Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher: LIST CLOSED, SHIPPED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Terminator 2 MM1 Grenade Launcher FINAL CALL 1:4 launcher, control boxes

Okay, if that's true, then we're way off with ours.

From imfdb.org. Looks like you could be right considering the shape of the handle in this shot.
601px-T2JDMM1-7.jpg

Okay, if that's true, then we're way off with ours.
Unfortunately we're way too late for that. This is the first I've seen this picture obviously.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Unfortunately we're way too late for that. This is the first I've seen this picture obviously.

Don't worry about it. The website I quoted shows a picture of a gun that looks exactly like yours as an example of the what was used. Sometimes the movie guns differ or are altered, which they usually mention as well, but not this time.

I did some research and couldn't find any MM1 that looked like the picture. Then I had an epiphany. Something bothered me about the structure of the back portion of that gun. It didn't look beefy enough for that weapon. I thought it looked more like a flare gun. So I googled and as luck would have it.......
flare-gun.jpg
very-flare-gun.jpg

Given the choice to have an accurate real world version of the gun, or something the movie studio was forced to throw together to try to make look good, I'd rather have the former. I certainly wouldn't want the .45 longslide to have the crazy battery wiring running from it to power the laser.

I did some research and couldn't find any MM1 that looked like the picture. Then I had an epiphany. Something bothered me about the structure of the back portion of that gun. It didn't look beefy enough for that weapon. I thought it looked more like a flare gun. So I googled and as luck would have it.......
View attachment 338797
View attachment 338798

Given the choice to have an accurate real world version of the gun, or something the movie studio was forced to throw together to try to make look good, I'd rather have the former. I certainly wouldn't want the .45 longslide to have the crazy battery wiring running from it to power the laser.
Wow great research. I wonder why they do weird stuff like that. To get around licensing issues? Part of me says it's practicality....by attaching the flare gun it gives the ability to shoot the flare out of the barrel and get the big spark look you see in the film.

Wow great research. I wonder why they do weird stuff like that. To get around licensing issues? Part of me says it's practicality....by attaching the flare gun it gives the ability to shoot the flare out of the barrel and get the big spark look you see in the film.

That's exactly what I thought.

Okay seeing as those pictures has caused some commotion, what you have there is the "stunt version". Contrary to what everybody believes Arnie is strong but he's not Superman, in most of his films they have "special lightweight" prop versions built so he can look like he handles them comfortably one handed. In Commando they built special versions of the shotgun and the M60 machine gun, you can actually see them bend if you look closely in certain shots.

Okay seeing as those pictures has caused some commotion, what you have there is the "stunt version". Contrary to what everybody believes Arnie is strong but he's not Superman, in most of his films they have "special lightweight" prop versions built so he can look like he handles them comfortably one handed. In Commando they built special versions of the shotgun and the M60 machine gun, you can actually see them bend if you look closely in certain shots.
Thanks for the further information. I admit I got a little freaked out when that was posted...glad everyone is satisfied with where we are!

Magpie did you get my PM? I need your real name to attach to a PP payment, if you don't mind[emoji2]

A few progress updates...

... All the control boxes are cast and almost all painted. Dollies are being fabricated. SPAS 12s are being painted. 1:4 scale MM1s are being cast as we speak. The AR-18 is fully modeled and just went to the printer. AND, I finally have a bit of a timeline for shipping. Stay tuned, I'll have a detailed post about it in the next day or two.

Also, for kicks, I made a timelapse of the entire modeling process for the AR-18. I'll post it soon...just something I thought would be neat to see.
b3d8206b44663fe4d115afbae515e697.jpg
6f01f78e4dc47c51d87bc3430e5ec455.jpg
7eaab9b25df66faa85d3dfdca673ea7e.jpg

PM sent.

Thank you, much appreciated.

And as I said I will be providing an update on shipping and sending things out soon!

As i finalize timelines and stuff enjoy this timelapse. It's is the entire modeling process of the AR-18. Be warned it's a ~35 minutes! However that's a solid 30-40 hours of modeling time compressed!

[video=youtube_share;qjOvepwfv5g]https://youtu.be/qjOvepwfv5g[/video]

pm sent for 1/6 dolly...please put me on the list

Paid in full. Thanks for offering these :peace

Hey, everyone, as I mentioned previously I have a relatively concrete timeline on everything. The 1:4 Launchers are being finished this week and I hope to have them shipped by next week, though I don't have an exact date for that. Along with the 1:4 Launchers I should be getting the remaining 1:6 launchers that will cover EVERYONE who has paid (unfortunately I still can't say whether I will have extras for the couple of you that asked me late). All I will have to do once I get those is check them over, assemble the remaining launchers, and everything is good to go!

I will start sending out everyone's launchers once I can check over the final batch to ensure everyone gets equally quality items. As such I hope to begin sending them out inside of two weeks, thought it will depend on exactly when I get the second batch in.

Also, the 1:4 AR-18 prototype is done and on the way. I also hope to have that by next week so that anyone who is interested can see a finished version. I don't have a price for it yet but it looks to be a little more expensive that both the 1:4 SPAS and Launcher.

What about the control boxes? As I understand it, those who ordered multiples will ship after all their items are complete, right?

I've got a launcher and control box ordered.

What about the control boxes? As I understand it, those who ordered multiples will ship after all their items are complete, right?

I've got a launcher and control box ordered.
Sorry I should have been more specific! The control boxes are almost completed and yes, everything will ship together if you have ordered more than one thing.

Since the 1:6 launchers took longer than expected for casting, the other items are nearing completion and will be ready to go soon. Can't wait to get everything out to you all!

DoggieDoc
i paid for the dolly but was banned and couldn't inform you, please confirm :)
edit: oh i see you noted it in payment post. thanks!

DoggieDoc
i paid for the dolly but was banned and couldn't inform you, please confirm :)
edit: oh i see you noted it in payment post. thanks!

Yep, gotcha! I was wondering where you went:slap

And your dolly is being fabricated as we speak!

Back