Clothing set (CLOSED) BATCH 2 LN [RISE] INDIANA JONES RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK JACKET & CLOTHES SET - FINISHED

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good. Are you able to wrinkle up (just a little) the jacket sleeves? I think that would really help with the look.
Thanks. I tried some to get that wrinkle effect I see on other ppls jackets, even when weathering so that it could at least have the illusion that it was wrinkled, but the sleeves taper to the opening so it was a bit tight to try to do so. Not going to lie though, I was a little nervous since the leather is so thin. Didn’t want to accidentally tear or poke a hole. I’ll definitely try again later after the “newness” has worn off though. As it is right now, the leather wants to crinkle instead of wrinkle if that makes sense. I had to steam and pull them leather at the shoulder part of the left sleeve to get it to look a bit more smooth b/c it was very crinkled there

edit: I should clarify, I think the sleeve length is pretty perfect, my minor critique about length was regarding the bottom of the jacket itself. But again it’s minor, and that can very well be me having looked at the HT for so long. I admittedly don’t know anything about accuracy when it comes to Indy. Just go by what looks right in my head lol but I’m by no means unhappy. Quite the contrary. I can’t stop looking at him now.

Last edited:
Nice upgrades, Gipetto!
Thanks TonTon! Wouldn’t be possible without your awesome gun belt! Got some metal buckles on the way to complete the leather strap for the bag and this guy will be complete (for now). I may have the Indy bug now though :eek:

Quick question: Does anyone have an issue where the leather jacket got stuck to itself in transit and upon gentle separation results in small patches of surface leather peeled off? I unfortunately encountered that issue with mine.. was wondering if I should condition or oil the leather? Any recommendations? Thanks again!

Quick question: Does anyone have an issue where the leather jacket got stuck to itself in transit and upon gentle separation results in small patches of surface leather peeled off? I unfortunately encountered that issue with mine.. was wondering if I should condition or oil the leather? Any recommendations? Thanks again!
Yes, I had that. I just used some leather conditioner on mine and it's all good now - you don't even notice them (luckily they were on the back of the jacket)

I had this issue on mine as well. Luckily it was minor but I might still go in with some Angelus dark brown leather paint. It was on the left underarm that was super crinkled.

To answer your question: What I did before doing any modding/weathering was apply some car care for leather upholstery with a soft paint brush and let that dry for about an hour or so. Once it felt dry enough, I used a leather duller (to bring down the shine) that is also a sealer so now, I'm not too worried about anything pealing.
Looks great, @Gipetto0812. I see you’re in Dallas too. Nice to see a local on here:)
Thanks Mechanized! yessir! born and raised! 😁 Don't see too many fellow collectors also in/from Dallas.

Last edited:
Made some final adjustments to the jacket coloration. I think I'm satisfied now.
20211119_052551.jpg

Various mixes of enamel paints formulated specifically for leather. It took a bit of trial and error to get there, mind you. I wanted to get closer to the unmodified color used in the Iris set's jacket. The Raiders jacket can appear various shades on screen and in stills, but the one I gravitated towards was that dusty, almost greyish-hued brown. Sort of a faded dark chocolate if you will.

Just want to remind there are 3 more people who I PMed but not responding for final payment. I hope all of you are well.

Back