Peter Cushing set by Sculptor

Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum

Help Support Custom One-Sixth Figures Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's Tarkin (with Vader as requested) after I soaked the clothes in very hot water then sent them thru a high heat run in the dryer. Not much difference if any. In order to get that nice tight fitting officer's uniform I think you'd have to use a T-800 body or something similar and that just wouldn't work for Tarkin.

I had also planned on using a pair of HT Han boots but there's just too much thick material to fit in them. I couldn't even get the material down in the SS boots properly. I'll have to dremel away some calf material on the body in order to get rid of the baggy legs.

I may use the uniforms I got to make another officer, a bigger officer, but I just don't think there's anything I can do to make it work for a thin Tarkin.

IMG_0385.JPG

Here's Tarkin (with Vader as requested) after I soaked the clothes in very hot water then sent them thru a high heat run in the dryer. Not much difference if any. In order to get that nice tight fitting officer's uniform I think you'd have to use a T-800 body or something similar and that just wouldn't work for Tarkin.

I had also planned on using a pair of HT Han boots but there's just too much thick material to fit in them. I couldn't even get the material down in the SS boots properly. I'll have to dremel away some calf material on the body in order to get rid of the baggy legs.

I may use the uniforms I got to make another officer, a bigger officer, but I just don't think there's anything I can do to make it work for a thin Tarkin.

View attachment 330600
I tried the water too to no avail, such a shame 😞😞
I bought DiD German officer boots, but just the same i couldn't get the fabric down inside them properly either.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

That's a damn shame, because look how great Tarkin looks with Vader. That's a set-up I want.

Guess it's the Piett uniform until HT or someone makes a good Tarkin.

Is it that picture -- or Vader's helmet -- but the Tarkin sculpt looks a wee bit small.

It's the width of the shoulders that's making the sculpt look a bit small. It isn't on the small side one bit.

This setup will make for a decent Tarkin with a little creative futzing for sure but probably not what most of us envisioned a nice custom Tarkin to look like. We've got an exceptional sculpt and a very well made and affordable outfit although an outfit not quite scaled to a body that matched what Tarkin looked like on screen.

That's the only thing keeping this from being THE Tarkin figure. The outfit just needed to fit snug to at least the ttm-18 or 21 if not the Slim in order to get that accurate Tarkin/Imperial Officer look.

Darn, if I could just get my hands on a Piett figure I would pick up this sculpt. But unfortunately they seem to be impossible to find now.

Dang

Does that mean the custom suit won't work with Tarkin ? :(

I`m happy with the piett suit it`s rare enough as you cant find any of these outfit`s any more. I still want to find a better under shirt but for now it is what it is. you may fire when ready!
IMG_0206.JPG

I feel like we definitely need a correction on this suit. Totally understand that ole boy is going through some things right now and I wish him and his fam the best. However, once you get back on your feet, it'll be good to discuss how this gets corrected so it really does fit the TT 18,21 or slim. I certainly ordered on the strength that the tailoring was for that body and would love to see this project come together as intended. As it is, there's no one lined up to put a kick ass painting on this thing, so there's that issue with the project as well.

I recieved my set from my painter today and the head and hands are very cool. I feel the code cylinders, rank badge and belt buckle are a little on the large side when compared to the Sideshow Piett version. The battery on my phone was dead so I couldn't take a picture of my Tarkin so I'll do it in the morning.

Sent from the Death Star communication division.

I recieved my set from my painter today and the head and hands are very cool. I feel the code cylinders, rank badge and belt buckle are a little on the large side when compared to the Sideshow Piett version. The battery on my phone was dead so I couldn't take a picture of my Tarkin so I'll do it in the morning.

What suit are you using, j?

I'm using a Sideshow Piett outfit on a Sideshow Piett body. Thinking of changing the body to a Hot Toys Slim to see how it looks.

yeah I thought PIETT`S outfit is a great option if you have an extra one for tarkin. and Dan`s is great to for a second option since the ss PIETT outfit is rare and hard to find.

I bought Marks (Dorgmal Snows) loose Tarkin custom figure for $100 shipped a few months back when he sold off most of his Star Wars stuff. It was a complete Sideshow Piett with a custom Tarkin head that Mark done a few years ago.

78941502bddf09e012b91b8505c807f2.jpg

1db8550c0b4bf19d4c9fca275592e5f5.jpg

Very quick photo of my Tarkin (painted by the very talented Ian Ashton) this morning. I was running out the door to work so just took a quick pic or two.

He's on a Sideshow Piett body with Piett outfit.

Hoping to change him to a Hot Toys Slim and maybe shorten the neck a tiny bit.

Back