NECA 1/4 Predator 2 "City Hunter" movie accurate bio-mask

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been doing this for 3-4 years now and fast resin is not a $$$ smart idea. Mine has about 5-8 minutes work time depending on the weather.

I'm interested as well Alice.

PM'ed you a few months back but never heard from you.

REALLY hope I haven't missed the boat on this as I'm relatively new to the HT and Neca Pred game

Super hope to hear from you eventually, I'm definitely not a time waster

How long is the work time on your resin? The work time on this one is two minutes. On my first pour I was pouring pretty slowly to avoid too many air bubbles, but the resin hardened in the cup mid-pour.

Try smooth cast 305 it will give u 7 minutes work time! But u need to tint it or else its bright white and a lot of us dont like cast liek that. U can get the same product in a off white aslso but i hear the work time is a minuite or 2 less even know it says 7 minuites so for that reason i havent tried it yet.

If u want the stuff u have to take longer to cure keep it in the fridge! If its cold itll give u and extra minute or 2 work time!

Sorry for the long lack of communication, guys. I still want to finish this thing up. Over the last while I've moved several times, and most of my stuff has been in boxes. Haven't had time or space to work on anything. Now that I'm settled, and I see that there are still people showing interest, I'll try to get this project moving again.

Thanks for the recommendation, Scotty. The biggest problem has been trying to find the smooth cast here. Finally found some, and as soon as I get the money I'll buy some and give it a go. If I can pull a few good masks I might be able to move this thing along. Even still, there are a few things I want to tweak, so I may try to pull a cast, tweak it and make another, improved mold.

Thanks Alice- when you can, feel free to update page 1 with my username for a painted version (he said, getting well ahead of himself)...from the thread its certainly shaping up like you'll have more than enough to justify material expenses and effort?

Bio is a beaut :clap so damn cool!

@Alice: Trying not to cross the line between a reasonable pulse check every few months and annoying, possibly harassing forum-spams, I too would like to know if this grail quest is to be faithfully pursued. I don't need an update...just hope

Thanks Alice! Who's with meeeee (crickets)

I'm also interested in seeing this finished, especially now I have one of these masked versions boxed up waiting for a bit of TLC.

That's awesome mate. I'm glad to see it's still alive and that you're back at it. I'm definitely still interested.

PS. Any chance this thread can be moved to the Figures sub-forum? Think it'd help its exposure and make following the progress easier.

Any chance this thread can be moved to the Figures sub-forum? Think it'd help its exposure and make following the progress easier.

You'd have to ask a mod about that, but I doubt it. Interest threads belong in this sub-forum, and I don't want to have another thread cluttering up the figure forum. What I will do, though, is dig the 1/4 Predator Custom thread and post updates there as well as here.

Can it be displayed with the mask less version?

Yeah. There's still some info up there about me making a detailed inside. Not sure if I'm still gonna do that, but we'll see. No reason you couldn't display the helmet alongside the unmasked version, though.

Further work done to the inside details of the laser shroud, and the left temple. Also widening the jaw to give it a more squat look.

XfxBR5L.jpg

Hi Alice. Great thread and idea. If this fits over my unmasked neca P2 head then please put me down for one.

Sent from my SM-N930F using Tapatalk

Well, displaying "with" and displaying "on" are two very different things. There's no way to make a properly proportioned helmet fit on the unmasked head, even if the mandibles were sculpted closed.

I was toying with maybe casting up copies of the unmasked head to go along with the mask for people who have the unmasked version. Not sure how I'd handle the dreds, though.

So, the mask fell of the stand today, and damaged a bit. Luckily, it was a part that wasn't quite done yet, and is easily fixable. Took this chance to revisit the brow. It was a tad too big, and not quite angled right from the profile view. Pretty scary dremeling without causing too much damage to the rest of the mask, as the sculpy is still soft.

e6fOw4e.jpg

7exnj0Z.jpg

Back