[DoggieDoc] TAKING BALANCES: Edition size set at 35 Pulp Fiction light up briefcase and chrome pistols sets

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DSC04375.JPG
DSC04374.JPG

Attachments

• DSC04377.JPG
    DSC04377.JPG
    410.1 KB · Views: 55
Hello, everyone!
All wiring and soldering is now complete on the briefcases! I have to put all the hinges together and then I just need to finish the guns. Home stretch!

Awesome bro! Loving seeing this come together thanks for all the updates on your progress. Getting me pumped to receive the set!!
Thank you, Ray.

To that end I'd like to provide another update. The briefcases are nearly done, but there will be a small hiccup. After painting and applying the lower portion of the hardware (the number lock portion) I realized I was unhappy with the final look. The color is too dark in my opinion, not metallic enough, and the hardware doesn't look nearly as clean as the prototype.

As a result I have made the decision to remove ALL the currently applied hardware pieces, order new prints, that are higher resolution, and I will be applying a new paint job to those and the clasp portions I am currently assembling.

I WILL NOT send out pieces to YOU guys that I, myself, am not 100% satisfied with. I will happily eat that cost in order for you all to receive the best version of what I can do. The good news is my 3D printer was able to get me in immediately so there will be little to no delay on completing the sets, because while I wait for those pieces I can finish the other parts of the hardware and get the guns going.

As always thanks for your support everyone, I'm excited these are nearing the finish line.

Thank you, Ray.

To that end I'd like to provide another update. The briefcases are nearly done, but there will be a small hiccup. After painting and applying the lower portion of the hardware (the number lock portion) I realized I was unhappy with the final look. The color is too dark in my opinion, not metallic enough, and the hardware doesn't look nearly as clean as the prototype.

As a result I have made the decision to remove ALL the currently applied hardware pieces, order new prints, that are higher resolution, and I will be applying a new paint job to those and the clasp portions I am currently assembling.

I WILL NOT send out pieces to YOU guys that I, myself, am not 100% satisfied with. I will happily eat that cost in order for you all to receive the best version of what I can do. The good news is my 3D printer was able to get me in immediately so there will be little to no delay on completing the sets, because while I wait for those pieces I can finish the other parts of the hardware and get the guns going.

As always thanks for your support everyone, I'm excited these are nearing the finish line.

wow you are crazy :p(y)

Thank you, Ray.

Stunning stuff

Upper hardware is painted. Really happy with the vastly improved color and the appearance of actual metal. Just waiting on the replacement lower hardware and painting will be very fast now that I've worked out the technique.

DSC04413.JPG

The new hardware prints have arrived and I have sanded and cleaned them. They should paint up rather quickly so the briefcases are almost complete. The guns will be much quicker once the briefcases are done so we're almost home!

And here is the first briefcase completed with the new hardware. I tried to showcase the latches a little bit, of course. They are "functional" in that the open and close so when the briefcase is open they look more naturally open, but they don't actually latch or anything. The briefcase is held closed with magnets.

88011916_222219598909675_5412927500529434624_n.jpg
87983811_1015692332145969_4215614489556418560_n.jpg
88248266_184319452994461_9115801437010395136_n.jpg
88344323_2816792621748377_6389818881451491328_n.jpg

Attachments

• 87719170_201832440925820_5072770591811960832_n.jpg
    87719170_201832440925820_5072770591811960832_n.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 55
Back