Yul Brynner Westworld Sculpts

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
georgieboy26, got you down as well!

Have been tweaking the head sculpt and 2nd face expression - still need to stretch/widen the length of his lips and angle them down at the ends.

SB5rGOA.jpg

The robotic parts inside the sculpt need to be moved further back inside the head, so that the side walls of the sculpt are more accurate. However, doing so means there's not much clearance for the head to fit on bodies with a molded neck, so best option seems to be a sculpted neck added to the sculpt instead.

DsCOK6r.jpg

Also going to widen the lower portion of Yul's jawline, so that his face/front profile is more stockier, refine the details (lines, wrinkles, ear definition). Really want to get this one as nice as can be.

I'll hold off a little longer to get these done instead of using the molds I had made earlier, but have everyone down who has put an order in from the thread and PM's ..also, have a issue with my Form 1 3D printer at the moment (stepper motor isn't peeling between each layer of resin it puts down) but will have the 3D model all worked by the time I get the replacement printer (this will add a week or two).

Always looking for any further suggestions to improve the likeness in the mean time! Shall keep posting up more progress pics as well :)

thanks Georgie! just want to get it as accurate as possible :)

I think it's done! Here are a few pics with the changes, showing the second face. The other face is also shaped to fit on the sculpt as well.

My Form 1 3D printer is due to be picked up by DHL today, and once formlabs receives it they'll send me the replacement. Shouldn't be too long to receive the new printer to make the hard copy, and start new molds/castings.

hTuD8nN.jpg

l12gFr5.jpg

ylhunO3.jpg

KIcO7IW.jpg

Wrw9W5b.jpg

you know it's funny but wgp shut me down about doing westworld said there was no interest in this guy. thanks that put a smile on my face to know i was right,

you know it's funny but wgp shut me down about doing westworld said there was no interest in this guy. thanks that put a smile on my face to know i was right,

That might be because he already had it planned for production and didn't want the competition. I'd started the whole interest list at least a year ago and have been working it since then. WGP finally took on the project a few months ago, with multiple possible options available (poster robot face, movie robot face, normal face, poster robot arm, etc) then Greyrabbit announced his version.

Sean

Last edited:
thanks Georgie! just want to get it as accurate as possible :)

I think it's done! Here are a few pics with the changes, showing the second face. The other face is also shaped to fit on the sculpt as well.

My Form 1 3D printer is due to be picked up by DHL today, and once formlabs receives it they'll send me the replacement. Shouldn't be too long to receive the new printer to make the hard copy, and start new molds/castings.

hTuD8nN.jpg

l12gFr5.jpg

ylhunO3.jpg

KIcO7IW.jpg

Wrw9W5b.jpg

That's really awesome! Eager to see the actual result!

Thanks for all the great feedback, it's really helpful to know from others that I am going in the right direction with how the sculpt / likeness should look. Just waiting on the replacement 3D printer to head my way, bare with me guys :)

Few render pics of the new faces and different angles, also - going for 2 additional face expressions, plus the original angry face from the first version robot head. So that's 3 faces that can be changed on the sculpt.

YANOULI - yes, I have the normal YB head and hat castings available!

Have always wanted a custom yul brynner since I joined the forums, and the only way to get it made after all these years was to make my own lol ..anyhow, I don't mean to tread on anyone's projects, so closing off orders very soon. Which I hope will allow for any other YB interest commissions to go ahead.

mx5yzf3.jpg

75xMQFI.jpg

VCWcV2c.jpg

qROK240.jpg

T9thdRZ.jpg

sAEbKtY.jpg

cwz1AdP.jpg

wD6zQrs.jpg

5D35Pje.jpg

uHBrLMM.jpg

rXK5xtN.jpg

I should add, if there is enough interest - I'll make Josh Bronlin and Richard Benjamin sculpts (they would be much easier/quicker to do than YB Robot sculpt)

rOtkUEp.jpg

05barCO.jpg

I should add, if there is enough interest - I'll make Josh Bronlin and Richard Benjamin sculpts (they would be much easier/quicker to do than YB Robot sculpt)

rOtkUEp.jpg

James Brolin. Josh's dad.

Very cool project. Ordinarily I'd be interested but just too much going on. But if these are around in a month or so I may pick one or both up.

Last edited:
how's I miss that lol thanks Nexus!

My turn around for doing the 3D modeling is around two days, though can go up to a week if there's a lot of tweaking/reworking then it's just a matter of 3D printing and making the molds and castings. Normally without any delays, around 2 weeks to get everything done - good chance I can do both head sculpts in a months time. Also looking into making the winchester 1873 rifle for Yul and the revolvers too :)

https://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Westworld

All done! I'll be getting in touch with everyone who has placed an order over the next couple of days. The castings will be in the grey resin as pictured, and white resin for the hat sculpt as I had made castings of them a while ago.

Gunslinger Robot head includes:

Robot Head Sculpt
Cowboy Hat
3 Face Plates (smiling, neutral, angry expressions)

Disregard the slots on the left and right sides of the head sculpt face opening - those were made just in case the face plates needed to be connected and held in place by tabs on the face edges, I've removed them and sculpt castings will be solid in those areas.

The internal mouth piece is a separate part, which slots into a hole/socket inside the sculpt (easier to paint it separately then insert)

The angry face is not pictured in these latest shots but can be seen on previous photos. All faces fit the robot sculpt.

Orders are now CLOSED.

I will be offering the set in future on eBay only, which will include sculpted boots, Winchester rifle, and Colt SAA (though price will be much higher than what I offered on the forum) - thanks for everyone's interest and support on this one! :)

YvACS0B.jpg

8BOHhDf.jpg

i6mzLMd.jpg

ZsBe9bD.jpg

tUhdqiP.jpg

YOk8EqO.jpg

QCqoATh.jpg

qeA6hqi.jpg

KI8oa4C.jpg

Last edited:
thanks sparkstron! Sorry that you'v missed out on this one, however I'll do another batch once I have all the extras I intend to make for the full / eBay set. There is also another Westworld Gunslinger project that is ongoing, so still a couple of options :)

georgieboy and skyjacker - I have you both on the list and sent PM's, thanks for checking!

I would be interested in boots - please let us know when you have some for sale :)

Back