Clothing set Yunsil [TORIBOX] Raiders Indiana Jones Re-run

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I already know it's going to be 100% amazing so I trust her judgment of the choice as she wouldn't just give us something completely off. And she answered my question it's the same fabric and color just darker.

View attachment 434657
This is a pic of my Indy with Yunsil pants. To my eye the pants don’t look the same color as the picture of the sample swatch she sent that represents the original color. That being said, I don’t think there is any reason not to trust her. Lighting really can make a huge difference in how colors look.
I always loved how this looked bud. Going for a similar set up once I get my set. Lol

For me, if it comes in at one or two shades darker than the original pants I'm going to be pretty happy. I think they could actually use being a shade or two darker anyway. 2 thumbs up.

but....

if it comes in looking as dark as it looks in that swatch picture after forking out $1,000 for 2 sets I'm going to be pretty darn upset.

For me, if it comes in at one or two shades darker than the original pants I'm going to be pretty happy. I think they could actually use being a shade or two darker anyway. 2 thumbs up.

but....

if it comes in looking as dark as it looks in that swatch picture after forking out $1,000 for 2 sets I'm going to be pretty darn upset.
I actually suggest that Marf ask Yunsil if she can take pictures of the pants swatch in different light so we can get a good idea how the color looks.

Different lighting, cameras, monitors... You cannot trust on 'em for choosing or distinguishing a colour, I work with Pantones and Rals and such and I always use direct noon sunlight to compare colors, which is the most neutral light -around 5500K artificial light- and even that changes depending on the time of the year, even weather.
If she says that swatch was the original I'm sure it was.
I'm ok with the new one being a bit different in tone.

Ok guys Marf asked me to post this for him as he wasn't able to post it as the imager app isn't working for him. Samples of the pants material it looks like.

Attachments

• received_397340838242365.jpeg
    received_397340838242365.jpeg
    252.1 KB · Views: 152
Ok guys Marf asked me to post this for him as he wasn't able to post it as the imager app isn't working for him. Samples of the pants material it looks like.

You kidding me? These are all the same but in different light ??
They look SO SO different. Crazy huh.

I like the middle row left, the rest look all too dark for me, yet apparently they are all the same so.........

:oops:

After seeing this photo, I believe that yunsil's judgment is correct.
My intuition told me that they are all different until I see the number 64.

I know right. I'm pretty shocked how much lighting makes a difference. I wonder if the original color did something similar?

Insanely unhelpful.

My only thought would be, was there another color she thought was also close to the original color other than "64"? With her saying the middle right picture is most accurate, that's where I see it as a bit too green, same with her first comparison.

I'd probably be fine with that color, but I do wonder if there's not a better tan/gray/brown than that. I've never seen green in Indy's pants.

These two look to be the best color for the pants but I feel like the bottom of the two looks accurate to Raiders pants.

Attachments

• received_397340838242365~2.jpeg
    received_397340838242365~2.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 100
FWIW, this is the first run Indy pants, under different lights in my home.

I present it only to demonstrate that showing the fabric under different lighting conditions isn't going to help anything.
IndyPants.jpg

FWIW - Those first run Yunsil Indy pants look too light (particularly on the photo shown with Universal Key's figure). This new fabric looks better. I've seen an original pair of Indy pants owned by the late Noel Howard who worked with Deborah Nadoolman on Raiders plus Temple of Doom and Last Crusade. The pants in reality are darker than you would expect.

Last edited:
Yes, first run.

Looking at my Yunsil set now, in what I consider normal light, the fabric hits the absolute dead center between gray and brown. I couldn't tell you what one color it actually is.

I think it's only because the movies were set in warm climates, that the pants looked brown, because the colors were warmed up. But if there was ever a scene with Indiana Jones in a snowy mountain, you'd say his pants were gray.

All in all though, the 'new' fabric swatch that Yunsil provided will be good. You can see that it's a very close match to the original, just a shade or two darker. Everyone should be satisfied with that color.

FWIW, this is the first run Indy pants, under different lights in my home.

I present it only to demonstrate that showing the fabric under different lighting conditions isn't going to help anything.
View attachment 434697

That's crazy that the shade of color has such a wide variety of color. I would say the best option is seeing the color in daylight. That would be the most "true" color. The pic of my Indy Dave shared was in daylight.

FWIW - Those first run Yunsil Indy pants look too light (particularly on the photo shown with Universal Key's figure). This new fabric looks better. I've seen an original pair of Indy pants owned by the late Noel Howard who worked with Deborah Nadoolman on Raiders plus Temple of Doom and Last Crusade. The pants in reality are darker than you would expect.
This should ease a lot of the worry for many folks. I'm looking forward to seeing this new set. Looks to be better than the 1st run. Especially with the shirt buttons and the (hopefully) correct color pants. 😉

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I suppose the lighting pictures show that we need to trust Yunsil’s judgement, if nothing else.

I am going to tell her to proceed. If anyone is unhappy with the final product in hand, I’m sure you’ll have absolutely no problem finding a buyer for the set. ;)

Back