Yul Brynner Westworld Sculpts

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dubby I'm thinking of 2 options for boots. Can make the boots to fit over feet, or have the boots with sockets inside that connect to ankles. Any preference?

thanks dragonsleeper, might have to do both versions lol ..and yeah, that is the Chris Howes Lee Majors/SMDM sculpt from a few years ago (just added that for scale comparison).

darkshadow thanks! Took some tweaking to get it right. Also, would have finished this weeks ago if the 3D printer did not have to be replaced lol :)

few more pics - started adding enamel primer to one head and face for my own figure :)

9CYZSTw.jpg

aUsx2OA.jpg

ueKHJrT.jpg

Dubby I'm thinking of 2 options for boots. Can make the boots to fit over feet, or have the boots with sockets inside that connect to ankles. Any preference?

For boots, I prefer the ones with sockets :)

thanks dragonsleeper! Howes owes me one too lol!

georgie and groucho - PM's sent :)

Looks like boots with ankle sockets are preferred, shall get on to it and post some renderings. I'll be scouring through the movie to get screen captures of the boots, though please post any close-up reference pics I can work with too!

I'll need some reference pics for the boots, as I am not having much luck getting any good captures from Westworld or Futureworld :(

Have sent a couple of batches of heads out during week for those who have paid, and a couple more orders to post out by Friday.

Another thing I have been doing while not finding any good boots photos lol is an additional face to fit the robot head ..I am going to be posting the new face to everyone who has already paid/got an order in - and there is no extra cost for postage or for the sculpt/casting.

Please let me know of any suggestions to enhance the look, kind of going for the smile Yul has after shooting John Blane (James Brolin) :)

Z3Eb3YV.jpg

PKiNfTX.jpg

Last edited:
replied Jeff and thanks again Georgie! :)

All paid orders have been posted - also just want to add that I have included 2 mouth pieces.

The 1st mouth piece has a flat surface in the center area, whereas with the 2nd one I went back into zbrush to hollow out the same area for some depth so 2 choices of which one to go with. Just thought the hollow mouth opening would add a bit more to the detailing

o5jEy9s.jpg

2mAXMGr.jpg

One thing I'd like to add is that the face plates have a very snug fit on the heads, so I have added some grooves in certain spots around the edges where the faces fit on the head for easy removable and to avoid paint rubs/chafing. Once paint is applied over those spots where I've left visible gaps around, they'll be minimized a fair bit :)

Back