Heisenberg 'Say My Name' (Clothing Outfit)

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With full respect to both parties whome I love, I have to second that Yunsi *should* have the upper hand. Compared to the early work Denny and co have surpassed her but in terms of her later work, not so. She still holds an upper hand.

That being said I have to say I was pretty let down with the WIP pics, they need a lot of work and as long as she is fixing it then it will be all good, I hold out hope.

Yunsils work may very well be better than Denny's tailors. HOWEVER it's also more expensive and has taken a longer time than it should have

In all seriousness she shouldn't have accepted payment if she was going to take this long. If she had waited to accept payment until she was ready I personally --knowing that Trev and Iminime are about to release a fullset Walt-- wouldn't have gone in on this. It's like I'm already buying an obsolete product. The quality better be top notch because the WIP I saw was not.

Yunsils work may very well be better than Denny's tailors. HOWEVER it's also more expensive and has taken a longer time than it should have

With respect to Denny, hasn't Iminime taken longer than expected on basically every one of their projects? Don't they require full payment at PO? I've paid in full for Iminime figs and most times don't get them for 5-8 months. I'm not saying anything against that and I accept that's the way it is and I'm cool with that; I just not know why you would make inaccurate comments like that. Not only inaccurate but contradictory of the methods that the company you are affiliated with employs. I really like Iminime tailoring but let's be honest, Yunsil's stuff is on par with Kato's and it's really not much more than what Iminime charges for a clothes set. I paid $250 for Rocky's gear and that jacket is one of the top quality 1/6 custom bits that I own

Since I've been on board Denny has programmed releases to be 6 months from PO. That's announced from the beginning. The only significant delays were with the TWD as those were the first to included 3D printed accessories. And besides 6 months for an action figure FULLSET is actually pretty much on the fast side of industry.

Oh and NO.... Yunsils stuff although nice is NOT on par with Katos. Not even close. Kato is in a league by himself. In fact I would say Imjnime is closer to yunsil than she is to kato

And lastly just because I'm an Iminime rep doesn't mean I can't express my dissatisfaction with something. I'm a paying customer.

Definitely wouldn't say Yunsil is on par with Kato. :nono

Iminime's tailoring isn't as nice as Yunsil either. But I believe it's getting there. Really soon too. :)

despite the quality difference ,if iminime announced their BB project at the same time as this project ,i believe this project would have been a bust. the money that would have been saved would have out weighed yunsil's quality.

Pulp fiction duo. And those suits aren't even CLOSE to my custom Wayne, Draper and Roger Sterling suits. That's apples to apples. Satisfied?

I knew that you were going to say the Pulp boys. That is easily the worst example of her work that I could think of and in the big scheme of things... it's STILL very good. The only place she went wrong was by making Vince's pants way too long. Aside from that all the top quality components are there in overall design including thin lapels, crisp collars and even a mock pinch to simulate Jules' tie clip. I think a lot of appreciation for those suits gets lost in their simplicity. They are by no means second rate and are still top shelf bits.

If you want to compare apples to apples, look at things like Rocky's or Anton's jackets, or ANYTHING that comes in any Bickle set; especially the Lee jeans which are easily Kato level

despite the quality difference ,if iminime announced their BB project at the same time as this project ,i believe this project would have been a bust. the money that would have been saved would have out weighed yunsil's quality.

My only real regret on this project is the outfit choice. When I signed up for this I was still watching S3. Now I have 4 eps to go before I finish and I'm savoring them :lol. Now that I've nearly reached the end of the road I think that a look that goes with the pork pie would've been a better choice from a figure standpoint. I actually thought that originally (but now it's confirmed) as well but I was just going with the crowds vote because everyone else was finished watching.

This is very true. I wouldnt have felt so bad if this set had been delivered before the BrBa announcement though. The fact that the Iminime announcement is now here makes me regret spending the money on this. Now maybe the final product will convince me otherwise.... but until then thats the way i feel.

I knew that you were going to say the Pulp boys. That is easily the worst example of her work that I could think of and in the big scheme of things... it's STILL very good. The only place she went wrong was by making Vince's pants way too long. Aside from that all the top quality components are there in overall design including thin lapels, crisp collars and even a mock pinch to simulate Jules' tie clip. I think a lot of appreciation for those suits gets lost in their simplicity. They are by no means second rate and are still top shelf bits.

