TAKING ORDERS: 1966 light up Batphone [DoggieDoc]

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phones are done.

DSC02270.JPG
DSC02272.JPG
DSC02273.JPG

Okay, everyone, I know I have been posting updates saying"Almost there" like 10 times.... but this is FOR REAL. I was very unhappy with my initial design of the battery compartment that I showed a week or so back. Actually, I was happy with the design but unhappy with the results. There were two problems....

1) the connection with the contacts I made was spotty, so depending on how the bust was touched or sitting, the light might blink or go out altogether.
2) Because there is SO LITTLE room in the bust for the battery, when it was inserted, the bust would sit quite unevenly on the ground. It would definitely be able to stand, but it might rock a little, which would then affect the connect.

SO.... I went back to the drawing board and redesigned the battery compartment. I removed the metal contact points from the battery holders I used for the Batphones and repurposed them, completely custom, into the base of the bust. Unfortunate;y the little black cover hides most of it, but I must say I am extremely proud of what I have done.

What matters, though, is that the battery makes PERFECT contact now with no blinking or loose connection, and the bust sits almost perfectly level on the ground. The only sacrifice is the very small black disk that is visible at the very base of the bust, which I think looks just fine. I might even do a tiny bit of felt around the edge to hide it and to prevent any minor uneveness from the battery inside.

What this ALL means is these are officially feature complete... all I have to do is install these new compartments in the busts and complete packaging!!!

I know I've said it before but, as above, I MEAN it this time... I will begin taking orders for those on the list THIS WEEKEND.

Now, unfortunately these are EXTREMELY limited, so I can only accommodate thoe on the list as of now. There are members here, as well as FB members that are on the list, that will get priority. What I am NOT doing is opening this up for general sale. There are TONS of people on Facebook that are going to be disappointed, but for now 25 is where it stands. Since everything is figured out finally, perhaps a second run will be a lot less time consuming.

THANK YOU EVERYONE for your patience. I truly hope it was worth it when you receive these

Edit: And if you are on the original list and no longer interested in the project PLEASE let me know. Any spots opening up will be immediately claimed due to interest so I would appreciate knowing. Thank you all.

Andy

20190710_123957.jpg20190710_123909.jpg

Last edited:
No, that is you, “The Thinker”. Based on Rodin’s famous sculpture.
Haha got it... I knew what the actual statue was... funny little story. My grandma owned a ceramics shop and had her own kiln and everything. She made a The Thinker statue and I loved it and had it for years before it got lost sometime while I was in college.

But yes, I am constantly thinking, retooling, etc., until it's just right. I am SO happy with this new battery setup though.

I knew you would get it. Thinking, retooling, modify and adapt, the sculpture says it all.

Hey, all, i know i said this weekend, but i got a little delayed with some final steps... but.... TOMORROW... be on the lookout for ordering info.

Here's the final picture doing a little last quality control. Everything is wired. Everything lights up. Just tying up a few loose ends.

20190714_225149_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Back