mad max the road warrior by idm customs outfit wip pg 20

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: mad max the road warrior by idm customs (wip kneepad revision pg 7 @ all pics pg

please add me to the waitlist....:)

Re: mad max the road warrior by idm customs (wip kneepad revision pg 7 @ all pics pg

update time i've been in talks with john and he's been tracking down fabric for this project and it's not cheap, with that being said the cost will go up not sure how much yet. Also john wanted me to let the wait list members know that he will do a second run of these so basically you guys have all been converted to a second run. not sure if he will do all figures at once or as two separate runs i will confirm that asap, but for now we will call it a second run. also john explained to me the more people we have it will help keep the coast down.

p.s the is johns first custom figure run so bare with him and me as we figure this all out and it will be worth it in the end. sculpt has been started but it's rough right now but it's already in the works.

on behalf of john and myself, thanks

update time i've been in talks with john and he's been tracking down fabric for this project and it's not cheap, with that being said the cost will go up not sure how much yet. Also john wanted me to let the wait list members know that he will do a second run of these so basically you guys have all been converted to a second run. not sure if he will do all figures at once or as two separate runs i will confirm that asap, but for now we will call it a second run. also john explained to me the more people we have it will help keep the coast down.

p.s the is johns first custom figure run so bare with him and me as we figure this all out and it will be worth it in the end. sculpt has been started but it's rough right now but it's already in the works.

on behalf of john and myself, thanks

:goodpost:

Congrats to everyone now :clap

As long as this comes out perfect, I don't think people will mind a little hike in the price.

:goodpost:

Congrats to everyone now :clap

As long as this comes out perfect, I don't think people will mind a little hike in the price.

yea i know he's going mad max crazy he's consumed with making this as good as it gets. he forgot about the leg brace and he started working on it right away and told me we will need to assemble every leg brace by hand once their casted so a lot of work will go into this. but well worth the wait.

Re: mad max the road warrior by idm customs (wip kneepad revision pg7 waitlist conver

Attention to detail :clap I can see him going all in on this. I'm sure he will knock it out of the park...take the time and make it prefect.

Re: mad max the road warrior by idm customs (wip kneepad revision pg7 waitlist conver

I'm taking a wild stab that this will be $550

I'm hoping it won't. I want to try and keep the prices low, but often times we don't know how much the fabrics cost until we actually pick them out. Paying full retail on leather isn't exactly helping, but I don't know what our other options are. Max has soo much stuff that needs to be molded, casted and painted, and you get the dog, the leg brace, full gear, outfit, weapon, so it's a lot of work. I think we can try to keep the prices down if we can buy the resin and leather in a larger quantity when we start. I'm gonna keep my eye out for that 40% off coupon Joann's always sends out. :D

Hey All,

Is this still in the works or an abandoned project? No updates for a while now so just wanted to check?

Thanks

Hey All,

Is this still in the works or an abandoned project? No updates for a while now so just wanted to check?

Thanks

Project is still a go. John is working on sculpt. Still waiting on printed parts to arrive, and outfit is being worked on as well. Will post pics once their available.

Yup, Max is still on. He's a slow burner for sure. Mel is one hard dude to capture. I've been working on him on and off and never seem to be happy with the sculpt. I don't like to show WIPs because I know everyone will say what I already know is wrong with the sculpt. :D

We found a good source of the material, but it's quite pricey. Jen will tackle the outfit once we get all the 3D parts printed back. I'm not sure why but his parts seem to take much longer than other things I've printed in the past. I think it's also because there's just so many parts also and Kraftwurx prints each part as a separate file and job.

I've been also looking at ways to duplicate his brace in metal. Handmaking each one is going to cost a lot so I might try and do a cold cast metal for the brace. Been working on that for the past few weeks and I've been playing around with cold-casting on some of Drake's parts for testing.

Thanks for the update. I think most would rather you guys to take your time and be happy with the outcome than to rush through.

Appreciate the work.

Great to hear that this project is still a goer. I too appreciate the time you are taking to get the Max/Mel head right! I was lucky enough a couple years ago to have a chat with legend artist/sculptor David Tremont at Weta Workshop and asked him why no one to that date had been able to truly capture the look of Mel Gibson in a head sculpt and he said something about Mel's facial symmetry and features being too perfect or something to that affect? Looking forward to seeing what you come up with?

Good news :)

put me on list...interested

I've been having a hell of a time trying to sculpt Mel Gibson as he was in Mad Max 2 The Road Warrior, so I've asked my friend Chu (BBKill) to help with the headsculpt. BBKill is an amazing artist and I hope to collaborate more with him in the future. The sculpt is just amazing as you can see. I hope I can get this printed and will try to preserve the amount of detail and beauty that is BBKill's work.

In other updates, I received almost all the printed parts so now it's on to the clothing. Jen's been working on the patterns and we should have some pics pretty soon.

mmax1.jpg

Wow blown away that's the best max I've seen cant wait for this!!!!!

Back