If you want to compare apples to apples, look at things like Rocky's or Anton's jackets, or ANYTHING that comes in any Bickle set; especially the Lee jeans which are easily Kato level

I still believe the suit is the gold standard of 1/6 tailoring. Jactets, jeans, t-shirts are all relatively loose in fit. However suit tailoring must be tight to the body and sharp in its lines.

Yunsil will come through on this set. I agree the proto didn't look great but she'll fix it she always does :).

As far as the whole Yunsil/Iminime/Kato argument goes this is how I see it.

Kato is top of the pile why? His suits I agree with Wake the quality of those items are insane and it's clear nobody else can come close to replicating them. The rest of Katos gear i.e t shirts, pants, shirts etc etc are no better than Yunsil she is right up there with Kato in every instance bar the suits.

Iminime are coming on leaps and bounds but they are still way way back for me. I'm not talking about there early figs thats not a fair comparison. I'm talking about their new figs I own (or have seen in detail in hand) i.e Wallstreet Killer, Cowboy, Daryl Dixon. As good as the tailoring is on those and as huge a step forward it is from the early sets its way off Yunsil and Kato for me. I have every faith no scratch that I expect Denny and co to reach that level I know they will but they haven't yet.

As an all rounded value for money (comparitively for what you get) clothing Yunsil is king. If you want the best possible (pretty much perfection) it has to be Kato.

Iminimes strongest element for me is the sculpts and painting no question.

I will refund you Wake :duff

I will have your set, not a problem.

gotta chime in here...I've been waiting for this since the beginning, and having bought the rocky set from CKM, I know the quality is going to be there. However, does it compare to Iminime's upcoming release I have no idea, I am not even sure if Iminime is planning to tackle on this exact "say my name" look? If they are, I'm heavily disappointed by the fact that we have to wait so long for this because I am getting the Iminime release, but now it makes my bash obsolete.

I know it's my problem if we plan on getting iminime's release and we will get what we paid for but maybe next time Yunsil can collect money closer to the actual date of completion so I can better explore my options. :(

I will refund you Wake :duff

I will have your set, not a problem.

gotta chime in here...I've been waiting for this since the beginning, and having bought the rocky set from CKM, I know the quality is going to be there. However, does it compare to Iminime's upcoming release I have no idea, I am not even sure if Iminime is planning to tackle on this exact "say my name" look? If they are, I'm heavily disappointed by the fact that we have to wait so long for this because I am getting the Iminime release, but now it makes my bash obsolete.

I know it's my problem if we plan on getting iminime's release and we will get what we paid for but maybe next time Yunsil can collect money closer to the actual date of completion so I can better explore my options. :(

The fact the custom section will be moving to the commerce section in the near future, this may actually be a requirement .

A few things.

Initially when I set out to get this clothing made by Yunsil I contemplated getting it for myself only. I then decided it would be best to offer it to your guys as I know the passion for Walt is there and the clothing available is poor to say the least.

Secondly, before I even approached Yunsil, I approached Denny. I asked if he would consider making Walt and he didn't even know who he was let alone consider making him.

If I had gone on to commission it myself what a s__t storm that would have turned out to be! I have been there before and I didn't want to tread that path again.

It is in no way my fault or Yunsil's for that matter that Wake has since convinced Iminime and Denny to tackle him.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't!!

Some of you are unbelievable!

A few things.

Initially when I set out to get this clothing made by Yunsil I contemplated getting it for myself only. I then decided it would be best to offer it to your guys as I know the passion for Walt is there and the clothing available is poor to say the least.

Secondly, before I even approached Yunsil, I approached Denny. I asked if he would consider making Walt and he didn't even know who he was let alone consider making him.

If I had gone on to commission it myself what a s__t storm that would have turned out to be! I have been there before and I didn't want to tread that path again.

It is in no way my fault or Yunsil's for that matter that Wake has since convinced Iminime and Denny to tackle him.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't!!

Some of you are unbelievable!

Ya i know what you mean, it's the timing of things I guess...it's just unsettling to not see any updates from the prototype till now when it's already been past the expected delivery. I know delays happen with every custom work out there, but with Denny's release coming up the pressure just builds up. No hard feelings I'm still plenty excited for it.

Back