tantive IV

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is one of the most amazing things I've seen on the site. And there have been amazing things here!
A curious question. What is that red material? It looks metallic. Is it the paint job or actually metal?
Oh, I wonder if you could show us how you do the lights too. Where to buy or whatever. I have no experience with lighting but I am fascinated with what you did.
Thanks

I'm glad you dig my work!!
The red material is just a plastic sheet cut up (placemat) and painted with Revell nr. 37. Lights are 200 christmastreelights and were on sale....(bought them after x-mas) The yellow lights are transparant beeds I "borrowed" from my little daughter (I did ask permission...) and stuck the lights above it so it gives that nice yellow glow. Just start and learn along the way, that's how I learn.....trial and error.

Do you take commissions?

Sorry Wake.....no commisions just once in a lifetime project. And on a sidenote....this diorama weighs a ton and would cost a fortune for shipping. Please take the time to make one of your own and I'll be happy to give you some tips and tricks! If I look at the diorama now I could have done a better job....

Chuffin Grand!!!! Love it..... is it the same size as the other dios...can not wait to see a shot of them all stacked up!

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Done.....It gives Luke a nice place to "hang out"....The first time I used a backdrop for a diorama. I learned alot again and can use the experience on projects to come. I guess that's the most fun...learing as you progress. Of course I'm already thinking about the next project...If time alows, I want to start in about a week or two. I will try to give regular upates as I go along.

I'm beside myself.....STUNNED!! :bow:bow

Amazing work, Dutchman. This is inspiring....but scary at the same time. I have two dio's in mind....and after seeing your Tantive and this last one....im literally scared to begin the projects. But....this work you have done shows that with effort, trial and error anything is possible.

Again....AWESOME!!!

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

There it is sideshow sailors....."diotower" no. 2 finished :yess:. Can't wait on starting no. 3.....still room enough for more. Thanks for the positive response, fellow freaks :clap

Awww Dutch you jus killing us wid dees :drool

Thats one sweet room ya got there.

Absolute Favourite is the Tantive 4 Boarding, so would love to tackle that one but not enough room, why is there never enough room :gah:

Excellent work mate

Now that is how you display a collection. Your Dio's don't compliment your figures instead your figures compliment your Dio's. As always great craftsmanship and attention to detail.

Back