GalactiCustoms! New Paint Tutorial- Mixing Skin Tones!!!

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Deckard!!!

Thanks man :duff. The bandoleer is going to look awesome on Chewie :rock

Chewbacca is turely impressive man!! Decked looks great too.

Thanks Fangs, he's a figure that you can pretty much adjust endlessly. And everytime you touch him you need to reposition the fur :lol Making this figure actually helps me understand why Sideshow might be reluctant to tackle Chewbacca.

Here's a Rick Deckard I worked on yesterday, I still have some futzing to do but I'm pretty happy with the result.

The outfit and gun are from the original "Android Hunter" figure. The head is from the Sidshow Indy and I (like others) choppped of his hair and resculpted new Deckardish hair and painted him up.

decka.jpg

deckb.jpg

deckd.jpg

deckc.jpg

And for fun 2 WIP photos:
It's funny how much the Sideshow paint threw off the likeness... just a solid basecoat and Ford comes through so much more:​
f46f0cb4.jpg
2ffa50ee.jpg

Great work GB. :clap I have the original figure and it really just needs a better head and maybe a body to be a really great figure. Your work here gives me hope it can be done, congrats. :hi5:

Awesome pieces:clap:clap:clap any more pics of Mumm-Ra?

Yeah, I have a few in my photobucket account. I'll post some tomorrow. I made a Monkian at around the same time.

Really like what you did with Evil Ash! Ghostbusters look great also, keep up the good work!

Great idea for the Indy to Deckard head! Great work!

Really like what you did with Evil Ash! Ghostbusters look great also, keep up the good work!

Thanks, I'm very happy with the Evil Ash figure... once I started upgrading the other ones he really stuck out. But now fits in quite well.

Great idea for the Indy to Deckard head! Great work!

Thanks, although I can't take credit for it. I think w/in a month of Indy being released the first one was done and I'm just riding coattails :lol

Wow i remember seeing all those customs years ago.

I never realized you made than great work mate :rock

Thanks man, here's some more pics... but do be kind as this custom is 4 years old :lol

mumm-rarobeb.jpg

mumm-rarobee.jpg

mumm-rafinald.jpg

Without his robes... I was able to maintain most of his articulation. Too bad all that work was done on a Buck body...​
mumm-rabanb.jpg

And a few of Monkian:​
monkianh.jpg

monkiana.jpg

monkiann.jpg

:lol Yeah, that was as far as I got in making Thundercats figures. Most every one else had too complicated of a costume and I ran out of steam.

Although I'm actually starting on a Mumm-Ra 2.0, I've got the sculpt roughed out and supplies to get him finished. Just need to find the time.

Great work GB. :clap I have the original figure and it really just needs a better head and maybe a body to be a really great figure. Your work here gives me hope it can be done, congrats. :hi5:

Yep, you're right about that... I did change the belt and shoes as those were pretty bad. I may end up also changing the pants as these are a little short, but for now they're good enough.

I put Deckard on one of the knock-off HT bodies... although I might end up using a Pro 1.1 as I think it would work a bit better with the clothing.

Re: Galactiboy's Customs and Kitbashes of Terror!!! Mumm-Ra 2.0 WIP!!!

Here's the start of my 2nd go at Mumm-Ra. I'm hoping for a more refined looking figure by the time I'm done with him, we'll see how it pans out :lol

8b14311e.jpg

I don't check in on threads often... but I thought I would chime in really quick... Dude, you are doing fantastic work! You have come sooo far since I was last here. That Chewie is a stunning work of art, you should be very proud of that one.

Keep it up Joe, I'm really glad you are pushing forward into customs!

I don't check in on threads often... but I thought I would chime in really quick... Dude, you are doing fantastic work! You have come sooo far since I was last here. That Chewie is a stunning work of art, you should be very proud of that one.

Keep it up Joe, I'm really glad you are pushing forward into customs!

Thanks man, I've been pretty inconsistent with working on things over the last couple of years. Usually 1 or 2 figures and then nothing for a few months. So my queue got pretty long :lol

i want that CHewie!!!!...GIVE ME!!!

To be perfectly honest it's a doable custom for most people... just pretty time consuming. If you want info on making one send me a PM and I can tell you what to do.

wow, love that mumra :rock looks nice and sinister!

Thanks man, I'm pretty happy with him so far. I took the morning off and have been working on the wraps... last time I used ribbon so this time I'm going with strips of musslin to get a better less uniform look.

This is what I've done so far today...

552b4ecd.jpg

Made a bit more progress on Mumm-Ra. I was worried about the wrists looking bad but I was able to completely hide them and retain articulation. And really overall he's still quite poseable with the excelpt of some restriction around the hips and shoulders.

154e25fe.jpg

1339189a.jpg

Back