The SHO-NUFF! Project - Custom 1/6 Art Figure {Update!}

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember asking about a Bruce Leroy and I think mags laughed me off the board....and I feel like after receiving this stunning piece....Leroy is not necessary.....however, if offered I would take him:wink1:

I was laughed off the boards, by a lot of people, whenever I brought up Sho nuff.

Anything is possible [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

So as mentioned and shown in my photo this morning, the open frame glasses are designed to fit, but I did see where a couple of you had your frames snap.
I don't like unhappy people, so I spent most of my entire day on a fix. I reworked the frames of the glasses and made them overall just a hair larger, and I bowed the frames out. Now this is not how glasses are supposed to look, the original ones are, but due to the angle the head tapers back, and the hair, the frames are having to be flexed to fit. So I just added the flex in so that they didn't have to be bent.

So, these do not have to be bent at all, zero, you just have to carefully push it through the hair and into place.

So here is the deal, and please read this carefully.

I printed 7 sets tonight that have the outer bow. I want to get these into the hands of the 2 of you first, that had breakage.
The rest, I want to get into the hands of people who actually want to put the glasses on the figure.

I am willing to get these to those of you who need them, FREE, all out of my pocket, but I do ask you to cover shipping so that I'm not completely in the red, which would be $5 in the US, if you are outside I need to get you a quote.

BUT here is the catch. I need to get back to another project I am in the middle of, so I do not have the time to trim down all of the pairs, buff, prime, paint, and seal, that's one reason I'm okay with these pairs being free. I will also include the sticker you need.

Here is all you would need to do:
- Clip off the 3D supports with a pair of those little manicure scissors (took me about 5 minutes to clip these off)
- Sand off the little nubs where the supports made contact with the glasses (I used 1k grit and it worked beautifully)
- Prime, Paint Black, Seal and apply Sticker.
- Minus Drying time I was able to do all of this in about 30 minutes (I just don't have time to do it for all the pairs)

I do ask since I only printed up 7 sets initially, if you are not planning to display with shades on, and are happy with your open frame shades, PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST ONE OF THESE PAIRS, I'd like to get them to the folks who need them first. Also if you are NOT the owner of this figure, please do not ask me about getting a pair, I'm just trying to take care of the members who supported this project.

You need to contact me via PM or on Facebook BEFORE sending payment to make sure I still have some left.

I hope this helps put a few of you at ease, I know how my stomach sinks anytime something I buy breaks.

Thanks all

dEOkUd.jpg

Last edited:
I did want to show from a technical standpoint why this has the issue it does.

The head itself has a very extreme tapering from the front of the head to the back.
I am in no way, at all bashing the sculpt, it is absolutely beautiful, I'm just trying to illustrate what is going on here.

The lenses line up perfectly with the eyes. The middle head in the drawing is a pretty typical head shape, how the frames kind of just go straight back, and in this case there is such an extreme taper, the frames have to follow that shape.

In order for the glasses to look natural, and fit going straight back, the lenses would have to be huge as seen in the right image, and they end up looking like oversized halloween glasses. This was the original struggle Mags and I were having because we were trying to make the glasses look straight but still fit, and it wasn't working. This new pair ends up being the best compromise, the frame size is a touch wider so that the frames dont have to be angled so extremely, and no manual bending is required to get these on.

8UOyL7.png

Last edited:
I would like a pair but I have no clue what I am doing when it comes to painting, sealing, etc.

[emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't broken my glasses but I could feel them start to give when attempting too so I immediately stopped.
If I can get a set of the new one's that would be very much appreciated.
Thank you.

So right now Marlo, Mightyq, army have locked in for a set. That leaves me with 4, those of you who posted that I didn't mention PM me and I'll confirm you and you can send payment after.

Please note, this is not "7 and I'm finished" - if everyone needs a pair I can eventually get them to you, but I only did 7 prints to start. After those you might have to wait until I do another print run which could be a week or two.

I'm Glad this solution makes everyone more comfy. I have never left anyone in a bad spot where I'm involved with an item and I'm not starting now.

Thanks all

Lt0078 and TheWhatWhatwhat are locked in, 2 left.

Paypal is: [email protected] - it's $5 for US shipping, if you are international let me know, I have to get a quote, either that or just send like $10 and I'm sure that will cover you.

If your paypal does not include your SSF username and address, I'm going to refund the payment, because I don't know all of you by first name. And since I'm making zero on these, please do not make me eat the fees, send as gift or cover the fees on your end. If I get fees, I'm refunding the payment also.

Marlo and army have sent payments, I'll update the rest once I receive it.

Thanks

Oh my GOD....Interested!!!....I know its a photo and I know you are probably messing aroud but emarae requested these and here they are....wow

So here is the thing with these, I am not an electronics guy, the image where it looks lit up, I'm shining a flashlight under it.
It looks really cool even just as the tinted red. I dont have the skillset to hollow out the forearm, run wires, a battery pack and a switch.

I would be willing to do a few of these just to break even on the materials I had to buy just to be able to make them ($65 worth of silicon, resin and red pigment)
I would be happy to to them pretty inexpensive as long as folks realize this is a little novelty swap out hand and is not perfect, it doesn't come with a red wrist peg or anything, I literally casted the Michael Jordan hand attached to the arm, and then cut it off at the wrist, and drilled a hole in it. I then slid the forearm bracer down to cover the seam. It's not perfect but it looks cool to me. I also only did the left fist, not the right. I considered an open hand cast, but with curled fingers you get into a complicated 2-part mold, and I didn't want that hassle.

If I could do a few of these left fists for around $15 plus a few bucks for shipping would anyone be interested?
Really all I want to do is be able to reimburse myself for the cost of the materials and end up with one for myself.

Thoughts?

Back