The SHO-NUFF! Project - Custom 1/6 Art Figure {Update!}

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was messing around with this tonight in between waiting for paint to dry on another project.
Red transluscent left hand.

4gqZ3y.jpg

4sfrCT.jpg

OMG..!!! I was only kidding... sort of! ;) LOL..! That's freakin' awesome!!!

So here is the thing with these, I am not an electronics guy, the image where it looks lit up, I'm shining a flashlight under it.
It looks really cool even just as the tinted red. I dont have the skillset to hollow out the forearm, run wires, a battery pack and a switch.

I would be willing to do a few of these just to break even on the materials I had to buy just to be able to make them ($65 worth of silicon, resin and red pigment)
I would be happy to to them pretty inexpensive as long as folks realize this is a little novelty swap out hand and is not perfect, it doesn't come with a red wrist peg or anything, I literally casted the Michael Jordan hand attached to the arm, and then cut it off at the wrist, and drilled a hole in it. I then slid the forearm bracer down to cover the seam. It's not perfect but it looks cool to me. I also only did the left fist, not the right. I considered an open hand cast, but with curled fingers you get into a complicated 2-part mold, and I didn't want that hassle.

If I could do a few of these left fists for around $15 plus a few bucks for shipping would anyone be interested?
Really all I want to do is be able to reimburse myself for the cost of the materials and end up with one for myself.

Thoughts?

You know I'm down! Even if it is just for one hand, it's a great little optional accessory that we crazy fans could appreciate! Any chance of a full figure shot with that "glow" hand attached? You are the man, Chris..! :)

I would love to get a set of these....I had a similar idea but would love the open palm hands....may I suggest the hands that would be gripping the basketball to get the open palm stance...just throwing it out there....i'm glad you are on the case Chris...:)

I agree that ideally the hands should be in the martial arts/clawed position, however here are some very practical things that have to be considered.

- I can do single, open faced molds on my own easily, the fist was a single mold, and I'm not charging the group for "labor"

- An open hand would require a 2 part mold - these are much more complicated and headache worthy. I have a guy who can do them, and I would estimate a 2 part mold for both a left and right hand being in the ballpark of about $60, just for the mold work. Divide that amongst this small run of folks, maybe 10 sets if we are lucky? The less people in on a run, the more everyone shares that up front cost.

- Casting, I could also have my guy do a translucent red resin on the open hands like I did for the fists, but anywhere there is a seam on the mold, there is flashing that has to be flaked and sanded off. I don't currently have the bandwidth to do this post work on 5-10 pairs of hands. I know someone who could, but he would charge per set to cleanup.

- Also with individual fingers, you run the risk of tiny air bubbles in the fingertips. It's possible a mold maker might keep at it until all sets are perfect, but if it becomes a consistent problem, they tend to send you a few sub par sets and say "This is the best we can do with these tiny fingers"

I am more than happy to explore this with the guy I use for my more complex molding, but it's not going to be cheap since the run would be so small, and he will most likely require 10 sets to get started, and I think theres only like, 13 figures made? Everyone would have to be on board, up front deposits etc.

You guys let me know what you think, I would be in 100% myself because they would look awesome, but basically everyone here would have to be on board too, or willing to buy an additional set to make it happen.

If this is overly complicated, I can just continue with the fists

Any thoughts and feedback appreciated.

Corrose, not by any means suggesting that I'm daddy war bucks but given enough of a heads up I'd be down to invest in the best product...still interested and the open hands claw is the goal!

Just have to mention that the glowing hands would not be accurate with the theatre scene clothing he has on, but still would be pretty cool if it can be pulled off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

344fe3d1b4c0d8f4d2194924f1a71666.jpg

I just got mine today and I am blown away!

One of my concerns during this project was the Cape. We drove Yungsil to the limits with this cape and she almost bowed out. We had to come to a middle ground and at the time I didn't believe it woukd meet my expectations, but all I can say I have been proven wrong!

This cape is beautiful and the entire figure is beautiful. I am so happy right now. A dream come true.

Ok lets try this again! I made a long ass post and well, this site doesnt play nice with mobile lets just say that. so here we go again!

CameraZOOM-20151027081913661_zpsxizg6hu5.jpg

Sorry for the lack of post brothers! My first priority was getting everyone's Sho's out as soon as the shades arrived! Speaking of them I would really like to thank Corrose for his swift damage control of the situation! I can attest that the shades did work on the sculpt during the proto phase. Its the sealing of the paint on them made em extra brittle. I myself fell victim to a broken pair as well not heading the warning as I wanted em on for the review. So I am thankful that Chris went the extra mile to fix this issue. Your'e such a class act my friend! :duff

I am also down with glowing hands of any kind. The more the better! Though not screen accurate it can make for some bad ass poses! So kill it Corrose! We got your back!

CameraZOOM-20151027114208827_zpsbi8gcoor.jpg

I also took the time to film the video review so please take a look when you get a chance! I'm sorry for messing up anyone in the shouts (yeah you Bruhkis! Lol) but it was a lot of stuff to remember on my plate. You know I like to do the one take videos. Gets the most honesty flowing in my opinion.

Lastly, I'd like to thank all the great artists involved for a job well done! It took a bit of time but the end result is just a masterpiece! SHO-NUFF!!!!

[video=youtube_share;apCf26C7RiQ]https://youtu.be/apCf26C7RiQ[/video]

Mike I cannot stop looking at my Shogun!!! Bro this is just so sick and soooooooooooo well made. Every single part is pure beauty bro. All involved did a 150% perfect job. Thank you for getting me in and thanks so much for the Blu-ray. This is one of my best figures to date. Much love brother.

e8afc12c9eaefefc4b228134673c1b6f.jpg

This is the pose I'm going with.

I'll fix it up better once I get my Scottie Pippen in.

I got back from work and found Sho took a faceplant and broke the small clip for the Lternate glasses. No issues though I have the regular glasses on there that broke (Yeah I tried getting the glasses on him) and it works just as good. :)

I am at awe!!

Great shot and I gotta say that I appreciate the fact that the box could fit in the detolf....it's such a statement like an exclamation point when stationed next to sho-nuff.....

Great shot and I gotta say that I appreciate the fact that the box could fit in the detolf....it's such a statement like an exclamation point when stationed next to sho-nuff.....

Thanks man!

The subtleness of the box looks classy.

I had to display it.

Back