Custom Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker ROTJ 1/6

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just do it like a band aid. One motion. Right off!

Once your Jedi Luke with an HT head is on the shelf you'll forgot all about ole bobble.
:exactly::goodpost::lecture

but he was the first.............and you never forget your first...........:monkey2

:lol

Yeah, that sounds likely.

Now I just need to find a HT head at a decent price, or buy a 2nd one and part him out :huh

I was thinking about doing that... but I was lucky enough to score an extra head from TA...

That's true. The moonlit walks. Candlelight dinners. The midnight bubble ba...Wait. We are still talking about SS Luke, right?

:horror

It's funny because when I was changing clothes between Lukes, my wife said: "Why is your SS Luke wearing a diaper?" I forgot I had added a tissue to cover the hips so they suit didn't look all that weird... :lol oh, the memories...

Here is my updated paint job on the Medi wig.
u3ymepet.jpg
y2a6e8eh.jpg
6a8u3y5y.jpg

The flash really show the imperfections. Still a lot of work to do on it.

Looking better and better :) Very awesome looking. Do you still plan on offering them?

this looks way better than the deer caught in head lights look that sideshow made.,was a good likness but that expression was totally wrong.this version ..wayyy better!

Looking better and better :) Very awesome looking. Do you still plan on offering them?

Yes. Rory is also working on one as well. Ill be picking one up of his when he is done with it and compare with mine to see which one I like better.

I still have a lot of work to do on this to make it fit properly but it will be soon.

Fantastic! I like that you and Rory are both offering excellent options. As for the fit, the thing that stands out the most from the pictures is that the wig sits a little to high on Luke's head. It was a little lower in ROTJ. Lowering the wig may also make his face look less long.

Reference:

2012-05-04-jedi_luke_balcony.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work, jedijim.

Question: what gloved hands are you guys using for Luke's right hand?

Nice work, jedijim.

Question: what gloved hands are you guys using for Luke's right hand?

Medicom Jedi Luke gloved hand. Pretty much everything medicom is good for this. You may want to upgrade the belt, the saber, or the cloak to sideshow but I think Rorys mod of the HT belt is the best.

Fantastic! I like that you and Rory are both offering excellent options. As for the fit, the thing that stands out the most from the pictures is that the wig sits a little to high on Luke's head. It was a little lower in ROTJ. Lowering the wig may also make his face look less long.

Reference:

2012-05-04-jedi_luke_balcony.jpg

Yeah it's kind of a trade-off. If you lower the wig down too much it makes the top of the head look squatty and not round enough. Like he has the top of his head chopped off. I'll take a few pics with the wig lowered down to see what you guys think.

Here is my updated paint job on the Medi wig.
u3ymepet.jpg
y2a6e8eh.jpg
6a8u3y5y.jpg

The flash really show the imperfections. Still a lot of work to do on it.

Man that is one incredible ROTJ Luke. :eek Wish I had been able to get my grubby mitts on one of those heads. Anyhow, Luke looks great. The choice to use the Medicom outfit makes it that much better. Really can't wait to see the finished product. Hats off to you sir!!

Medicom Jedi Luke gloved hand. Pretty much everything medicom is good for this. You may want to upgrade the belt, the saber, or the cloak to sideshow but I think Rorys mod of the HT belt is the best.

Thanks. Yeah I managed to snag a Medi Jedi Luke a couple days ago for a pretty good price. I also bought an extra HT belt. I don't plan on using the cloak.

Later today I'm going to try my hand at sculpting a hairpiece for Luke. It's my first time sculpting anything seriously for a figure, so this should be interesting. :lol

If it doesn't work out, I'll fall back on what you did and use the hair from the Medi Luke.

About your paint job on the medi wig, jedijim, what color did you go with? Dark brown base and a black wash?

Actually I used a black base with a brown wash. I put the darker colors in the valleys between the hills of the hair. Then just dry brushed the brown over it so as to not get it in the valleys so much to add the shadow effect. I also blended a pastel yellow into the brown on some parts which give it a bit more highlights and depth.

Back