YUNSIL Superman 78- Payments Due June 17th

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: YUNSIL- Superman 78 suit

Indeed it is Tim. Just waiting on the prototype to be shipped to me before throwing up the pictures of it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I really thought that was dead...

Without saying too much, have you at least seen pictures and does it look promisingly?
Yes, I've seen the first prototype which is being corrected to fix some issues I had with it. Once I get a corrected prototype in hand I will post pictures.

It's being re-done right now. I have a new sculptor working on it and hope to share more details soon.

Sorry for the lack of information but I like to have my projects pretty much complete before I show anything so that once they're shown, they are then available to order right away.

It's being re-done right now. I have a new sculptor working on it and hope to share more details soon.

Sorry for the lack of information but I like to have my projects pretty much complete before I show anything so that once they're shown, they are then available to order right away.

Can’t wait Rob. You really can’t rush perfection. I got my HT reeves body ready for this, bring it onn... yeahhh

Rdeezy - will orders be taken beyond the initial interested list? I just missed getting in the interest list in June but hoping the orders list is longer. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, that was just an initial interest list and won't need to be updated any longer since we have quite a few interested.

When orders are ready to be taken the interest list will be converted to a PAID list.

Here's the first prototype suit she sent me pics of. I have asked for the following changes on the next prototype:

S emblem on the chest and cape to be reprinted to not have jagged lines and to the position to be lowered on the chest emblem.

The cape material to be less bulky perhaps and see if it can drap better around the neck

I have sent her belt buckles to be used for the run and the belt will be made of leather

Blue top around the neck to be lowered and less rounded.

Anything else that you guys see that needs to be adjusted?
27723e3476039754baf526fee030b79f.jpg

Thanks for the update!

The material seems a little too thick in general, but that might be solved after the neckline is adjusted. I can't tell if the wrist joints are just jutting out or if she tailored really thick wrist cuffs on. If it's the latter I think that should be adjusted. The shoulder seams look too noticeable and thick as well.

It may just be the lighting, but I think the suit material (particularly the red briefs) should have a slight shine and slickness to the material. I can't tell if spandex material was used for this prototype, but right now it looks like it's more of a stretch cotton material (the neck and shoulder stitching might just be adding to it).

The briefs appear a little large as well.

Yep the cape is far too thick and the s emblem lines are too sharp.

Is the suit the correct shade of blue? Looks off to me.

I have full faith this will be epic however. :)

Thanks guys I'll take these into consideration. The suit wasn't shiny in the film and as far as the stitching this is 1:6 scale only so much can be replicated to capture the look of the 1:1version, as far as seams go. The color to me looks really close and the suit color differs in almost all lighting senarios and shots. Yunsil has assured me the color is as close as she could find. As long as this tops the Hot Toys version I will be more than pleased.

Thats the thing absolutely, as long as this tops the HT.

The fabric S already achieves that and I think a better cape will transform this. Needs to hang and flow. It almost looks wired in those pics but I presume not? (Hope not)

Back