1/6 "Weird Al" Yankovic **Tracking Numbers Added**

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: *Update* 04/07/12 1/6 1980's "Weird Al" Yankovic

The Ken shirts fit great on a slim and I'm sure they will fit on a narrow too. On ebay do a search for Surf's up steve or steven. He has a green shirt that i think looks great. Thats the shirt I almost got but I found Surfs up ken for a good deal.

https://www.facetsbymarcia.com/wigshop45.htm

I contacted her by email told her what I was doing and she recommended the Heather wig. Its about halfway down this page. Just email her and tell her your doing the "Weird Al" figure as well. I told her I was going to send more people her way.

Great find Johnny, really looking forward to the first wip. Need to find glasses now.

I was going to post a link to the ones I ordered but they are all sold. If I find anymore I'll post a link.

Does the light brown look too light to anyone else? The style works, but I'm not sold on the color yet.

I agree, I asked her about the dark brown, which she thought was really close to black.

I'm doing an 'Eat It' bash that would suit the darker wig anyway. My Hawaiian needs a more natural look.

She told me light as well. I went with it. Some pics his hair looks lighter and some darker. I guess its just a lighting thing.

On another note. I'm trying to get into the 1/6 painting gig. I'm thinking about $25 + 5 for shipping but anyone ordering an Al head I'll give a $5 discount. $25 shipped for a painted head. You can see some of my paint work here.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108776

I also though about doing group shipping to save on cost.

Here are some options for this head.

Order from Amnur shipped directly to you $35 head $25 shipping total $60
Order from Amnur group shipping $40 head. Then shipped to me $5 to me for shipping. $45 total.
#3 Same as option #2 but I paint the head add $20 total $65.

Just thought I'd make these offers. I still need to talk with Amnur about group shipping but It's been popular with his last few releases.

If I receive the heads It will either be pay Amnur $40 and me $5 or Amnur $35 and me $10. I'm trying to find out which he prefers. If he takes $35 I'll pay for the $25 out of pocket and everyone pays me when I recieve the heads. It'll be a $15 cheaper than paying the $25. I'm trying to get all the details from Amnur.

I received the wig today. Its going to need work. It looks thick as is and its going to need alot of futzing. I think it'll work it just needs some tlc. I'll post pics later.

As promised her is the wig. Still needs work but better now.
Ladies and gentlemen Bruce Willis starring in "Dare to be Stupid - The Weird AL Story"
img1491v.jpg

img1492t.jpg

scaled.php

I had an extra John Mcclane head and I quickly scribbled a mustache on with a sharpie.:cuckoo::panic::yess:

Re: 1/6 "Weird Al" Yankovic

Yeah that wig looks like it needs a lot of work. Maybe some futzing to bring it down to size.

I think it may need some trim work and maybe something to give it some weight.

lol I wasn't going to recommend trimming straight away but as long as you know what your doing.

Will you be making a tutorial on the wig modifications or will your customers send their wig to you for customisation?

I was hoping people would try their own techniques out. If I figure out something I'll gladly share it. If the wig doesn't work I may go the mohair route discussed earlier. It will be more work but it may look better.

Yeah, I had considered that one too. Thats the one thing I hate about this hobby is all the trail and error. I'm still going to try to make it work.

Did some more work. I think it looks alot better. I'll still do some more.

img1502qr.jpg

img1501ag.jpg

img1498t.jpg

img1499no.jpg

I've seen wip pics and they are looking great. I promised Amnur I wouldn't show them yet, but he should be done soon. :panic::yess:

Johnny, that wig is way out of scale, that is easily 1/5 or 1/4 scale, I don't think you'll be happy with that in the long run. I'm going to see if I can find some other options for us this week. Still need to look into the lamb hair option too.

Back