mad max the road warrior by idm customs outfit wip pg 20

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: mad max the road warrior by idm customs (update on head sculpt pg10 post 99)

Please add me to the list.

Re: mad max the road warrior by idm customs (update on head sculpt pg10 post 99)

I think John is well past a 2nd run and into a third. This looks amazing. If you are still adding put me down as well.:D

Funny how the interest spike like crazy once the head was shown. But that's what a great sculpt can do. I'm glad this is turning out so well excited to get one of my Grails I've been wanting for a while now.

I need to contact john to see if a third run will happen.

Yeah, few characters demand "action figures" more than Max. And it's '80s, which is another real plus for me and my burgeoning '80s custom collection. I'm glad IDM is here to fill in some major collection gaps like Max and Back to the Future 2.

At the price though, I think you can expect substantial drop-off when put up or shut up time comes.

U could be right we will wait and see. Their is always interest until its time to pay.

From experience on my other figures. Many people will change their minds or drop out. So I would add anyone interested to a third run list and then shift the spots around when people make the deposits. I think the tough part will be to find enough ACI Christian bodies so those deposits are going to be crucial when we start looking for enough bodies for anyone who are still serious when Max is ready.

From experience on my other figures. Many people will change their minds or drop out. So I would add anyone interested to a third run list and then shift the spots around when people make the deposits. I think the tough part will be to find enough ACI Christian bodies so those deposits are going to be crucial when we start looking for enough bodies for anyone who are still serious when Max is ready.

That's all I need to know I will add third run list.

I'd still like to see the sculpt painted before passing final judgment. In it's raw form it certainly looks promising. Not being critical here but as a collector of everything Max for the past 30 years I too have been waiting for someone to get Mel/Max right? If someone can tell me how to post an image I'll put up one of the closest head sculpts I've seen of the perfect Max.

Not a big fan of tie aci silouhette Do you think the clothe Will also fit a ttm19 (or its knock offs)?

It should fit a TTM19. I felt the same way and wasn't too wild about the ACI body as well since the body proportions are slightly off in certain areas. But the TTM19 is much too buff for Max. Mel wasn't that muscular and I think a Bruce Lee body would be best, but there aren't many readily available alternatives on the market other than the Christian body at this point.

I am interested too. thanks. Head sculpt looks great.

I also ordered one of those Worldbox bodies from eBay and will try it out when it gets here in a few weeks. Another body I would like to try is the Kaustik Plastic body, but I'm not sure when those will come out. The ACI body isn't bad, it's actually quite good. Only the neck and wrist areas look kind of goofy, but with Max, I think it will work just fine. I think trying to get enough bodies will be the problem since most retailers don't carry any on hand. I might try and contact some of the eBay sellers from China to see if they can do a special order for some.

Your better off going with the Christian body. I got one of the World box bodies and they are crap. Also the Kaustik bodies are good, but the upper body is too bulky.

Thanks for your answer :)
Im more for getting something that looks good to my eyes than absolute accuracy, recently i used a ttm19 on barnes and he looks cooler to me. Christian body is fine, especially if they re easier to find for you :)

Punishment, tought the world box bodies were ok safe for that plastic shine?

worldbox bods not too bad, but not for max...too muscular, slim christian sounds good...or ttm 19 is not too muscular

Back