Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher: LIST CLOSED, SHIPPED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher FINAL CALL 1:4 launcher, control boxes

Thanks for the reply, Doggie.

Is it too late to send payment for the Control Box?

Thanks for the reply, Doggie.

Is it too late to send payment for the Control Box?
No sir!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

As rjszar mentioned I am just waiting on batch two to actually COMPLETE the launchers for all those that have paid. So don't worry!

by the way, as i'm purchasing several products from you, half of which don't even exist yet, and want to get them altogether, you can send my already made launcher to somebody who needs it right now, i'll just wait for that second batch :)

by the way, as i'm purchasing several products from you, half of which don't even exist yet, and want to get them altogether, you can send my already made launcher to somebody who needs it right now, i'll just wait for that second batch :)
Thank you for that:). As I said before I plan on starting sending launchers out once I get final confirmation on batch two from the caster. I know it might seem a bit weird but it's to ensure equal quality across the board.

tried to pay for the dolly, but paypal does something he never did before - instead of sending USD he shows me a conversion rate and how much of my original currency i'm going to send, though the only account linked to paypal i have is an USD account. i asked them what the hell and will act after they explain it.

tried to pay for the dolly, but paypal does something he never did before - instead of sending USD he shows me a conversion rate and how much of my original currency i'm going to send, though the only account linked to paypal i have is an USD account. i asked them what the hell and will act after they explain it.
No problem. Whenever you work it out is fine when me!

AR-18 is more or less done...

G5WD9tw.png

ZoIFeLf.png

8vnVtDS.png

I am also communicating with the caster trying to get info on the 1:4 launcher and the second batch of 1:6. Sorry for the delays, as I said, the caster is good but a bit dodgy with communication.

Ugh, it's gotten to the point where I'm staring at your work trying to find something wrong. Alas, all I can complain about is it looks like the gun is bent in the middle, the back half pointing out, the front half straight to the side or pointing slightly backwards. Obviously, just the way the diagram looks on screen and not the way it will print out. Oh well, guess we'll just have to accept perfection again. :lol

Ugh, it's gotten to the point where I'm staring at your work trying to find something wrong. Alas, all I can complain about is it looks like the gun is bent in the middle, the back half pointing out, the front half straight to the side or pointing slightly backwards. Obviously, just the way the diagram looks on screen and not the way it will print out. Oh well, guess we'll just have to accept perfection again. :lol

Haha, I'll take it!

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by the gun looking bent... I think I get it... it looks like the barrel is pointing back away from the screen a bit? Almost like it's warped? Yeah, that's super weird, and I agree it for some reason looks that way. I think it may be due to all the smaller lines making up the barrel housing. Some sort of optical illusion or something. But don't worry, straight as an arrow:)

Ugh, it's gotten to the point where I'm staring at your work trying to find something wrong.

And actually, there is one small detail missing because I was having a hard time doing it correctly. The word Armalite on the left side of the gun is a logo of sorts. It is supposed to look like a crosshairs with a circle around it. For the life of me I couldn't get the circle to sit properly on the surface of the gun, thus right now it is just a set of crosshairs above the A in Armalite... it's driving me nuts. I'll get it to work... I SWEAR:gah:

It's more than an optical illusion. On the back half of the gun you can see the leading edges, on the front you can see the rear edges. Look at the front sight.

I did find one other feature that was missed, and it was on the gun used in the movie (second picture).
AR18-Lead.jpg
600px-Terminator-AR18.jpg

Okay, one last observation. Are the lines on the housing actual lines to be printed?. I don't see those on any pictures of the AR-18 and I don't see them on my 1:1 replica. It's smooth.

It's more than an optical illusion. On the back half of the gun you can see the leading edges, on the front you can see the rear edges. Look at the front sight.

AHHH, gotcha! It is a product of the type of "camera" chosen when modeling. You are 100% right, though, that it does not affect the model itself. Great eye!

I did find one other feature that was missed, and it was on the gun used in the movie (second picture).
View attachment 337850
View attachment 337851
Dang it, you got me there, but I have an explanation. I didn't want to 3D model that in as I figured the printed part would be too easily breakable. The plan was to model in an insert hole and then include that as an actual piece of metal. Don't worry, it'll be there:)

Okay, one last observation. Are the lines on the housing actual lines to be printed?. I don't see those on any pictures of the AR-18 and I don't see them on my 1:1 replica. It's smooth.
So the lines are a product of how I had to model it, and 3D modeling in general. All surfaces of the model, even curved ones, are made up of little triangles and facets. For example the handle looks really smooth along the back, but not along the front. The smooth part is still made up of a ton of different facets, but the program "smooths" them over to be not visible even though they're there. I had to model the barrel housing in a way where the triangles actually show up visibly in the illustration (it ended up this way because the front of the housing and the back are different shapes, thuse I couldn't just form a uniformly curved surface), but the end result will be a barrel housing that should look smoother than the illustration would lead you to believe.

One more area you DIDN'T mention that I JUST realized needs to be added... the indentations along the bottom of the varrel housing are not there:gah:. They'll be added, too!

Well, if you most the detail on the bottom of the housing, then you probably missed it on top. I took a picture of mine as best I could given where I have it displayed. There is a depression and there ARE lines along the length of that part. :lol. Five holes as well. Sorry for the extra work but glad you're a stickler for accuracy.
001.JPG

Well, if you most the detail on the bottom of the housing, then you probably missed it on top. I took a picture of mine as best I could given where I have it displayed. There is a depression and there ARE lines along the length of that part. :lol. Five holes as well. Sorry for the extra work but glad you're a stickler for accuracy.
View attachment 337916

I don't have a picture to show you but I did NOT miss the top details[emoji1]. I have the five holes, and the lines as well. I even have the three holes on the bottom! I just forgot the indentations along the bottom for some reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Took a quick picture of my computer screen before I left for work...details on top!

ec1a72600ed817822000eb8a8630c6f2.jpg

Sweeeeeet!!! Can't wait to take this puppy out to the range. Guess I should get some 1/4 scale targets.

SPAS 12s are sanded and ready for paint. I also started fabrication on the dollies. Still waiting on the caster though[emoji22]
6d27fac1537c00a2efe3a9f956cb5175.jpg
9728be254c40caf51462c5f14adb97a4.jpg
365b430ee61864967911686266d216da.jpg

Last edited:

Not sure if these have been posted, but here are some pics of the hero version of the gas launcher. Courtesy of Lucas Francis Studios:

tearlauncher1.jpg

tearlauncher2.jpg

tearlauncher3.jpg

tearlauncher4.jpg

Last edited:
Back