(Cult King) One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest: R.P. McMurphy

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think the angle the head is being held at helps matters, but there's certainly something off putting about the mouth area. Also not a fan of the flash of top teeth. Looks almost like what was done for the Johnny Ringo figure, but at least there it was appropriate. This is Jack Nicholson. It's either a sneer or full on, wide, s**t kicking grin. No goofiness allowed.

Not sure what was used for reference, but I'm guessing maybe something like this:

51Ebe39TUVL.jpg

oneFlewOverTheCuckoosNest.jpg

Also, I've got no idea what outfit option has been chosen at this point. I was hoping for the signature brown flight jacket and denims. The thinking behind that (beyond it being the look I automatically think of when I picture McMurphy) being the white hospital scrubs would be easier to get together yourself somewhere down the line, for those who wanted.

As far as I know, it should be going up for pre-order in October, so guess we'll find out then.

I think if you go back and look at the profile shots of the unpainted head you'll feel much better about the proportions of the lower face. The painted shot is a candid shot, probably taken with a phone, and probably distorted.

The unpainted sculpt looks spot on, but the painted sculpt looks terrible imo. It's got to be the paint job throwing it off.

Im thinking a repaint would straighten this right out, but i wouldve liked to see the Beanie look with a pissed mcmurphy expression or full iconic jack smile. Hopefully its in the works maybe for a Dx Sculpt?
Something along the lines of this..

xFaG2.jpg

Attachments

• 1jack-nicholson-as-randle-mcmurphy.jpg
    1jack-nicholson-as-randle-mcmurphy.jpg
    19 KB
Im thinking a repaint would straighten this right out, but i wouldve liked to see the Beanie look with a pissed mcmurphy expression or full iconic jack smile. Hopefully its in the works maybe for a Dx Sculpt?
Something along the lines of this..

View attachment 293605

Yes! The pissed off look is the one I was hoping for, and I agree with the beanie look.

Was wanting to like this set but between the sculpt issues and the clothing -fit, material used on jacket and color. I'm just not feeling it:/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was wanting to like this set but between the sculpt issues and the clothing -fit, material used on jacket and color. I'm just not feeling it:/

I agree, man. I was bummed when the old Mcmurphy project was cancelled but then cult King stepped up to the plate. Amazing unpainted sculpt, looking good. The painted one shown is ehh but passable I guess. these clothes look so low quality (in comparison to blondie outfit, or bills for example) The outfit to look decent is gonna have to be weathered big time and headsculpt repainted to try and bring out that likeness seen in the unpainted one. I'm just disappointed but these issues are no strangers to cult King as the last few PO's have been bummers imo.

Back