can use the old resin to re-cast again, and send it to you guys who get this issue.
But all the heads where ok when I'd shipped. I'd even revised then to check if theres bubbles on it.
That"s what I can do, with no cost for you guys.
Just let me know.

Last edited:
I feel bad taking another head free Amnur. Maybe there is a problem with the new resin, but it seems really hard, I can't imagine what happened. My Guts head is fine, and I think that is the same resin as the Solid Snake head right? Since you casted one for me along with my SS head.

Let me try to get a picture first before you do anything, then you can compare.

I feel bad taking another head free Amnur. Maybe there is a problem with the new resin, but it seems really hard, I can't imagine what happened. My Guts head is fine, and I think that is the same resin as the Solid Snake head right? Since you casted one for me along with my SS head.

Let me try to get a picture first before you do anything, then you can compare.

No, the resin used on Guts is different from SS.
The resin used on SS is a high density resin, high viscosity, that is very flexible until final cure, up to 2 days.

I really don't know, since I never ship sculpts that aren't "ok".
I'll buy the silicon this weekend, and recast again. Then on the next week I can send another to you guys.
I can't let you guys discontent with it.

Here's a pics on mine.
Still an awesome head.I will try to take some close up pics.

Seems that one eye seems a bit higher than the other one due to the warping.
I will paint it and will see if it's still noticeable.

P1040795.jpg

Here's a pics on mine.
Still an awesome head.I will try to take some close up pics.

Seems that one eye seems a bit higher than the other one due to the warping.
I will paint it and will see if it's still noticeable.

P1040795.jpg

Very curious as I see parts everywhere in your pics do you build a figure snap some pics then take it apart use the same body for everything ?

Also amnur will you be doing another run?

Back