Eastwood/Fistful of Dollars style Ponchos

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

Feezle

Apparently I'm the poncho guy now. :)

Someone saw my Daryl poncho and asked if I could do one in the style of Eastwood's poncho. Sure, why not?

These will be sublimated on velour. As you can see, weathering is built into the pattern. I can do them without too though. I would think the best way to go would just be printing the reverse side with the matching color but not the pattern. I'm interested in opinions though.

Here are the colors that were requested but I can do whatever.

brown_zps16f42cf5.jpg

green_zpsb2dc1c42.jpg

red_zps3520d02c.jpg

There will be a slit in the middle for the head hole.

I'm thinking $35 shipped.

Any interest?

Interested, but what about the tassels? The pattern should be on both sides.

I can do the pattern on both sides. Not really interested in doing the tassels. They can be added afterwards if desired. Not going for total accuracy here, just some cool looking ponchos for customs.

WIll be interested to see how they turn out, but agree the pattern should be on both sides.
Good price, how does the material hang?

WIll be interested to see how they turn out, but agree the pattern should be on both sides.
Good price, how does the material hang?

Good question. And how does the ink hold up to water? I usually spray fabric with water and then shape it how I want it to fold Will this be ok?

Eric

It will hold up fine to water. The Daryl ponchos hang well but they have a top stitch on the shoulder. I'm going to press one of these soon and I'll post pics.

Meh....

First off, that used a LOT more ink than I was thinking it would. Sublimation ink is expensive as hell and I really don't think I want to blow through it this fast. If anybody did want any of these, I would have to send them to my printer to get the transfers. That is going to up the price.

Secondly, I'm not happy with the velor for this. It worked for Daryl because his poncho is tan. With these ponchos being solid darker colors, when the velor shifts, you see a lot of tan. It does give it a bit of a rustic look but it is not like the original was.

Thirdly, due to the fact that these don't have the top stitch, they don't lay nearly as well as the Daryl ones.

IMG_2441_zps27da1505.jpg

I will honor the $35 price for this one to MisterToyNYC if he still wants it. I can't do any more at that price though. If I sent them to my printer, we are probably looking at $50 shipped. I know there are other options out there for this poncho so I doubt there would be enough interest at that price. I will leave this up here though, just in case. I'm willing to do it if there are people who want it. I can even check out some different fabrics that aren't so fluffy (that is the technical term I will use).

And yes, I know Luke Skywalker has no business wearing a Clint Eastwood poncho. I don't collect figures and he is the only one I have.

Back