1/6 Custom - CAPTAIN SALAZAR - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BusinessDog

Just a little freaky
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Here is one of my latest custom figures I thought I'd share here: Captain Salazar!

myyq1G8.jpg

Seriously, he is one of the coolest looking villains I have seen in a long time. His overall design and the way the animators worked on him (and the rest of his crew) still blows my mind
dizzy.gif

Huge thanks again to Peter the Painter for delivering an awesome headsculpt for me to work with! Always a pleasure doing business with you, sir!!

The first job was to replicate the uniform from the ground up. It was very time consuming, but I wasn't too fussed with it looking perfectly neat- I knew I was going to completely grunge it up and destroy it eventually! Even though it would break my heart. It's such a sweet looking uniform anyway!

d3GNFPs.jpg

Aaaaand my heart breaks.......

iuWrUFI.jpg

---------------------------
And much more work later:

B6fcr9U.jpg

HSMhjLb.jpg

I put some strips of wire inside the bottom coat shreds and bent them upward.

MUk6M4g.jpg

I was undecided for a while whether or not I should have his hair down or lift it all up. I chose to go with the latter and have it all wooshed to the side in a very unnatural looking way. I really wanted to showcase that big, gross chunk missing from the left side of his head and all of Peter's detailing around that area.

OjiCe4q.jpg

hFWPUsm.jpg

The display stand was stolen from the Hot Toys Jack Sparrow DX15. Looks better with Salazar anyway with his zombie shark and all.

6VkqaRA.jpg

Oh man oh man.... that looks outstanding!!!!

Beautiful work. I don't think I could have gone the distance and dirtied him up like you did, but he looks even more amazing once you did. Really impressive work. You have my admiration!

Back