(Cult King) One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest: R.P. McMurphy

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even the jacket is just.. too soft and puffy looking. No detailing or texture maybe some weathering will fix it up..
728aad35a9dde118ecd6280a26704858.jpg

fac193187d61471004e20435c86fdcc8.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fully agree with you Ed. And using the cloth beanie on top the sculpt just isn't working I think. It's too big and bulky. I wish they would've just done 2 sculpts instead. Cloth beanies can work like with Johnnys Training Rocky but the sculpt has to be made to fit.

Fully agree with you Ed. And using the cloth beanie on top the sculpt just isn't working I think. It's too big and bulky. I wish they would've just done 2 sculpts instead. Cloth beanies can work like with Johnnys Training Rocky but the sculpt has to be made to fit.

yeah man.. you know how much i love this film and was praying for cult king to get there **** together on this one. almost always need a repaint and outfit replacement. the beanie is just... itd be laughable if i wasnt so distraught. I just dont see where this is worth DX money.

I've just checked out the pictures for this and it kind of feels like:

monkey-ape-trying-to-kick-babys-head-13905887698.gif

I can't believe the jacket is jet black, rather than brown. That's a massive mistake right off the bat. Hopefully it will be rectified as it throws the entire look off from the outset. It also looks too large and loose fitting.

The open mouthed, slack jawed sculpt still comes over much too derpy looking for McMurphy in my opinion and the beanie..... the beanie :slap... (although I was definitely wanting that look covered; preferably by including a second sculpt for the DX) isn't doing it any favours whatsoever.

v7naLfW.gif

On the plus side...err...glad the white ward wear was included.

Hate criticising like this, but I'm really disappointed by this one.

Dang I was really looking forward to this set
The headsculpt is just a bit off in the mouth area
I wonder if the QA has slipped a bit with too many releases

How does this not have hair instead of sculpted? There are very few times in the entire film McMurphy's hair isn't messed up at least a little bit. Hair would've solved the beanie issue as well, a much tighter fitting hat could've been made and it would've looked fine. The jacket and expression of the sculpt are just major fails, to put it bluntly.

I don't think Cult King could pull that off. No doubt their artists could, but it would be a nightmare to produce and send out.

Probably, but then you get to a point where the old "if you can't do it right, don't do it at all" comes into play. There aren't many, if any, happy with this so I'm thinking they just wasted their time by doing it pretty much all wrong.

I always thought the mouth was off and looking at the most recent picture, what is with the corner of the mouth dropping down on one side?

After looking at all the pics I'm not keen on this release at all. From the flaws in the headsculpt to the cheap clothing and the hidious beenie hat :slap definately should have gone with a second sculpt.
I can't believe the colour of the jacket obviously the CK team have movie shots to work from and I have no idea how the jacket turned out black which in turn also looks made with a cheap material and sits nothing like in the movie. A pass for me :(

Rather than moan about it has anyone spoken with Cultking? Less face it it's not gonna hurt him to correct the outfit infact it might increase sales, the beanie looks fine it's hard to get that right without sculpting it.

Just voice your thoughts to cult king and I'm sure he'll correct them as right now it looks like it's gonna be another poor sales piece!
Only piece so far that has looked stunning and I wanted is The Mask!

I don't think the beanie looks fine. If it cannot be right, It needs to be sculpted as Ike-con mentioned. Sculpt another head for beanie like Johnny did for Rocky...

I think the clothing is really letting this release down. It is coming across like one of those "cheaper" $165 release companies doing all the movies.

I am happy the the sculpt - I am sure with a revised paint job it will be amazing!

The beanie is not even worth doing imo looking like that. Clothing needs a redo to be honest. Jacket is the worst and the most important.

It's a shame,I actually just saw the pictures today for the first time of r.p and was very sad to see the job done on his Jacket along with the mental pose with short sleeves. The only pose I could say was o.k was the mental pose with long sleeves,big let down.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I am happy the the sculpt - I am sure with a revised paint job it will be amazing!

The beanie is not even worth doing imo looking like that. Clothing needs a redo to be honest. Jacket is the worst and the most important.

They are changing the jacket, it was posted on facebook yesterday bud.

Back