tantive IV

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you are tailor making each one to fit inside of the Ikea Besta cabinets? Good idea. I plan on making a bunch of diorama's but to be honest never really though about how/where I was going to display them. I may have to steal your idea. :wink:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Well...I guess "diotower" no. 1 is now officialy finished. I'm thinking of a sky backdrop with some lighting behind it.....Next project: Jabba's palace entrance...or at least a small part of it. Sorry no Dagobah yet, still looking for Yoda's hut for a reasonable price...

picture.php
picture.php

New project on the way.....Not really a challenge and I've done this type before but I think those 2 gammy's and luke will look just fine in here......:)

That's absolutely huge! How will you be fitting it with the rest of the dios?

That's what my wife said....:wink1:
Well... if my measurements are correct it is the same size as the bespin diorama. Therefore it should fit and diotower 2 and 3 will become the same height. To do Jabba's palace a little justice I thought this one could use the extra space.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Let's face it...RotJ is one big muppet show.....and beeker is one of my favorites so I'm fine with it.:lol
Next step....covering it all up with plaster....what a mess that is going to be.

Before you get to any wet work, would you mind taking one more picture with some 1/6 figure standing in the middle for size reference?

It's going to really make the massive size click for everyone. ;)

Out of this world! Do you plan on having the TT-8L entry droid (the eye in the door) as well? Would be awesome.

Sent from my GT-P1000R using Tapatalk 2

Hey man! Fantastic work! As a maker if dioramas myself i have a question. How do you do the curves surfaces?

Looks like thin hardboard (aka masonite or MDF) glued to curved profiles made of thicker MDF. On the right side, the partial archway looks like it's held in place by screws.

Back